Not every game needs a multiplayer component.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 jdc6305
Member since 2005 • 5058 Posts

l bought a 360 for some kick a$$ looking games but I'm disapointed in the liengh of the single player campains in alot of them. Gears of War looks great and I bought ityesterdaybut Ihaven't even played it yet. From what I've read it's 6 hours long. I know I'm gonna like it by just looking at it but I know once I finish it I'm gonna be ticked their isnt more.Good thing I waited and bought it used for $30 because if I paid $60 I'd be left with a sour taste in my mouth.

Same with Halo3 at this time I have no plans on purchaseing it because I feel ripped of with halo 2 being short. Halo 1one was a great game when it came out. If Bungie could have put as much effort into the single player campainof halo 2 as they did in part one it could have been better.

I think alot of these developers on the 360are taking a cop out when it comes to the single player campain in alot of these games. I think it's a cheap way for themto save on developement time and use multiplayer components as an excuse.

Resident Evil 4 took 20 hours to complete but did'nt have a multiplayer component and it was a great game. Gears of War single player campain does'nt even match half what RE4's leingh.

I personaly could care less about multi player games most of my friends don't even play video games. And I could care less about going on xbox live and listening to a bunch of little spider monkeys run thier mouth.

I bought my xbox for Mass Effect, and Assassins Creed.

donnygorgas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 donnygorgas
Member since 2005 • 2531 Posts

Ha Ha Spider Monky!

I totally agree. Bioshock proves this. A good single playermode is more important to me than multiplayer.

wreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 wreak
Member since 2005 • 4645 Posts
ya i personally don't play very many online games, just the story mode thats all i realy need to be happy. a stellar single player.
PikaPichu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 PikaPichu
Member since 2003 • 17813 Posts
Every game could use a little bit of multiplayer, so as long as it isn't just tacked on. Imagine how much fun bioshock would be online. Shooting each other with bees would be freaking awesome!
zero9167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 zero9167
Member since 2005 • 14554 Posts

That's your opinion. The way i see it is, not every game needs a SINGLEPLAYER component... Gears of war single player is ridiculously boring to me. Mainly because i know I'm just fighting computer AI, and i have to move down a set path throughout the entire game, there's no challenge. But i've been playing the multiplayer off and on since the game came out last year. And I'm still only on chapter 3 in the campaign

Developers just need to start making more creative multiplayer!!!

Radiozo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Radiozo
Member since 2006 • 2413 Posts
I agree. I felt ripped off by Gears of War. But the worst rip-off ever is the sorry excuse for a game Motorstorm. Took me 2 hours to see everything. Sold the game the same day I bought it. "We gotta have BD so we can fit bigger games.# Yeah right! I had longer games on NES 20 years ago. :D
virtua91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 virtua91
Member since 2006 • 72 Posts
i'm with you on that I barely play online,i hate it when multi player is focused on so much that single player suffers would it be so hard to have a great single and multi player in one game instead of a good single player with crap multi player and good multiplayerwith crap single player.
txrider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 txrider
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

l bought a 360 for some kick a$$ looking games but I'm disapointed in the liengh of the single player campains in alot of them.jdc6305

Unless you already own it for PC, I'm assuming you play Oblivion? Looks great, no mp, long game (if you want it to be).

Halo_Master95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Halo_Master95
Member since 2006 • 300 Posts
i dont have xbox live and i have a little brother that i can play splitscreen with. but when i want to play alone i cant have fun with the multiplayer aspect of the game. So i think that more games should have the option of puting bots in your match. So i love games like Perfect Dark Zero, because of the ability to have bots in it. Im planning on getting gears and hoping that my little brother with want to play it with me
cod4roxs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 cod4roxs
Member since 2007 • 107 Posts
well gears of war and halo 3 are like two of the top games for the 360 and thier both co-op and its fun playing multiplayer co-op but Bioshock is a actually an amazing single player and bioshock proves that not every game should be multiplayer
ipath4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ipath4life
Member since 2006 • 1221 Posts
i prefer a good sp over multiplayer.....but if a games is going to leave out sp all together, they better do a very good job with multiplayer......
nadohawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 nadohawk
Member since 2005 • 135 Posts

Ha Ha Spider Monky!

