new UI- Can we disable system sounds yet?

gatsbythepig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 gatsbythepig
Member since 2003 • 11917 Posts

The xbox one menu noises are just awful. Does the new update solve this issue?

Thanks

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I'm not a fan of the new pretty UI (slower/sluggish) and people are still coming to grips with it so it's going to be hard to tell you how to fix something so new.

We'll have more answers in a few weeks hopefully.

gatsbythepig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 gatsbythepig

It's still a bit rough. I've resigned to pinning the 5 games/apps I actually use and just go straight there.
At least the store has finally been arranged (alphabetically). It's so weird that there aren't better ways to find what you want. The inclusion of the Bing bar just feels like insult to injury.

I've done some checking and I still can't find any way to mute system sounds, which is unfortunate.

Transk53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Transk53
Member since 2015 • 564 Posts

Microsoft talk the talk, but this takes the piss. Mmm, they have been doing that since Vista. Don't like it at all and struggling to see why that bloke on the Xbox channel was pushing so much. Another MS product not actually ready for launch, Yep.

gatsbythepig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 gatsbythepig

@gatsbythepig: Not sure if anyone has found a way to shut off the system sounds yet, I sure haven't. It's awful they haven't addressed this issue. It must be unbelievably easy for them to patch too.

Transk53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 Transk53
Member since 2015 • 564 Posts

@gatsbythepig said:

@gatsbythepig: Not sure if anyone has found a way to shut off the system sounds yet, I sure haven't. It's awful they haven't addressed this issue. It must be unbelievably easy for them to patch too.

Thinking about it, the only one I can really hear is the really annoying beepy one you get on adds. Well it sounds like it to me when I left thumbstick to sign in. What ones bug you out of curiosity?

gatsbythepig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 gatsbythepig

@transk53: There is a noise for every movement. Move a square, woosh. Press 'a' boing. Press 'b' swash. That's just the regular menu. Going through the apps is even worse, with louder more frequent unnecessary swashes, boings and shooshes.

As a habit I mute the TV before I do ANYTHING with the xbox menu system.