Ninja Gaiden, how well does it work.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

big_pimpin_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 big_pimpin_99
Member since 2005 • 1197 Posts
With NG2 coming out as early as June, I wanted to play the original NG. Due to the fact I'm skint and am currently off live, it's easier for me to get the original NG, how does it work on the 360?
l0uciferr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 l0uciferr
Member since 2005 • 434 Posts

With NG2 coming out as early as June, I wanted to play the original NG. Due to the fact I'm skint and am currently off live, it's easier for me to get the original NG, how does it work on the 360?big_pimpin_99

I don know about the original but Ninja gaiden Black works flawlessly on backwards Compat. I have been playing it none stop since i downloaded it last week and it plays just fine. The only issue with it is the opening "Team Ninja" water/mountaintop video has no sound but really ... that is a non issue. From what i understand playing the downloaded one is exactly like playing the disk so yo should have no problems.

x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#3 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts

Ninja Gaiden works perfectly. I've never noticed any problems with Ninja Gaiden or Ninja Gaiden Black on 360.

Ninja Gaiden doesn't have an easy mode though. I bought Ninja Gaiden the day it was released and to say I died about a million times during playing it would be an understatement. Keep practicing though and you'll eventually beat the boss who's just kicked your ass 40 times in a row.

I hate the fact Ninja Gaiden Black has an easy mode anyway. It goes against everything Ninja Gaiden stands for IMO. Maybe I'm just bitter because NG didn't have an easy mode and I had to focus on getting better rather than looking for an easy way through. Play through on Normal Mode your first time playing. That's what a real man does.

Avatar image for torontomapleafs
torontomapleafs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 torontomapleafs
Member since 2006 • 2019 Posts

Ninja Gaiden works perfectly. I've never noticed any problems with Ninja Gaiden or Ninja Gaiden Black on 360.

Ninja Gaiden doesn't have an easy mode though. I bought Ninja Gaiden the day it was released and to say I died about a million times during playing it would be an understatement. Keep practicing though and you'll eventually beat the boss who's just kicked your ass 40 times in a row.

I hate the fact Ninja Gaiden Black has an easy mode anyway. It goes against Ninja Gaiden stands for IMO. Maybe I'm just bitter because NG didn't have an easy mode and I had to focus on getting better rather than looking for an easy way through. Play through on Normal Mode your first time playing. That's what a real man does.

x-2tha-z

When I first played NGB off the xbox Orignals i didn't know how to put the game on easy mode and I was freaking out like "how the heck do you put this game on easy mode!" Jus tfigured it out a couple days ago and now I can actually play the game without dying evrey boss fight 10 times.

x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 x-2tha-z
[QUOTE="x-2tha-z"]

I hate the fact Ninja Gaiden Black has an easy mode anyway. It goes against Ninja Gaiden stands for IMO. Maybe I'm just bitter because NG didn't have an easy mode and I had to focus on getting better rather than looking for an easy way through. Play through on Normal Mode your first time playing. That's what a real man does.

torontomapleafs

When I first played NGB off the xbox Orignals i didn't know how to put the game on easy mode and I was freaking out like "how the heck do you put this game on easy mode!" Jus tfigured it out a couple days ago and now I can actually play the game without dying evrey boss fight 10 times.

It's a shame you weren't up to the challenge. You don't get the real NG experience until you start playing on Hard anyway. Especially in NGB because NGB has the new enemies that were introduced in the Hurricane Packs but you only get them when playing on Hard or higher.

Loads of people couldn't handle the challenge or were too lazy to learn anyway and just stopped playing. It seems like loads of people are like you and don't like to be challenged by games anymore or think they should be able to beat a game without dying. It's quite sad and if NG2 has been dumbed down or made too easy then people like you will be to blame.

Avatar image for torontomapleafs
torontomapleafs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 torontomapleafs
Member since 2006 • 2019 Posts

It's a shame you weren't up to the challenge. You don't get the real NG experience until you start playing on Hard anyway. Especially in NGB because NGB has the new enemies that were introduced in the Hurricane Packs but you only get them when playing on Hard or higher.

Loads of people couldn't handle the challenge or were too lazy to learn anyway and just stopped playing. It seems like loads of people are like you and don't like to be challenged by games anymore or think they should be able to beat a game without dying. It's quite sad and if NG2 has been dumbed down or made too easy then people like you will be to blame.