I totally agree. Bioshock proves this. A good single playermode is more important to me than multiplayer.

donnygorgas

I concur. That is why I like RPGs the most.

BobZany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 BobZany
Member since 2004 • 1407 Posts

I tend to agree. It seems like in shooters especially, this trend towards having so much emphasis started with a lot of the Quake 3 based games. It was cool to have more in depth multiplayer in games like Elite Force and RTCW, but then the single player portion of the game started getting shorter and shorter.

I'm not that big into multiplayer, so I'd like to see more shooters with a stronger, more developed single player campaign.

EDIT - Fixed a typo.

Knubbz360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Knubbz360
Member since 2007 • 470 Posts
I agree about the multiplayer aspect. If a game only has a single-player story in it, then so what? As long as it's really good, you'll still be playing it for months to come after you've bought it. Hopefully this blind obsession over multiplayer and it's importance doesn't take over the future of gaming cause I don't want to be playing "amazing" games like Shadowrun the rest of my life :roll:
ThaSod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#15 ThaSod
Member since 2007 • 1207 Posts

I tend to agree. It seems like in shooters especially, this trend towards having so much emphasis started with a lot of the Quake 3 based games. It was cool to have more in depth multiplayer in games like Elite Force and RTCW, but then the single player portion of the game started getting shorter and shorter.

I'm not that big into multiplayer, so I'd like to see more shooters with a stonge, more developed single player campaign.

BobZany

What's a stonge?

I am with you, I was so disappointed when I found out Shadowrun would be MP only.

I originally bought my 360 solely for Oblivion, but I have been disappointed with SP content since then.

Enchanted Arms has a very long SP campaign but the voice actingand lack of anything to interact with is so abyssmal that it is hard to regard it as a real RPG.

Shrapnel99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Shrapnel99
Member since 2006 • 7143 Posts
360 games definetely need longer/better single player campaigns. Especially shooters. The only game I've played with a decent AND long single player is Oblivion.
RockysCatnipCo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 RockysCatnipCo
Member since 2005 • 3165 Posts
It really depends on whether the devs can make a quality MP and SP. Rainbow Six for instance had a great single player, not too long though (about 10 hours), and an insanely addictive MP.thats the only game I can think of that really delivers on both aspects. For a single player only game, Oblivion hands down is my favorite. (Havent played bioshock outside of the demo yet)
Shade-Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Shade-Blade
Member since 2007 • 4930 Posts
360 games definetely need longer/better single player campaigns. Especially shooters. The only game I've played with a decent AND long single player is Oblivion.Shrapnel99
Sounds like you need to play Bioshock :) If thats your type of game. Atleast rent it lol. And you might wanna play The Darkness. Its a little on the short side and the multiplayer is terrible but the story is great and addictive.
MichaeltheCM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#19 MichaeltheCM
Member since 2005 • 22765 Posts
they need to make the campaigns sufficiently long as well as have an awesome multiplayer to make the game worth buying
Shrapnel99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Shrapnel99
Member since 2006 • 7143 Posts

[QUOTE="Shrapnel99"]360 games definetely need longer/better single player campaigns. Especially shooters. The only game I've played with a decent AND long single player is Oblivion.Shade-Blade
Sounds like you need to play Bioshock :) If thats your type of game. Atleast rent it lol. And you might wanna play The Darkness. Its a little on the short side and the multiplayer is terrible but the story is great and addictive.

