**Ninja Gaiden 2 Reviews** NG2 Discussions here**

This topic is locked from further discussion.

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts

** Gamespot Ninja Gaiden 2 Launch Center **

Eurogamer: 7.0 Link

GamesRadar: 7.0 Link

CVG UK: 8.0 Link

IGN: 8.7 LinkIGN Video Review

Videogamer.com: 9.0 Link

Gametap: 9.0 Link

Gamedaily: 9.0 Link

Shacknews: (no score) Link

Check the Gamerankings NG2 page for avg. ratio and full (P)review list

TalkingAboutGames- Ninja Gaiden II Demo June 3rd

TeamXbox's reaction on early reviews

TeamXbox's 2nd reaction

NaiKoN9293

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 NaiKoN9293
Member since 2004 • 4102 Posts
thats what they get for not improving anything except the combat i guess. imagine if ninja gaiden combat + god of war everything else
fore_runner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 fore_runner
Member since 2004 • 8704 Posts
Not something I would have anticipated, but I also don't know anything about the journalists over at GamesRadar.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f89ab8e63049
deactivated-5f89ab8e63049

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-5f89ab8e63049
Member since 2007 • 3182 Posts
Their main gripe seems to be the difficulty, plus a tiny stab at camera angles.
Ayessua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Ayessua
Member since 2008 • 272 Posts

Apperently, they main issue with the game seems to be the 'punishing difficulty', even though NG2 was confirmed easier then the previous game and Black. So that's kind off a lame excuse to me. Also, they point fingers at the graphics which seems to be 'last gen' as they describe them. They also have some problems with the camera.

I don't really think this is credible though. As the reviewer said he was frustrated with the game. Seems to me like he isn't very good at it and trashes it because of that. Since it's nearly identical to the first game (which is a good thing) gameplay wise, I can't really see what could have gone wrong here.

I say it's not a credible review.

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 killerfist

^I agree

thats like giving MGS series a bad score because it has too much story

Its part of the game.

ZimpanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#7 ZimpanX
Member since 2005 • 12636 Posts
Doesn't seem like the right guy to review this type of a game.
Soda-Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Soda-Jack
Member since 2008 • 333 Posts

Link

thoughts?

killerfist
Gamesradar is the Mother site of N4G. N4G and Gamesradar are the equivalent of a grocery store tabloid. Webhits are the only thing these people care about.
CreepyBacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 CreepyBacon
Member since 2005 • 3183 Posts
Lol i really don't think he should write reviews when hes so blatantly so wound up over having his behind kicked. XD
killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 killerfist

Lol i really don't think he should write reviews when hes so blatantly so wound up over having his behind kicked. XDCreepyBacon

I agree. but it shouldnt be reviewd by a person that loves the series either.

plus TeamXbox has a reaction on the early reviews

TeamXbox

Avatar image for Keitarourashima
Keitarourashima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 Keitarourashima
Member since 2004 • 1422 Posts
I've never met anyone good at ninja gaiden that complains about it, cause this is the one game where you can't blame anything but your own skill if you fail. The blocking system and the counter attacks along with the regular attacks and combos, you should virtually be able to finish a fight without a scratch, if you've got those cat reflexes. I can finish ninja gaiden 1 without dying once, so I really doubt that this guy knows anything about "Mastering the combat system" since clearly he hasn't.
Ayessua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Ayessua

^I agree

Its part of the game.

killerfist

Exactly my point. I'm a long time NG fan and believe me when I say there is no such thing as a too hard Ninja Gaiden game. It can't get hard enough. Some games are hard because of annoying glitches and such or just too hard enemies. But Ninja Gaiden has always found the balance. It's difficulty is 'pure'. Every guy can technically beat the game. They just have to invest time into it. And it's not like one part of the game is so hard you can only get passed it with luck. Once you pass a section once or twice, you can handle yourself the third time as well.

Any Ninja Gaiden player here knows what I mean. Alma for example. We all thought the same thing: 'damn'. But let's face it here, which one of us NG players can't get passed her on one try now? That's right, we all can. Because we know how to handle and we have the 'skills' to do so which we lacked the first time we encounted her. And it seems to me that this reviewer right here is lacking exactly that.

