NEW MGS 4 BEING PORTED TO 360 Link inside

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LvL75CaveTroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 LvL75CaveTroll
Member since 2007 • 90 Posts

lol yea ok heres a pic though

http://www.n4g.com/M/8/Comments/164000/164840--1.jpg

BobSacamento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 BobSacamento
Member since 2003 • 4340 Posts
hah thats clever
YourLastDay86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 YourLastDay86
Member since 2004 • 1073 Posts
I don't get it...
Wallace_Green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#5 Wallace_Green
Member since 2006 • 1778 Posts
I don't get it...YourLastDay86
SmoothBrother1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SmoothBrother1
Member since 2003 • 1078 Posts
wow. how clever. You found something real old and made it new again, good for you.
Carbon_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Carbon_
Member since 2006 • 1491 Posts
Good job.
PapaGlide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 PapaGlide
Member since 2007 • 994 Posts
okay..................
LATINKAOS510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 LATINKAOS510
Member since 2004 • 40 Posts
il buy it!!!
bohemian_bob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 bohemian_bob
Member since 2006 • 1297 Posts
If they compressed the game it could easily fit one DVD, maybe 2 at the most. But that's beside the point. This is old and unfunny.
mrarmagedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 mrarmagedon
Member since 2003 • 2345 Posts
Wow I just realized most of the threads on this site are just either stupid unfunny jokes (besides rickroll'd that;s still funny) or just old unuseful news. Like "omg new halo 3 pics!!!" and the screens are just year old pics.
Taijiquan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Taijiquan
Member since 2002 • 7431 Posts

If they compressed the game it could easily fit one DVD, maybe 2 at the most. But that's beside the point. This is old and unfunny.bohemian_bob

No offense but an unscaled and native 1080p resolution with Linear PCM sound would NOT fit on a DVD at all for a game like Metal Gear. Compressing code is not hard. Have 1 core working the compression in the back round while the other cores handle the main task (or just use the hard drive). Problem is, uncompressed is better bar none. Look at any Blu Ray or HD DVD movie with uncompressed sound. This is just an example. I wouldn't expect more then 2 disc. It is already 2 years into the 360 cycle, extremely high storage medium is not necessary at all. There will be some games that simply are stunning (like first Halo) that will push the medium. The same applies for Blu Ray storage capacity. Some games are going to need it.

rabidwolf86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 rabidwolf86
Member since 2004 • 743 Posts
older than the internet.
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts
yawn..... NEXT!!!!!!!
Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#15 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11785 Posts

[QUOTE="bohemian_bob"]If they compressed the game it could easily fit one DVD, maybe 2 at the most. But that's beside the point. This is old and unfunny.Taijiquan

No offense but an unscaled and native 1080p resolution with Linear PCM sound would NOT fit on a DVD at all for a game like Metal Gear. Compressing code is not hard. Have 1 core working the compression in the back round while the other cores handle the main task (or just use the hard drive). Problem is, uncompressed is better bar none. Look at any Blu Ray or HD DVD movie with uncompressed sound. This is just an example. I wouldn't expect more then 2 disc. It is already 2 years into the 360 cycle, extremely high storage medium is not necessary at all. There will be some games that simply are stunning (like first Halo) that will push the medium. The same applies for Blu Ray storage capacity. Some games are going to need it.

being a sound engineer i do have to agree uncompressed is better, but i really dont think it would take 5-6 dvds to do metal gear solid 4, i mean 1-2 -3 at most. maybe 4 if they want to keep it closer to the uncompressed original, but hey doesnt anyone remember final fantasy on the ps1 it had like 4-5 discs and no one complained bout that, i personally dont mind getting up off my ass to change a disc out on a good game.

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#16 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11785 Posts
[QUOTE="Taijiquan"]

[QUOTE="bohemian_bob"]If they compressed the game it could easily fit one DVD, maybe 2 at the most. But that's beside the point. This is old and unfunny.Lach0121

being a sound engineer i do have to agree uncompressed is better, but i really dont think it would take 5-6 dvds to do metal gear solid 4, i mean 1-2 -3 at most. maybe 4 if they want to keep it closer to the uncompressed original, but hey doesnt anyone remember final fantasy on the ps1 it had like 4-5 discs and no one complained bout that, i personally dont mind getting up off my ass to change a disc out on a good game.

oh and hey could you answer my question on the thread about screen tearing please !!!!!!

Shugo129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Shugo129
Member since 2004 • 579 Posts

I'm sure that some of you knew already but the pic is way old it came out like a week after Kojima said that MGS4 could not be done on 360 because of blu-ray and btw its a p0nr movie set that got photoshoped

btw it still made me laugh

outbreak201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#18 outbreak201
Member since 2005 • 8372 Posts

[QUOTE="bohemian_bob"]If they compressed the game it could easily fit one DVD, maybe 2 at the most. But that's beside the point. This is old and unfunny.Taijiquan

OMG and to think i was gonna buy that game ..pshhhh

MGS9150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MGS9150
Member since 2004 • 2491 Posts
Even if they do put it onto 4 or more dvds the game has been made from the ground up to take advantage of the Cell and Sixaxis. The Sixaxis is used heavily in the game and everything is optimized for the Cell, Kojima even said the octocamo couldn't be used on the 360. If they did port it either they would have to spend a lot of time optimizing it for the Xenon or they would just port it as is and have a watered down and horribly downgraded and broken game.
Avatar image for Screamin_EaGLes
Screamin_EaGLes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Screamin_EaGLes
Member since 2006 • 2278 Posts
http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200707/N07.0719.1908.25222.htm?Page=1
everyone that thinks MGS4 is coming to 360, read this first.
mj53916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mj53916
Member since 2003 • 104 Posts
[QUOTE="Taijiquan"]

[QUOTE="bohemian_bob"]If they compressed the game it could easily fit one DVD, maybe 2 at the most. But that's beside the point. This is old and unfunny.Lach0121

Final fantasy 1 came on 3 disc's I knowI played it and beat it back in the day.I still have it laying aroud somewhere.Resident evil 4 came on mutiple disc's but if you had to back track like if you forgot something you have to swap discs multiple times in a short time thatkinda sucks.If the game is ported over from a game that isn't on multiple discs it could end up switching at an inaporiate time.I also heard a rumor, a say again a rumor that the game is already on a 50 gig blu ray I wonder how many DVD 9's that is.Exculive games by 3rd party's are becoming rare though and it's not that one system isn't doing well compared to another it's justhow it isnow aday's.Grand theft auto's did extermly well on PS2 but they where still ported to Xbox.

Tree06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Tree06
Member since 2006 • 3552 Posts
Lol that's funny.