I plan on eventually buying both of those games (they look incredible) but I have to wait for most games coming outthis year to drop in price, theres just sooo many I want :P

Shade-Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Shade-Blade
Member since 2007 • 4930 Posts

[QUOTE="Shade-Blade"][QUOTE="Shrapnel99"]360 games definetely need longer/better single player campaigns. Especially shooters. The only game I've played with a decent AND long single player is Oblivion.Shrapnel99

I plan on eventually buying both of those games (they look incredible) but I have to wait for most games coming outthis year to drop in price, theres just sooo many I want :P

Lol, I definatly know what you mean by that. Im only positive that Ill get 3-4 games this holiday season, all the others will have to wait lol. Id say buy Bioshock but rent The Darkness. Only because Bioshock has a great story and tons of replayability and The Darkness didnt have any replayability and its on the short side. not to mention the multiplayer is a horrible lagfest.
BobZany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 BobZany
Member since 2004 • 1407 Posts

What's a stonge?

ThaSod

An embarrassing typo. :o That should have been "stronger".

david60639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 david60639
Member since 2005 • 6951 Posts
Develop the single player and multi-player aspects of the game equally and with as much enthusiasm without taking anything on and there will be no problems.
pigonthewing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#24 pigonthewing
Member since 2003 • 380 Posts

I do think its starting to hit commercially that good single player sells. I remember seeing some polls of what is preferred style of game and far more people like single player, i cant back that up though. If bioshock sells well, you will see more like it for sure. Also we have Mass Effect and isnt Creed single player only?

b4r3nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 b4r3nd
Member since 2005 • 742 Posts
Pro evolution soccer en counterstrike is enough online, the rest of the games only need a good singleplayer.

And pro evolution soccer online doesn't even work well on live, i felt very dissapointed with the "great online of the 360"after playing PES online, i don't even have live now.
Blood_0f_Moon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Blood_0f_Moon
Member since 2007 • 397 Posts

i prefer a good sp over multiplayer.....but if a games is going to leave out sp all together, they better do a very good job with multiplayer......ipath4life

The bad thing is must games that are JUST MP suck.... Just look at Shadowrun and Battle Field 2....

Shadowrun was just an updated Counter Strike with just a few maps (and only 3 of them were good).

BattleField 2 was great online but you always played the same two maps in EVERY game.

chisoxrule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 chisoxrule
Member since 2005 • 2096 Posts

Its nice to know that I'm not the only one who is upset with the lack of effort in single player games these days, particularly FPS games. The release of Bioshock is like a breath of fresh air. I can undestand how mulitplayer games can be fun but the appeal of single player games comes from a great story and a sense of exploration and Bioshock does this well, something thats been neglected as of late (Gears of War, I'm looking in your direction). As far as Halo 3, the single player component will be a deciding factor on whether I buy it or not.

Lord_Nuclear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Lord_Nuclear
Member since 2007 • 251 Posts

I agree about the multiplayer aspect. If a game only has a single-player story in it, then so what? As long as it's really good, you'll still be playing it for months to come after you've bought it. Hopefully this blind obsession over multiplayer and it's importance doesn't take over the future of gaming cause I don't want to be playing "amazing" games like Shadowrun the rest of my life :roll:Knubbz360

Are you kidding me? I enjoy single player campaigns every bit as much as the next person but there is no way that any campaign deserves to be played, and replayed, over and over for months on end. Who wants to play the exact same campaign repeatedly for months? Nobody. They want to play it, enjoy it, and play it again sometime in the future. If the campaign isn't any good then it doesn't get any replay. That's why it's important for games to have a strong single player aspect.

However, it is even better for games to have a strong multiplayer. Multiplayer is what does keep people playing the same game for months on end. Does it keep everyone playing for months? Nah. But if you happen to decide that you want to play an online game of Gears of War, then guess what, there are still a ton of people playing that game and it's been nearly a year. They aren't playing it for the single player campaign, either. And lets look at Halo 2. How long has it been since it was released? And that's right, people still play it. Why? Because of the multiplayer.

In my own personal opinion, I don't ever buy any game unless it is going to have a decent multiplayer. Single player games just aren't worth the cost/time ratio. I don't want to spend $60 on a game that will take me five hours to beat. I do, however, buy those once in a blue moon great single players that come out - like Oblivion. It has a good storyline and the play is solid. The fact that you control nearly the entire gaming world in Oblivion is why I've spent over 250 hours on that game alone. But how often do you find games like that? Not often.

