New xbox360 dashboard and avatars...good or bad?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Aesthetic816

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Aesthetic816
Member since 2008 • 86 Posts
I read in the game informer magazine that the new avatars that we are going to have for our xbox360 dashboards wont be able to hold weapons ... i understand cause a lot of kids play xbox360 but it would of been really cool having a little army guy as an avatar or a guy holding an rpg or something .. or sitting in a tank lol...oh well im really looking forward to seeing the new menu ... looks pretty cool but kinda plain from the picture i saw...its just a couple of cubes that have all the stuff on them like freinds and messages and all that...but i cant say anything cause we havent seen the final finish of it.
Bonadooch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Bonadooch
Member since 2008 • 159 Posts
i think its stupid they should scrap everything and just give us group chat
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#3 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

And longer recorded messages. The 15-second messages or whatever are way too short.

I still wish you can dress up cool gear from video games. Like if you earn an achievement from Gears of War 2, you get Marcus Fenix's bandana, or something like that. I'm more than sure a ton of people will love to see that happen.

KGB32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 KGB32
Member since 2007 • 4279 Posts
since the update is free, it can only be good
Avatar image for deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
deactivated-57af49c27f4e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#5 deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
Member since 2005 • 14149 Posts
my thoughts are that if the 360 chugs along slowly the way it does right now in this bare bones dashboard, how bad will it perform with the new update?
jblazesolid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jblazesolid
Member since 2008 • 177 Posts
i heard somewhere where if u dont like it u can use the original dashboard .... whens this gonna happen tho?
sulfur_lips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 sulfur_lips
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I heard that you can choose between the new dashboard and the old one, that way everyone would be happy.
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

my thoughts are that if the 360 chugs along slowly the way it does right now in this bare bones dashboard, how bad will it perform with the new update?paullywog

chugs along slowly? never happened to me, ive found it runs smoothly

Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts

New dashboard is whatever to me. Avatars are whatever to me. I'm curious about what new MP4 support they will have. I'm hoping they will eventually allow multiple audio tracks, subtitles and 5.1 aac audio.

[QUOTE="paullywog"]my thoughts are that if the 360 chugs along slowly the way it does right now in this bare bones dashboard, how bad will it perform with the new update?chaoscougar1

Mine chugs if I pull it up while playing a game. This one game that I play is online and you have to wait for it to find matches. If I have the dashboard up while its searching for a game (the ideal time to change music since theres nothing going on), theres like a 20% chance of a system freeze.

If i'm not playing a game, it moves at rocket speed though.

NOD_Grindking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 NOD_Grindking
Member since 2004 • 2778 Posts
I like the new look, but not the avatars are still a bit iffy with me!
Avatar image for final_sephiroth
final_sephiroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 final_sephiroth
Member since 2003 • 2596 Posts

[QUOTE="paullywog"]my thoughts are that if the 360 chugs along slowly the way it does right now in this bare bones dashboard, how bad will it perform with the new update?chaoscougar1

i agree, compared to ps cross interface i think its still better

bentobox3709

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 bentobox3709
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Its better then the Miis. :/
Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 Palantas
Member since 2002 • 15329 Posts

I'm annoyed that they're making these things all cute and cuddly. It would be much cooler if you could choose from actual game character models.

I don't want an anime version of Master Chief! I want the real ****ing Master Chief!

I heard that you can choose between the new dashboard and the old one, that way everyone would be happy.

sulfur_lips

Yeah, that'd be fine, I guess. As it is, I'm just going to stick to my picture of Doomguy.

starfox2468

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 starfox2468
Member since 2006 • 2782 Posts
hopefully they do what elann and TC eventually and have armors,ect. that you can unlock.maybe if you beat an achievement on gutiar hero,you can hold a plastic guitar :P,or some stuff like that be great.they wont do guns cause kids : /.maybe though,who knows.holding items and clothes from game characters are a MUST add
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#15 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

New dashboard is whatever to me. Avatars are whatever to me. I'm curious about what new MP4 support they will have. I'm hoping they will eventually allow multiple audio tracks, subtitles and 5.1 aac audio.

[QUOTE="chaoscougar1"]

[QUOTE="paullywog"]my thoughts are that if the 360 chugs along slowly the way it does right now in this bare bones dashboard, how bad will it perform with the new update?Senor_Kami

Mine chugs if I pull it up while playing a game. This one game that I play is online and you have to wait for it to find matches. If I have the dashboard up while its searching for a game (the ideal time to change music since theres nothing going on), theres like a 20% chance of a system freeze.

If i'm not playing a game, it moves at rocket speed though.

get outa town, when playing online u must wait to find a game? and heres a thought how bout u change the music in the menus before u start a match

ethanpaige

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 ethanpaige
Member since 2005 • 13100 Posts
I think it'll be a good update, a change of scenery is usually good
Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Palantas
Member since 2002 • 15329 Posts

they wont do guns cause kids : /.maybe though,who knows.

starfox2468

If that's true, it's ****ing stupid. That's like, "We're not going to have any more games with guns, because kids might see them." What the ****? ****ing Disney, G-rated movies, have swords, guns, and all manner of violent machinery. Toy companies make toy guns. ****!

EdHeadZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 EdHeadZ
Member since 2008 • 88 Posts

Some people think its bad because they think it copies off the wii's mii feature. I think its a good idea though.

50pepsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 50pepsi
Member since 2006 • 122 Posts
Im looking forward to it,I can fiddle with the avatars when im bored or something,the real prize is installing games to hard drive,So when i play Gears my 360 wont shake my TV anymore :)
caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 caddy
Member since 2005 • 28709 Posts
We have a stickied thread for all this update discussion. :)