This topic is locked from further discussion.

IAmDazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 IAmDazzle
Member since 2007 • 600 Posts

So am I the only person who just doesn't have an interest in Ninja Blade? I just feel like it is one of those games where someone has already done it better, and that it is just a cash-in because they know some DMC or NG fan is going to eat it up. Thoughts?

impl0sion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 impl0sion
Member since 2006 • 851 Posts
I'm not a fan of quick time events.
thebaronmoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 thebaronmoo
Member since 2007 • 246 Posts

the game is at least half quicktime events.

Aaron89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Aaron89
Member since 2003 • 3377 Posts

While the QTEs were interesting, it was lame that it would simply "rewind" and you start the sequence over. It should have an actual negative effect -- like in the days of Shenmue. :P

Plus, the gameplay was boring and the story seems pretty dumb.

IAmDazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 IAmDazzle

While the QTEs were interesting, it was lame that it would simply "rewind" and you start the sequence over. It should have an actual negative effect -- like in the days of Shenmue. :P

Aaron89
It was developed by the Japanese, don't expect a coherent or decent story.
ceells87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 ceells87
Member since 2007 • 386 Posts
[QUOTE="IAmDazzle"][QUOTE="Aaron89"]

cause the japanese dont know how to write a good story right? Oh wait, theres the entire Final Fantasy series, and not to mention the games your little icon boy is in. Oh ya those were praise for everything BUT a story
a55a55inx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#7 a55a55inx
Member since 2004 • 4188 Posts

I don't like the game.... actually, many people don't like it, but there are a select few who enjoy it... I couldn't get into the game. It felt like a slower version of NG...

zombiejonny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 zombiejonny
Member since 2003 • 8277 Posts

i loved the demo, i just bought the game today but i didnt open it yet.

RandolphScott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#9 RandolphScott
Member since 2008 • 635 Posts

Aaron89
Actually, quite a few Shenmue QTEs would simply restart quickly if you failed.
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I thought the demo was pretty cool, but I guess I can't judge it fully. I want the game, but I'm going to wait for a sale or price drop before I buy it.

delta4062

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 delta4062
Member since 2007 • 895 Posts
Your little Bla-Lame was LAME Did anyone honestly expect Ninja Blade to be ANY good?
Stashbash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Stashbash
Member since 2008 • 479 Posts

From what I played of the demo it was terrilbe, although that was only the demo. I don't understand why anyone would spend more money on this, rather than buying Ninja Gaiden 2 a whole lot cheaper pre-owned. Saw a whole stack of Ninja Blade in the pre-owned section of game yesterday, still trying to sell it off at £30.

NOD_Grindking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 NOD_Grindking
Member since 2004 • 2778 Posts
[QUOTE="ceells87"][QUOTE="IAmDazzle"][QUOTE="Aaron89"]

cause the japanese dont know how to write a good story right? Oh wait, theres the entire Final Fantasy series, and not to mention the games your little icon boy is in. Oh ya those were praise for everything BUT a story

lol. I agree, that was one of the most falacious comments I have ever heard...
Aaron89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Aaron89
Member since 2003 • 3377 Posts

Actually, quite a few Shenmue QTEs would simply restart quickly if you failed.RandolphScott

It was my Brother that played it mostly on the Dreamcast, but I still loved the game nonetheless. I always remember the kids and the soccer ball ... hehe.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#15 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
I saw the trailer today and it made me want to stay as far away as possible from this game.
Pdiddy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Pdiddy105
Member since 2007 • 4577 Posts

Its hard to believe GS gave this a 7.5 and then shortly after gave Godfather 2 a 4.5

If anything the scores should have been swapped.

Avatar image for Morning_Revival
Morning_Revival

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Morning_Revival
Member since 2008 • 3475 Posts
No, I think Ninja Blade looks horrible.
EnderSR388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 EnderSR388
Member since 2004 • 6552 Posts
Good news everyone! The only games you need to own/play are: GTA IV, Ninja Gaiden II. :lol: If you feel the NG series is better, then by all means keep playing it! It's not like someones going to take your copy of NG and replace it with Ninja Blade while you're asleep.
rattleheadxyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 rattleheadxyz
Member since 2008 • 677 Posts

Since I found Ninja Gaiden 2 to be nearly unplayable I heartily enjoyed Ninja Blade as a solid alternative. I'll be purchasing it, but not for the full $60.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

I beat it twice and I love the game.

Different strokes for different folks, yo!

Childeater10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21 Childeater10
Member since 2006 • 3027 Posts

Im enjoying it myself. The story isn't to good... but its not the worst. I really like the over the top action the game has. Keeps me coming back for more.

Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts

yeah if your looking for a ninja action game ng2 is the game for you

IAmDazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 IAmDazzle

Did I hit your little fanboy nerve with that one? Seriously. First of all I said both decent or coherent. Lets take Metal Gear. Unless you are a devout fan of the series and have completed all the games, the story is more convoluted than Wal Mart before a hurricane. It is a GOOD story, but not one that is easily understood. Per capita, game stories from Japan are weak, not entertaining, or don't make sense. There are few excepts. Next time you try to act like a tough guy do some mother fudging research.
IAmDazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 IAmDazzle
[QUOTE="ceells87"][QUOTE="IAmDazzle"] It was developed by the Japanese, don't expect a coherent or decent story.NOD_Grindking

Wow... does NO ONE realize that was a joke? Jesus H.
IAmDazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 IAmDazzle
[QUOTE="delta4062"]Your little Bla-Lame was LAME Did anyone honestly expect Ninja Blade to be ANY good?

I don't claim to be the next Richard Pryor or anything.
EnderSR388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 EnderSR388
Member since 2004 • 6552 Posts
[QUOTE="ceells87"][QUOTE="IAmDazzle"] It was developed by the Japanese, don't expect a coherent or decent story.IAmDazzle

Did I hit your little fanboy nerve with that one? Seriously. First of all I said both decent or coherent. Lets take Metal Gear. Unless you are a devout fan of the series and have completed all the games, the story is more convoluted than Wal Mart before a hurricane. It is a GOOD story, but not one that is easily understood. Per capita, game stories from Japan are weak, not entertaining, or don't make sense. There are few excepts. Next time you try to act like a tough guy do some mother fudging research.

Ever consider that most Japanese games reference Japanese culture/society and that the localization process pretty much butchers the meaning or intent of the stories beyond comprehension? I don't think they're bad at writing stories, the rest of us are bad at translating them. :lol:
NOD_Grindking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 NOD_Grindking
[QUOTE="IAmDazzle"][QUOTE="NOD_Grindking"][QUOTE="ceells87"] cause the japanese dont know how to write a good story right? Oh wait, theres the entire Final Fantasy series, and not to mention the games your little icon boy is in. Oh ya those were praise for everything BUT a story

and yet the post above, your defending your comments...then you say its a joke, give it up buddy, you fail miserably... Wow... does NO ONE realize that was a joke? Jesus H.

IAmDazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 IAmDazzle

[QUOTE="IAmDazzle"][QUOTE="NOD_Grindking"] lol. I agree, that was one of the most falacious comments I have ever heard...NOD_Grindking
and yet the post above, your defending your comments...then you say its a joke, give it up buddy, you fail miserably... Wow... does NO ONE realize that was a joke? Jesus H.

Wow well you fail at properly using the quote box. Make sure your avatar gets a cooler gotee. Don't even try insulting me.

I had to explain how that statement could be said by someone who enjoy Japanese games. Just because some 12 year old kid doesn't understand anything doesn't mean I am trying to contradict myself. I wanted it to be a joke but apparently everyone is too busy pushing their ego trips on everyone through the internet. Go enjoy your fail.

chugachea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 chugachea
Member since 2008 • 736 Posts

I played the demo and didnt like it at all, and i was extremely turned off to the game from the start because Ninja Gaiden 2 was one of the most frustrating games i think i've ever played.

NOD_Grindking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 NOD_Grindking

[QUOTE="NOD_Grindking"][QUOTE="IAmDazzle"] and yet the post above, your defending your comments...then you say its a joke, give it up buddy, you fail miserably... Wow... does NO ONE realize that was a joke? Jesus H.IAmDazzle

Wow well you fail at properly using the quote box. Make sure your avatar gets a cooler gotee. Don't even try insulting me.

I had to explain how that statement could be said by someone who enjoy Japanese games. Just because some 12 year old kid doesn't understand anything doesn't mean I am trying to contradict myself. I wanted it to be a joke but apparently everyone is too busy pushing their ego trips on everyone through the internet. Go enjoy your fail.

Oh your hillarious, yes I admit, I fail because I missed a quote box....lol thats funny.

I hope your not referring to me as a 12 year old, because I could always scan my license, my marriage certificate, and my daughters birth certificate if you need more convincing.

But this childish arguing is beside the point...

