Ninja Gaiden 2 freezing on chapter 2.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Patriot298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Patriot298
Member since 2006 • 1187 Posts

There no scrtaches or smudges it's brand new. It freezes when I try to go into the door to fight the last boss on chapter 2. Anyone else have this issue? :x

phoenixrebirth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#2 phoenixrebirth
Member since 2006 • 899 Posts
Im getting the issue on chpter 3's boss. Same as you. No scratches and its a brand new disc.
Patriot298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Patriot298

Im getting the issue on chpter 3's boss. Same as you. No scratches and its a brand new disc. phoenixrebirth

I'm getting really upset over this. I was having a great time! Tecmo needs to patch this game.

karriston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 karriston
Member since 2005 • 3631 Posts
You'll encounter many more glitches, don't worry. The big metal worm-like boss in one of the early chapters was extremely glitched for me. For starters, it flew into the wall and was stuck there for about 1 minute, after which it somehow morphed through the wall, and continued to fly into nothingness with the camera following it. Meh, back to DMC4 for me.
goskateboard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 goskateboard
Member since 2005 • 202 Posts
WTF im on this forum and my game froze just now right after ch. 5 boss. What a coinkydink!
gaeren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 195

#6 gaeren
Member since 2003 • 1639 Posts
i had mine glitch on ch2, before you jump down the fiery hole into the temple. it froze momentarily, i opened and closed the blades and the set of enemies (two claw ninjas and a purple floaty ninja) just started repeatedly spawning....about every ten seconds i'd guess. the good news is i garnered about 50,000 gold orbs in twenty minutes time. the bad news is the glitch caused me to not be able to jump down into the temple when i was ready. i had to reload the game to finally move.
x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#7 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts
It froze on me while I was entering the third test of valor. Luckily for me I'd just saved my game. I restarted the game, done the test of valor and finished chapter 5 without any other problems. Hoping it doesn't happen again.
nahmean187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 nahmean187
Member since 2008 • 640 Posts
aite this is gonna sound stupid but where are the tests of valor? i just defeated volf and i dont think ive done a tov yet.
Talldude80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#9 Talldude80
Member since 2003 • 6321 Posts
damn, i'm totally going to RENT this game first. and if it has glitches all day, then i for sure wont buy it. have they never heard of game testing or quality control????
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#11 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Never happend with my copy or my best friends copy.

My guess is that its a problem with your 360's lense or disk drive. When mine messed up thats exactly what it did... would only play a few of my games, and freeeze on some. Then after awhile it would only play xbox 1 games...

Patriot298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Patriot298

Well I cleared the cache and got chapter 2 working. However I have to clear the cache before each chapter so it don't freeze. To clear the cache simply go to the system blade, high light memory then push the Y button. Then hit XX LB, RB, XX. This will fix it but be prepared to do it over and over. Nah It's not my 360 or the drive. Every other game plays fine without any issues. I think there a certain amount of the NG 2 disc's that are possibly defective. Two many people are having the same issues.

x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 x-2tha-z

Well I cleared the cache and got chapter 2 working. However I have to clear the cache before each chapter so it don't freeze. To clear the cache simply go to the system blade, high light memory then push the Y button. Then hit XX LB, RB, XX. This will fix it but be prepared to do it over and over. Nah It's not my 360 or the drive. Every other game plays fine without any issues. I think there a certain amount of the NG 2 disc's that are possibly defective. Two many people are having the same issues.

Patriot298

If you have to clear the cache every time I'd say it's a problem with your hard drive, 360 or maybe the save file. I haven't heard of anyone else having to clear the cache before every chapter.

x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 x-2tha-z

damn, i'm totally going to RENT this game first. and if it has glitches all day, then i for sure wont buy it. have they never heard of game testing or quality control????Talldude80

Oh, here we go. Typical internet BS. Some people report a game freezing and all of a sudden it "has glitches all day" and they haven't play-tested. It all gets blown out of proportion.