No you misunderstood me. I do like a challenge but i would rather play this game on easy first so that i could get better and than after im done beating this game on easy and have more skill ill be ready for the challenge normal brings. Im not one of those people (like you) who are willing to die over and over again until you get better at the game. I don't fnd that fun. I think they should of just made a tutorial or prctice mode.

x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 x-2tha-z

No you misunderstood me. I do like a challenge but i would rather play this game on easy first so that i could get better and than after im done beating this game on easy and have more skill ill be ready for the challenge normal brings. Im not one of those people (like you) who are willing to die over and over again until you get better at the game. I don't fnd that fun. I think they should of just made a tutorial or prctice mode.

torontomapleafs

Maybe you misunderstand me. If you play through easy with ease, learn new skills, then start Normal when you feel you're ready all you're doing is taking the challenge away from Normal Mode you would've got if Normal was your first play through.

I always play on Hard first with every game if I can. Hardened on COD4, Heroic on Halo 3, Hard on Bioshock, Devil Hunter on DMC3 etc.

Everyone has the right to decide what's best for themselves though. If you find it better to start on easy that's fine. Just don't admit to it then say you like a challenge because it's a huge contradiction.

destinhpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8 destinhpark
Member since 2006 • 4831 Posts
[QUOTE="torontomapleafs"]

x-2tha-z

Maybe you misunderstand me. If you play through easy with ease, learn new skills, then start Normal when you feel you're ready all you're doing is taking the challenge away from Normal Mode you would've got if Normal was your first play through.

I always play on Hard first with every game if I can. Hardened on COD4, Heroic on Halo 3, Hard on Bioshock, Devil Hunter on DMC3 etc.

Everyone has the right to decide what's best for themselves though. If you find it better to start on easy that's fine. Just don't admit to it then say you like a challenge because it's a huge contradiction.

jesus man, chill the **** out. it's a god damned game. Let him play on whatever difficulty he damn pleases.

FUBAR24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 FUBAR24
Member since 2005 • 12185 Posts
[QUOTE="torontomapleafs"]

x-2tha-z

dude its just a game and its his oppinion. you have no right to tell hiom his oppinion is wrong

as for me i just finished download NGB from xbox originals(i would have bought it used but its 10 bucks cheaper on XBL) so i havent had a chance to play it but i remember playing the demo on the old xbox and i loved it. i was just too young to buy it and my parents never bought me video games i had to buy them myself

Trickshot771

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10 Trickshot771
Member since 2005 • 12686 Posts
Ninja Gaiden is really fun. If you're going to play it, make sure you get Black, though.
x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 x-2tha-z
[QUOTE="x-2tha-z"][QUOTE="torontomapleafs"]

destinhpark

jesus man, chill the **** out. it's a god damned game. Let him play on whatever difficulty he damn pleases.

Read the last paragraph genius. I said if he likes to start on easy that's his choice. I was just getting my point across. I wasn't getting angry or anything so there's no need for me to "chill the **** out". I also wasn't talking to you or the poster below you so why do you feel the need to defend someone when there was no need to begin with. In future mind your own business and both of you can STFU.

big_pimpin_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 big_pimpin_99
Member since 2005 • 1197 Posts
Er, thanks guys, never meant for it to turn into a heated debate
destinhpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#13 destinhpark
Member since 2006 • 4831 Posts
[QUOTE="destinhpark"][QUOTE="x-2tha-z"][QUOTE="torontomapleafs"]

x-2tha-z

Read the last paragraph genius. I said if he likes to start on easy that's his choice. I was just getting my point across. I wasn't getting angry or anything so there's no need for me to "chill the **** out". I also wasn't talking to you or the poster below you so why do you feel the need to defend someone when there was no need to begin with. In future mind your own business and both of you can STFU.

Sorry, but to drag something so ridiculous as that out for that long is ridiculousss. you're quite crazy, my friend.

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#14 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts
I only have the origianl one, and no easy mode. It's DAMN hard but not impossible, i'm currently right at the last end boss. Can't beat it though. Had there been an easy mode i wouldnt' have gotten the grattitude i have towards that game due to the difficulty. Playing on normal makes it seem the ways it was suppsoed to be intended origianlly, and when it gets hard, you keep trying, when you beat that hard part you feel awesome inside until the next hard part. On easy, you lose all of that feeling. On the other hand, i suppose less experienced players were feeling left out since they coulnd't play the original one anyways.