The real point is that you WEREN'T joking....you made a serious comment, without any hint at sarcasm or humor, and then when everyone called you on it, you tried to backpedal and reverse your story...

ceells87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ceells87

[QUOTE="ceells87"][QUOTE="IAmDazzle"] It was developed by the Japanese, don't expect a coherent or decent story.IAmDazzle

what little fanboy point did you hit exactly. I wasnt defending Ninja Blade or any game in particular. I merely gave two examples of Japanese writing in games that have been praised for years. And yes you did say decent or coherent. Decent meaning good which they are and coherent meaning easy to understand. now im sorry Metal Gear is too hard of a story for you to understand without playing the previous games in the series. then again that might be a smart thing for people to do to understand a story right? And per capita Japanese games have sold more, made more, and created more than any US game developers. Also dont try and make your stupid, ignorant, and rediculous statement as a joke when eveyrone cals you on it. You werent joking in the least and no one believes you were. You werent being funny, sarcastic, or anything other than a bigot. So dont get all tough on me or anyone else cause you thought people would agree with you and when they didnt you ego got shot to hell. And when it comes to innovation, take a look at everything coming out of every media stream these days around the world. nothing is new or original and everything borrows from something else. At least they can take the same stories, twist them just a little, and yet they still come out better than the half ass attempts at what we get made locally

Avatar image for death_by_kungfu
death_by_kungfu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#34 death_by_kungfu
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Im enjoying it myself. The story isn't to good... but its not the worst. I really like the over the top action the game has. Keeps me coming back for more.

Childeater10

I agree with you, the action is just awesome and entertaining, but the story is...eh but definately not the worst. I actually like QTE's but i do agree with the person who thinks it should of had a negative effect when you miss a QTE rather than rewinding.I think it was pretty predictable that the people who are use to NG II will hate this game because NG is damn hard and theyexpected another NG game; nothing new.But it's a good alternative to the more casual players.These people are being way over dramatic with the ratings, saying it should be 4.5 (or lower) or something just cuz it's not exactly like NG. I haven't experienced any glitches in my game, and i am thuroughly enjoying this game,and i stick by my guns when i say its a solid game. end of story.

IAmDazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 IAmDazzle

[QUOTE="IAmDazzle"]

[QUOTE="NOD_Grindking"]NOD_Grindking

Oh your hillarious, yes I admit, I fail because I missed a quote box....lol thats funny.

I hope your not referring to me as a 12 year old, because I could always scan my license, my marriage certificate, and my daughters birth certificate if you need more convincing.

The real point is that you WEREN'T joking....you made a serious comment, without any hint at sarcasm or humor, and then when everyone called you on it, you tried to backpedal and reverse your story...

You know what, I said a lot to say a little. Let me just clear this up now.

I am being told that I am being a certain way be people over the internet who have NO WAY of telling how I feel or what I think or I what I was trying to do. Someone who tries to argue their age (who I wasn't even talking about in the first place) but acts like a child has no grounds at all. You posted here for no reason initially but to act like you were king, and you aren't. I worry for your daughter and your wife, I really do. Don't use them as an excuse to be a jerk. The other person can't even properly utilize the English language, and took something that was meant to be a joke directed at SOMEONE ELSE for humorous reasons, though they may have contained truth, and made it an argument because he is a child. You want to start unessecary arguments go ahead, but don't file complaints against someone when they don't bow down to your ego.

NOD_Grindking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 NOD_Grindking

[QUOTE="NOD_Grindking"]

[QUOTE="IAmDazzle"]

IAmDazzle

I am being told that I am being a certain way be people over the internet who have NO WAY of telling how I feel or what I think or I what I was trying to do. Someone who tries to argue their age (who I wasn't even talking about in the first place) but acts like a child has no grounds at all. You posted here for no reason initially but to act like you were king, and you aren't. I worry for your daughter and your wife, I really do. Don't use them as an excuse to be a jerk. The other person can't even properly utilize the English language, and took something that was meant to be a joke directed at SOMEONE ELSE for humorous reasons, though they may have contained truth, and made it an argument because he is a child. You want to start unessecary arguments go ahead, but don't file complaints against someone when they don't bow down to your ego.

The fact that you would take the time to methodically write something like this, while saying you "worry for my daughter and wife" is really quite sad. This is a game forum, not a court room. thanks for the laugh though :) First positive thing that has come out of this thread...

IAmDazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 IAmDazzle

[QUOTE="IAmDazzle"]

[QUOTE="NOD_Grindking"] Oh your hillarious, yes I admit, I fail because I missed a quote box....lol thats funny.

NOD_Grindking

The fact that you would take the time to methodically write something like this, while saying you "worry for my daughter and wife" is really quite sad. This is a game forum, not a court room. thanks for the laugh though :) First positive thing that has come out of this thread...