Plus, the IGN review gave it a 8.7 and if you read the review, you can see the reviewer is more positive about it. Just some things like camera are issues, but they are less so then the previous game he said. So, no worries here. The content of the review means more to me then the grade. IGN basically stated it improved on the first game in every way except story. The camera still isn't perfect but it's better then the first. So I'm happy as hell. Can't wait for the demo.

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 killerfist
[QUOTE="killerfist"]

^I agree

Its part of the game.

Ayessua

Exactly my point. I'm a long time NG fan and believe me when I say there is no such thing as a too hard Ninja Gaiden game. It can't get hard enough. Some games are hard because of annoying glitches and such or just too hard enemies. But Ninja Gaiden has always found the balance. It's difficulty is 'pure'. Every guy can technically beat the game. They just have to invest time into it. And it's not like one part of the game is so hard you can only get passed it with luck. Once you pass a section once or twice, you can handle yourself the third time as well.

Any Ninja Gaiden player here knows what I mean. Alma for example. We all thought the same thing: 'damn'. But let's face it here, which one of us NG players can't get passed her on one try now? That's right, we all can. Because we know how to handle and we have the 'skills' to do so which we lacked the first time we encounted her. And it seems to me that this reviewer right here is lacking exactly that.

Plus, the IGN review gave it a 8.7 and if you read the review, you can see the reviewer is more positive about it. Just some things like camera are issues, but they are less so then the previous game he said. So, no worries here. The content of the review means more to me then the grade. IGN basically stated it improved on the first game in every way except story. The camera still isn't perfect but it's better then the first. So I'm happy as hell. Can't wait for the demo.

agreed again:P

updated the OP btw with all reviews so far;)

Avatar image for Keitarourashima
Keitarourashima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Keitarourashima
Member since 2004 • 1422 Posts
I think I'll wait for the gametrailers review, they've always done right by me.
Ayessua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Ayessua
Oh, one more thing. That gamesradar guy said the graphics looked last gen. While the IGN reviewer states Team Ninja has done it again and made a graphically stunning game. He said you actually would stop the action to take in the scenery (if you could). So I hereby (un)officially declear gamesradar's review as uncredible.
gamming_master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 gamming_master
Member since 2008 • 41 Posts

So guys is the game any good??

Ayessua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Ayessua

So guys is the game any good??

gamming_master

Technically we can't say, because none of us have played it yet. But since it's gameplay is even better then the first, and some of us still play the first because it's so damn good; yeah, it really is.

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

I've never met anyone good at ninja gaiden that complains about it, cause this is the one game where you can't blame anything but your own skill if you fail. The blocking system and the counter attacks along with the regular attacks and combos, you should virtually be able to finish a fight without a scratch, if you've got those cat reflexes. I can finish ninja gaiden 1 without dying once, so I really doubt that this guy knows anything about "Mastering the combat system" since clearly he hasn't.Keitarourashima

I made it to chapter 10 without dying once, in under 3 hours last tiem i played it (from teh start) and i think its one of the most funnest and hardest games all in one. Of course by tiem i beat it I had died 3 times, but my first play thguoh on the game i died hundreds of times... this one i very much look forward too.

Trickshot771

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Trickshot771
Member since 2005 • 12686 Posts
Can't wait until June 3rd.
Avatar image for ItalianHammerUS
ItalianHammerUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ItalianHammerUS
Member since 2008 • 266 Posts

thats what they get for not improving anything except the combat i guess. imagine if ninja gaiden combat + god of war everything elseNaiKoN9293

The scores are not bad at all except for GR whom i have never read before.

If it is more of Ninja gaiden i still think it is worth playing even though i do enjoy Gow better

gamer_10001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 gamer_10001
Member since 2006 • 2588 Posts
I played through "very hard" on Black --couldn't beat Master Ninja :( -- Hard was most fun IMO. I found the ghost fish to become "cheap" on very hard (breadking through fireballs and vigoorian flails at the same time), but maybe I just wasn't killing them right.
nahmean187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#22 nahmean187
Member since 2008 • 640 Posts
erik brudvig reviewed ng2 for ign. if hilary goldstein had reviewed it it woulda gotten a 9.0+
Avatar image for deactivated-5f89ab8e63049
deactivated-5f89ab8e63049

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-5f89ab8e63049
Member since 2007 • 3182 Posts
If you're trying to collect all the reviews - Eurogamer gave it a 7. Apparently it's moved away from being hard to just taking cheap shots at you.
Ayessua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Ayessua

If you're trying to collect all the reviews - Eurogamer gave it a 7. Apparently it's moved away from being hard to just taking cheap shots at you.SpigleyMcCheese

IGN > Eurogamer. And IGN doesn't mention it.