Concluding, the only thing I look for is a good multiplayer. That's the only thing that I know will keep me spending hours on my Xbox. If the game also happens to have a decent single player, I'll play it. Otherwise, I'll wait for a single player game to catch my eye and stick to the multiplayers.

Lord_Tik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Lord_Tik
Member since 2002 • 888 Posts
I don't mind an added on mulitplayer component. Just as long as the single player game is equally as good.
Gravity_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Gravity_2
Member since 2004 • 440 Posts
dont knock multiplayer parts of games. to me its great fun. i have no one else in my house to play games against so i go on live. ok the gears of war multiplayer gets annoyin because the only people that i have come across that play it online are little high pitch amazingly annoyin noobs. i love playing cod 2 or 3 online or raimbo 6 vegas.
CheekSqueaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#31 CheekSqueaker
Member since 2006 • 37 Posts
I won't be getting Bioshock for the fact that it doesn't have multiplayer
Hermitkermit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#32 Hermitkermit
Member since 2005 • 1880 Posts
agree We need more long games and maybe add co-op into them?
rav44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 rav44
Member since 2007 • 1339 Posts
Yeah, i totally love single player!!!!!!!! i can't get live because of a stupid security code and firewall. i think that every game should have bot matches so that the many people unfortunate enough to not have live can still experience the something very similar to the online experience. (shadowrun.)
Demonicstriker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#34 Demonicstriker
Member since 2006 • 288 Posts
Sure but you will pay out the ass if you want to have both single and multi-player functions to be great. I liked Gears single player I was not disappointed what so ever it may be short but there are several different difficulties to play through. I played gears through 10 or so times and it was just as good each time. Also there is split screen offline which is fun as well.
Blood_0f_Moon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Blood_0f_Moon
Member since 2007 • 397 Posts

I won't be getting Bioshock for the fact that it doesn't have multiplayer CheekSqueaker

BioShock was a rent for me since it didn't have online. I have played the game for maybe 5 hours and I feel like I am half way through the game... I do not like playing games more than once UNLESS they at least have online co-op...

NAPK1NS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#36 NAPK1NS
Member since 2004 • 14870 Posts
Get BioShock then! You will love it to death!
Fifty_Pence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Fifty_Pence
Member since 2006 • 397 Posts

l bought a 360 for some kick a$$ looking games but I'm disapointed in the liengh of the single player campains in alot of them. Gears of War looks great and I bought ityesterdaybut Ihaven't even played it yet. From what I've read it's 6 hours long. I know I'm gonna like it by just looking at it but I know once I finish it I'm gonna be ticked their isnt more.Good thing I waited and bought it used for $30 because if I paid $60 I'd be left with a sour taste in my mouth.

Same with Halo3 at this time I have no plans on purchaseing it because I feel ripped of with halo 2 being short. Halo 1one was a great game when it came out. If Bungie could have put as much effort into the single player campainof halo 2 as they did in part one it could have been better.

I think alot of these developers on the 360are taking a cop out when it comes to the single player campain in alot of these games. I think it's a cheap way for themto save on developement time and use multiplayer components as an excuse.

Resident Evil 4 took 20 hours to complete but did'nt have a multiplayer component and it was a great game. Gears of War single player campain does'nt even match half what RE4's leingh.

I personaly could care less about multi player games most of my friends don't even play video games. And I could care less about going on xbox live and listening to a bunch of little spider monkeys run thier mouth.

I bought my xbox for Mass Effect, and Assassins Creed.

jdc6305

Who took 20 hours to beat RE4? really, I think the max is like 10 hours of content. I beat it in about 5-6 hours when Im going slow.

battlefront23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#38 battlefront23
Member since 2006 • 12625 Posts
yes and no. I think for a game to have lasting value (at least, if its an fps) it needs a solid mp component to keep it good unless its 40 hrs long.
death1505921

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 death1505921
Member since 2004 • 5260 Posts

I agree. Multi player should be an extra, not the other way around.