Consoles freeze every now and then. It could just be a coincidence that it froze while NG2 was running or NG2 could be the direct cause. Unless you have a debug unit it might be hard to know for sure. Personally, I haven't encountered any glitches or bugs except for one freeze. I didn't clear the cache after it froze. I simply restarted the 360 and carried on playing. No problems since.

Games have bugs and glitches. Just because they happen to one person it doesn't mean it will happen to you. Like I said, I've only had one freeze, no other problems.

firemaster107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 firemaster107
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
ya mine keeps freezeing right after the 2 fire creaters that you fight in chapter 12 it starts the cut sceane then about 5 secs in to it it just stops and wont go any farther and there is no scratces on my disc so i cant even go any farther i have tried it about 10 times and stell nothing has changed
firemaster107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 firemaster107
and i know its not my xbox seeing as how i just got it back from microsoft because my old one had the red ring
Fear123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Fear123456
Member since 2004 • 108 Posts
Same problem at the end of chapter 12 for me. I start ch 13 and during the cut scene a white screen comes up and my controller wont stop vibrating. My disc is not even 1 week old. I did download the patch yesterday, I think that it somethin to do with that.
sunafar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 sunafar
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

its the most recent update... played through fine on first difficulty. once i dl'ed the new update i couldnt get past the next cinematic.

swapped the disc with a new one, same thing. went to a friends house and tried it without dling the update and it worked, so for kicks we restarted the system, dl'ed the update and sure enough; it wont go past it again.

spceder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 spceder
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
I had my game saved at the last boss- infront of the big black door. I thought I would finish the games today- went and accepted the update- went through the door- killed the enemies in the tube- and the games cuts to a black screen where my controller won't stop vibrating. Um..... I think we deserve a patch!
WatcherOfGames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 WatcherOfGames
My friend is having the same problem in the same spot, as soon as he defeats those 2 fire dinos (sorry not game literate) in Ch 12 and goes down the path it freezes, He's restarted it several times and it has done the same thing in the same spot. He hasn't had any problems with any of the other games he plays either just this one, and the disk he has is new. I'm gonna get him to try clearing out the cache and see if that helps.
Aurey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Aurey
Member since 2004 • 520 Posts
Yeah, it's all because of the last update. My first playthrough was alright, but on the second time I was trying to beat the game it froze at the begining of chapter 13. I had to clear the cache and the game worked fine, but then I downloaded the update again and it happened the same. I hope the guys at Team Ninja are working on something to fix this, it's annoying to have to disconnect from Live everytime I want to play NGII.
Working_Stiff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Working_Stiff
Member since 2004 • 2253 Posts

My friend is having the same problem in the same spot, as soon as he defeats those 2 fire dinos (sorry not game literate) in Ch 12 and goes down the path it freezes, He's restarted it several times and it has done the same thing in the same spot. He hasn't had any problems with any of the other games he plays either just this one, and the disk he has is new. I'm gonna get him to try clearing out the cache and see if that helps.WatcherOfGames

I actually just got on to GS now to see if other people were having this problem too. my game froze at the exact same spot (it appears that others are having the same problem). Before the most recent patch, my game would freeze occasionally, but it was never in the same spot twice. It has happened to me 4 times at the spot in chp12 since the patch. After the second time it froze, I saved at the nearby checkpoint after I beat the armadillos and so I wouldn't have to keep fighting them. Since it seems to be widespread and it appears to be related to the update, they will hopefully fix it soon.

sunafar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 sunafar
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
just clear your cache to get rid of the update and you can continue. you wont be able to upload any karma scores though.
Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Mau-Justice
Member since 2008 • 4907 Posts

I'm on my third playthrough...

The only thing I experienced was freezing while scrolling through the leaderboards. But even that only happened twice.

EA_GUY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26 EA_GUY
Member since 2006 • 1280 Posts
this game need a patch there are tons of problems.
Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

Mine froze near chapter 2 boss, but i restarted, and beat the rest of the game with no more freezing...

snakeman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28 snakeman3000
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
My game froze during the cut scene right after the battle between the two fire armadillos during chapter 12. no matter what i do to fix it, it all always freezes.