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 killerfist

If you're trying to collect all the reviews - Eurogamer gave it a 7. Apparently it's moved away from being hard to just taking cheap shots at you.SpigleyMcCheese

added

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts
i dont care for reviews its must have collection game for me
bioshock91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 bioshock91
Member since 2007 • 611 Posts

They should stop comlaining about the difficulty, im not denying that the first game was incredibly hard, which it was, but i liked it , i like being challenged in a video game so what if its hard stop whining about it. mabey team ninja should put "WARNING THIS GAME IS HARD" In real big letters on the cover. :D

Cant wait for Ninja Gaiden 2

ericbrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ericbrown
Member since 2003 • 445 Posts
[QUOTE="killerfist"]

Link

thoughts?

Soda-Jack
Gamesradar is the Mother site of N4G. N4G and Gamesradar are the equivalent of a grocery store tabloid. Webhits are the only thing these people care about.

GAMESRADAR is one of the most original sites on the web!! You are so clueless so please keep your haterade comments to yourself
terdoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#29 terdoo
Member since 2006 • 5306 Posts

Nija gaiden 2 looks at least a 8.5 to me.

terdoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#30 terdoo
Member since 2006 • 5306 Posts
[QUOTE="Soda-Jack"][QUOTE="killerfist"]

Link

thoughts?

ericbrown

GAMESRADAR is one of the most original sites on the web!! You are so clueless so please keep your haterade comments to yourself

games radar has like the worst baised reviews on the web lol.

Ayessua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Ayessua
[QUOTE="Soda-Jack"][QUOTE="killerfist"]

Link

thoughts?

ericbrown

Original as in what? Nicely thought out lay-out and such...? Or are you actually saying the site is credible?

ArsenicA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ArsenicA
Member since 2007 • 1446 Posts

thats what they get for not improving anything except the combat i guess. imagine if ninja gaiden combat + god of war everything elseNaiKoN9293

well GTAIV doesnt improve anything at all... all it does is make look LC prettier and it got a 10. now thats wut i call Hipocritical BS

naruto7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 naruto7777
Member since 2007 • 8059 Posts
good reviews
killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 killerfist

new review by Gamedaily

another 9/10

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 killerfist

[QUOTE="NaiKoN9293"]thats what they get for not improving anything except the combat i guess. imagine if ninja gaiden combat + god of war everything elseArsenicA

well GTAIV doesnt improve anything at all... all it does is make look LC prettier and it got a 10. now thats wut i call Hipocritical BS

I agree. GTAIV is a great game no doubt, but why would IGN give the game a 10 and NG2 a 8.7?..

I don't believe in those conspiracies, but still..:P

Fhiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#36 Fhiz
Member since 2004 • 7718 Posts
Reviews are pointless to me. Plays like Ninja Gaiden, blood, gore, badassery. I'm sold.
killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 killerfist

Reviews are pointless to me. Plays like Ninja Gaiden, blood, gore, badassery. I'm sold.FlawlessSeasons

yeah same here. Im getting it no matter what

x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#38 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts

The main problems they have seem to be the camera and the difficulty. They were the main problems people had with the first when they didn't invest enough time in it.

Most of the time, when someones played the first and didn't like it, they say "I tried it but it was too hard so I stopped playing". It's true what another poster said. Everyone who's good at Ninja Gaiden, likes Ninja Gaiden. The only way you get good at it is to invest time in it.

paulokoenigkam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#39 paulokoenigkam
Member since 2005 • 3930 Posts

Count me in, I haven't played the xbox or ps3 ninja gaiden games, but I'm crazy about this game.