On a side note, DON'T SAY I COULD CARE LESS!!! It makes no sense. It's I couldn't care less. Otherwise you're admiting you care, because you could care less about it. You can't care less about something you care nothing about. If you use I couldn't care less, then it means you care about it so little, it's impossible for you to care less anymore. Damn it annoys me when americans do that.

Avatar image for urdailybeatdown
urdailybeatdown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 urdailybeatdown
Member since 2006 • 110 Posts
i am so happy that bioshock is only single player it is the best single player for 360 since oblivion came out and gears is good for multiplayer and hopefully so will halo 3. But the truth is games like rainbow six vegas were good multiplayer but its single player was really boring to me
partytimekegs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#41 partytimekegs
Member since 2005 • 974 Posts
One of the XBOX and XBOX 360 headline features was its multiplayer and online componet. I'd rather have great multiplayer than an over-the-top singleplayer.. but thats just my opinion. Not everyone has the ability or resources to get online. I just think Singleplayer is just too limited and short.. such as Bioshock's replayability being averaged around 30 hours or so. (Thats both harvesting then going back and starting over then helping the little sisters.) I'd have to say I'm more aligned with online play. Ever since the old days of the first Xbox and Jedi Knight Academy, I was hooked to online competition and games. Now I can't seem to put down Rainbow Six Vegas, TDU, and Forza online. Can't wait for more games.. Two Worlds.. Halo 3.. Midnight Club 3.. Stuntman Ignition. Great online stuff coming this year and next.
Agent_Kaliaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#42 Agent_Kaliaver
Member since 2004 • 4722 Posts

A lot of the games you pointed out were core, plain shooters. I am pretty sure RE4 wasn't just a shooter, but also a horror game. How many horror games are big into the online thing? I don't that it was really the fact that Halo 1 was that incredibly much longer, but the fact that Halo 2 was a lot easier (besides legendary). I mean we knew how to kill the flood already in Halo 2 and with the introduction of the battle rifle it got rid of a whole bunch of close encounters that could end in a melee fight.

Now for Gears. You say the single-player was short, but truthfully the entire game lacks depth. The online mode has no customization (the most is choosing your character and deciding where the guns are in player matches). Besides that there isn't much... There are only 4 game modes which don't change a whole bunch up. Each game mode besides Annex is really just deathmatch.

Now i will agree that many games need to put more into their single-player game. Gears needed more in almost every aspect but graphics and fun gameplay. Of course though there are games out there that are offline primary games, but if your looker for offline primary shooters than your not going to find a lot. Bioshock will probably be the one out of the 20 there will be for the 360.

Now the games that are offline primary are... Viva Pinata, Kameo, Condemned, almost all sports title really, King Kong, N3, DW:5 (i think five), then you have your alt sports with Tony Hawks, and etc. Now i can name off some others like Enchanted Arms, Mass Effect (not out), Blue Dragon (kind of out), Lost Odyssy (not out), Eternal Sonata (not out). Of course you don't see me listing any shooters. The reason for that is because 90% or more shooters have taken to online play a lot.

Back in the N64 days i played Goldeneye more for its multiplayer and same with Perfect Dark. Even with Halo 1... the big reason i kept playing it was because 12-16 people lan parties were tons of fun and really in a shooter playing the same level over and over again to me becomes just trying to find glitches. I don't replay most shooters because their story is awesome.... no i replay them because they are fun experience so i will probably play co-op after i beat the story solo and then never go back to it again. I used to do this even when their wasn't online gaming for consoles.