I'm sad? But you seem to be right behind me every time I post.... yeah... how often do you get out? Seriously, you keep trying to insult me and it just doesn't really make sense.

You posted in a thread for nothing more than to pretend you are better than someone. You never once posted your thoughts about the topic at hand, you just thought it'd be nice to be a part of the public execution so to speak. That is more sad than anything, that you would just want to post to make fun of someone. I have the time because I am at work and it is slow and I have nothing better to do, that why I take the time. How about you pretend you're awesome, and i'll know everything you say contradicts itself, and we will be happy in our little democracy.

Can someone just lock this thing?

ufcfan1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ufcfan1987
Member since 2009 • 386 Posts

[QUOTE="NOD_Grindking"]

[QUOTE="IAmDazzle"]

IAmDazzle

I'm sad? But you seem to be right behind me every time I post.... yeah... how often do you get out? Seriously, you keep trying to insult me and it just doesn't really make sense.

You posted in a thread for nothing more than to pretend you are better than someone. You never once posted your thoughts about the topic at hand, you just thought it'd be nice to be a part of the public execution so to speak. That is more sad than anything, that you would just want to post to make fun of someone. I have the time because I am at work and it is slow and I have nothing better to do, that why I take the time. How about you pretend you're awesome, and i'll know everything you say contradicts itself, and we will be happy in our little democracy.

Can someone just lock this thing?

You did bring up age though. You mentioned something about a12 year old kid, maybe he took that as if it was directed towards him. My thoughts on the game is that while not being the greatest, its decent.

NOD_Grindking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 NOD_Grindking
LOL. Ok I'm not even going to respond to you anymore, because the TC is just getting silly....talking about Democracy in an Xbox 360 forum, now I've seen everything. Go watch C-SPAN Back on Topic: I haven't gotten a chance to actually play the full version of the game, but it looks like a rent to me. Its not so much that its a rip off of Ninja Gaiden, because frankly if it was even similar, it would excite me, its just that a few things threw me off of the demo. The QTE events, personally, pulled me away from the story, and I really didn't like the 1-2 second pause between live action and cut scene, kind of brings you out of the experience...
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts
Did I hit your little fanboy nerve with that one? Seriously. First of all I said both decent or coherent. Lets take Metal Gear. Unless you are a devout fan of the series and have completed all the games, the story is more convoluted than Wal Mart before a hurricane. It is a GOOD story, but not one that is easily understood. Per capita, game stories from Japan are weak, not entertaining, or don't make sense. There are few excepts. Next time you try to act like a tough guy do some mother fudging research.IAmDazzle
lol uh, duh. Thats like reading a book, but skipping the beginning and the end and only reading the middle. Of course your not going to be able to comprehend the story, you have to read the whole thing. What you said makes no sense, it doesn't take a fanboy to see that my friend. I mean its not like Western devs are much better with the machismo fest stories they usually come up with. Story is all about ability it has nothing to do with nationality, I can name good game stories that come from Japanese developers, American developers, French developers, UK developers and I can name bad ones that come from each.
NOD_Grindking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 NOD_Grindking
[QUOTE="magicalclick"] I actually think PoP has QTE also, but it is more like you can see the button pressing long before. I think I would prefer PoP kind of button pressing. It feel more natrual.

Ya I've actually never played the new POP but I understand the type of QTE's that your talking about. I was going to pick it up, but then got side tracked with work (teaching). Once the summer hits, I will have some time off so I think I might check it out along with Fallout 3, which I've been waiting to get into as well...
mohfrontline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#43 mohfrontline
Member since 2007 • 5678 Posts

he might have been jokin you know
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts
Well PoP has QTE's in the battles only, and the battlles are second tier to the platforming which makes up the bulk of the game. Ninja Blade is like half QTE's, you have to love QTE's to play and enjoy that much of it. I only enjoy them in smaller doses
ceells87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ceells87
[QUOTE="ceells87"][QUOTE="IAmDazzle"] It was developed by the Japanese, don't expect a coherent or decent story.mohfrontline

well considering he was talking about the story for Ninja Blade and how bad it was and that was themeaning of him creating this topic. Thats how I know and everyone else knew he wasnt joking
NOD_Grindking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 NOD_Grindking
[QUOTE="mohfrontline"][QUOTE="ceells87"] cause the japanese dont know how to write a good story right? Oh wait, theres the entire Final Fantasy series, and not to mention the games your little icon boy is in. Oh ya those were praise for everything BUT a storyceells87

well considering he was talking about the story for Ninja Blade and how bad it was and that was themeaning of him creating this topic. Thats how I know and everyone else knew he wasnt joking

Bingo Bango Bongooooooo