As long as the game doesn't glitch a lot, I'll love it.

and I hope it's hard =)

I hate all the whining about saying a game sucks just because it's hard >_>

Ayessua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Ayessua

Count me in, I haven't played the xbox or ps3 ninja gaiden games, but I'm crazy about this game.

and I hope it's hard =)

paulokoenigkam

You didn't play the original? Or Black or Sigma? Well, your take on it is the right one but I'm positive you'll say something else when you play it for your first few hours. Just remember when you play it that if you die, no matter how impossible it looked, it can be done even without taking any damage or using any elixirs. And on an important note: that previous sentence is the case for anyone. You don't have to be a God to clear Ninja Gaiden on it's harder difficulty settings. You just have to become one.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
dont care..still picking it up.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
I find it hard to believe that the graphics are "last-gen" or just plain average. Judging from the trailers, it looks better than Ninja Gaiden Sigma. From personal experience, Ninja Gaiden Sigma looks pretty sweet so I could imagine Ninja Gaiden 2 looking even sweeter. This, coming from a graphics nerd.
totaldj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 totaldj
Member since 2004 • 3556 Posts

the only thing i trust is gamerankings after a couple of days when the game releases... because it gives the average score ratio...which i believe is what matters...

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 killerfist
[QUOTE="paulokoenigkam"]

and I hope it's hard =)

Ayessua

You didn't play the original? Or Black or Sigma? Well, your take on it is the right one but I'm positive you'll say something else when you play it for your first few hours. Just remember when you play it that if you die, no matter how impossible it looked, it can be done even without taking any damage or using any elixirs. And on an important note: that previous sentence is the case for anyone. You don't have to be a God to clear Ninja Gaiden on it's harder difficulty settings. You just have to become one.

well said:P

It'll take some serious detication for beating it on master ninja though (talking about NG: Black). It took me nearly 6 months on and off. Some parts, mostly the bosses, are a pain in the arse on MN. And for anyone that hasnt played Ninja gaiden Black yet: the game is HIGHLY recommended. Its that good.

morpheusnj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 morpheusnj
Member since 2004 • 1943 Posts

I have a really important question if you guys could help me out here. I can only get one game. would you guys reccommend GTA4 or NG2? yes I realize that NG2 hasnt even come out yet but based on your experiene w/ GTA4 and w/ past NG2 games what would you guys say?

thanks

Shanol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Shanol
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

Too many puss1es now days, harden up the game's difficult everyone knows that. you can't expect to be spoon fed everything

ppl need a challenge, this is a game that genuinely needs skill and isnt hard just cause it's got some sort of messed up mechanics. u actually feel good when u manage to finish the whole game

if you can't beat it then stick to games that a 5year old can finish =)

personally i dont care much for the reviews either cause i'll like it either way. pretty much getting a 360 just for it!

paulokoenigkam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 paulokoenigkam
Member since 2005 • 3930 Posts
[QUOTE="Ayessua"][QUOTE="paulokoenigkam"]

and I hope it's hard =)

killerfist

well said:P

It'll take some serious detication for beating it on master ninja though (talking about NG: Black). It took me nearly 6 months on and off. Some parts, mostly the bosses, are a pain in the arse on MN. And for anyone that hasnt played Ninja gaiden Black yet: the game is HIGHLY recommended. Its that good.

I'm looking foward to that ninja mastering, seriosly =p.

I know these are completly different games, but they are pretty hard too, specialy in their last dificulty level... I managed to S rank all Devil may cry(and SS in DMC3) games in every dificulty level, and finish God of War, Gears of War, and Halo 3 on the hardest difficulty level without any of the "throwing controller against the wall" feeling :P, except for RAAM on insane xD! gave me a little trouble :p (yeah, Halo 3 and GeoW on single player >_>)

(I do feel like throwing my controler against the wall sometimes in COD4 :P "trying to get Mile High Club achievement)

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 killerfist

I have a really important question if you guys could help me out here. I can only get one game. would you guys reccommend GTA4 or NG2? yes I realize that NG2 hasnt even come out yet but based on your experiene w/ GTA4 and w/ past NG2 games what would you guys say?

thanks

morpheusnj

I don't know man. both are very different from each other. I'd say NG2 but I'm a Ninja gaiden fan so my opinion is very biased lol

GTA will keep you satisfied for hours though. It takes around 20hrs on average to complete the storymode. All I can say is that GTA became boring fast after I beat the storymode. Try asking in the recommendation thread;)

SaintJotun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 SaintJotun
Member since 2008 • 176 Posts

Reviewers should stop whining about difficulty. Maybe mention it, but don't detract from the score.

Besides, NG wasn't that hard IMO.

ZimpanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#50 ZimpanX
Member since 2005 • 12636 Posts

Reviewers should stop whining about difficulty. Maybe mention it, but don't detract from the score.SaintJotun

Exactly the difficulty is a part of the game that makes NG what it is.