Really now i have a bigger problem with developers focusing on graphics. Yea Gears looks awesome, but it lacks depth in every single way. The game play is a ton of fun, but even that is played the way they made the game. What usually happens is just running and gunning with shotguns which takes out a lot of strategy from the shooter. Of course i love Halo and that is a run and gun, but that game was trying to be one. My problem is that many developers focus on making the game look super pretty and then giving you almost half a game and then saying "there will be sequals or mabye more content". Why would i want to pay $60 to get the rest of the content that should have been in the 1st game? That would be the reason i am really looking forward to Halo 3. I truly don't think the graphics are anywhere near as good as Gears... but really they are almost doubling the amount of content that they added from Halo 1 to 2 and the they are almost doubling to tripling the features.

No not every game needs a multiplayer component and that is evident in Oblivion, Bioshock, and every Final Fantasy ever made (i don't feel like backspacing so i will add this now), and of course MGS. The games are awesome, but in truth i don't think i have every really played video games for their story..... if i really wanted a story i would read a book. I usually play them because they are fun and if their single-player is only 6 hours long i am fine with that.... as long as it is fun.

partytimekegs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#43 partytimekegs
Member since 2005 • 974 Posts

I agree. I felt ripped off by Gears of War. But the worst rip-off ever is the sorry excuse for a game Motorstorm. Took me 2 hours to see everything. Sold the game the same day I bought it. "We gotta have BD so we can fit bigger games.# Yeah right! I had longer games on NES 20 years ago. :DRadiozo

So true. Who in their right mind would spend the money and time on making a game that can fit on a 80gb disc.. lol.. thats just too much. Sony is in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Cpt_Bulgebelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Cpt_Bulgebelly
Member since 2006 • 158 Posts
I agree for the most part. I dont think Bioshock would have been as high a quality a game if they had tried to do a multiplayer. I think games like Overlord could have been better if they had chosen not to make it multiplayer.
ProjectPat187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ProjectPat187
Member since 2005 • 2178 Posts

[QUOTE="Knubbz360"]I agree about the multiplayer aspect. If a game only has a single-player story in it, then so what? As long as it's really good, you'll still be playing it for months to come after you've bought it. Hopefully this blind obsession over multiplayer and it's importance doesn't take over the future of gaming cause I don't want to be playing "amazing" games like Shadowrun the rest of my life :roll:Lord_Nuclear

Are you kidding me? I enjoy single player campaigns every bit as much as the next person but there is no way that any campaign deserves to be played, and replayed, over and over for months on end. Who wants to play the exact same campaign repeatedly for months? Nobody. They want to play it, enjoy it, and play it again sometime in the future. If the campaign isn't any good then it doesn't get any replay. That's why it's important for games to have a strong single player aspect.

However, it is even better for games to have a strong multiplayer. Multiplayer is what does keep people playing the same game for months on end. Does it keep everyone playing for months? Nah. But if you happen to decide that you want to play an online game of Gears of War, then guess what, there are still a ton of people playing that game and it's been nearly a year. They aren't playing it for the single player campaign, either. And lets look at Halo 2. How long has it been since it was released? And that's right, people still play it. Why? Because of the multiplayer.

In my own personal opinion, I don't ever buy any game unless it is going to have a decent multiplayer. Single player games just aren't worth the cost/time ratio. I don't want to spend $60 on a game that will take me five hours to beat. I do, however, buy those once in a blue moon great single players that come out - like Oblivion. It has a good storyline and the play is solid. The fact that you control nearly the entire gaming world in Oblivion is why I've spent over 250 hours on that game alone. But how often do you find games like that? Not often.

Concluding, the only thing I look for is a good multiplayer. That's the only thing that I know will keep me spending hours on my Xbox. If the game also happens to have a decent single player, I'll play it. Otherwise, I'll wait for a single player game to catch my eye and stick to the multiplayers.

I agree with this guy totally, he clearly explained why MULTIPLAYER IS A MUST
Dub_c6969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Dub_c6969
Member since 2004 • 6014 Posts

Yea i agree with the TC, thats why i still play FF7 & Xenogears on Psx to this day, I can still get about a good 70 hours out of Xenogears if i try to do everything that is.

EDIT: I still like my multiplayer alot I have been playing PGR3 since the day it came out, Same for halo2.