New Elder Scrolls Game?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by NewVegasSeptim (37 posts) -
Although they just made a new Elder Scrolls last year (SKYRIM FTW), you can already tell they're going to make a new one, or they would of said it would be the last. Oblivion was amazing in my opinion, and to see skyrim highly surpassed it, how do you think their new Elder Scrolls game is gonna be!?! [that is, if they make it.] What do you think they could possibly add that makes it unique, and surpass the others from the past?
#2 Posted by ShadowMoses900 (17081 posts) -

I believe Todd Howard said they will be working on a new Fallout. It might be for next gen however.

I personally would like to see Summerset Isle (or is it Sommer Set? ), it is described as the most beautiful place in all of Tamreil, and would be a nice place to get away from Snowy Skyrim mountians (which are great though don't get me wrong).

Plus based off of the elven cultures like Morrowind, they seem to be more foriegn and make me want to explore and learn more about them. Where as Skyrim and Cyrodil were more cloesly related to western/Euorpean cultures, so they don't seem as different.

#3 Posted by AutoPilotOn (8655 posts) -
I thought they were already working on elder scrolls online.
Avatar image for Cyanide4Suicid3
#4 Posted by Cyanide4Suicid3 (733 posts) -
Theyre working on Elder Scrolls Online, but I dont think it's Bethesda making it. I'd rather see another Fallout, honestly.
#5 Posted by Srbanator (790 posts) -
I wonder sometimes what they're going to do to match you being Dragonborn in Skyrim. Is every hero going to be dragonborn from now on? Or can you imagine an Elder Scrolls game without shouts after having played Skyrim? Also, I have not finished skyrim, I do not know if the MC is really the last Dragonborn, do not spoil please.
#6 Posted by darksusperia (6945 posts) -
if it does, it wont happen on the current gen.
#7 Posted by l0ner_1 (352 posts) -

Bethesda is currently working on Elders Scrolls Online. Now as far as ESO being on consoles, last word was "We are open to oportunities". Which means, they are currently in a PC development mode only. Now I know Xbox and Square had a big fight over trying to get FFXVI (a MMO) on Xbox, but due to Square wanting to run the game on their servers and Microsoft wanted to run it on their servers, there was no agreement and it didn't happen.

Highly doubt xbox will see this game, now the next gen Playstation maybe.

There has been no news from bethesda on a new fallout, they might pass it on to obsidian again. As Far as next SP Elder Scrolls, probability is extremely high as there are 4 regions that the series has not visited yet, Summerset isle, valenwood, elsweyr, and the Black Marsh.

Avatar image for almasdeathchild
#8 Posted by almasdeathchild (8922 posts) -

at this point id rather see a new fallout,new vegas left a really bad taste in my mouth

but if they do make a new elderscrolls id reather spend less time in tamriel and more time in a plane of oblivion(maybe that's why i like oblivion more than skyrim *shrug*) besides lava and stuff,we can have the hellish part maybe some frozen areas or places like shivering isle. if not let us explore another place in nirn besides tamriel.

though it's rumored alot that we will revamp to morrowind or cyrodill in a dlc for skyrim

#9 Posted by immortality20 (8542 posts) -

Besides Online, you won't see a new one well into the next generation. They're typically 5 years apart.

#10 Posted by boredom_kills (190 posts) -

Zenimax Online studios are working on The Elder Scrolls Online. Skyrim was made by Bethesda Game Studios (who also made Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and Fallout 3). They're both owned by the same parent company, but they ARE NOT the same studio.

No-one's certain of exactly what's going on at Bethesda Games Studios right now (except for trying to fix Dawnguard for PS3!)... however, a lot of people (myself included) reckon Fallout 4 will be the next game to come from them.

Just to clear up the confusion around who's developing what... there seems to be a lot of it!

#11 Posted by boredom_kills (190 posts) -

Zenimax Online studios are working on The Elder Scrolls Online. Skyrim was made by Bethesda Game Studios (who also made Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and Fallout 3). They're both owned by the same parent company, but they ARE NOT the same studio.

No-one's certain of exactly what's going on at Bethesda Games Studios right now (except for trying to fix Dawnguard for PS3!)... however, a lot of people (myself included) reckon Fallout 4 will be the next game to come from them.

Just to clear up the confusion around who's developing what... there seems to be a lot of it!

#12 Posted by BatCrazedJoker (1611 posts) -
I do not see another Elder Scrolls game for this generation.
#13 Posted by EvilSelf (3619 posts) -

Right now, i could care less anout another Elder Scrolls game. Give me news on the next Fallout game already!!!!

#14 Posted by shadow_Metroid (1631 posts) -

Yeah Elder Scrolls online.

#15 Posted by ninjastar (9589 posts) -

I know they are making Elder Scolls online which I will pick up but I would really like to see a new Fallout game soon.

#16 Posted by Vari3ty (11111 posts) -

I wouldn't expect a new Elder Scrolls for probably another 3 years or so. Fallout 4 is probably the next Bethesda game coming, but that will most likely be a next-gen title. After that I would expect an Elder Scrolls VI, but like I said, it won't be for a while.

#17 Posted by tosh25 (30 posts) -
they need to make the next one where u play as a god and they should allow u to go to satan's world because those 2 have not been in many games at all that would epic.
#18 Posted by BSC14 (4187 posts) -

Bethesda is currently working on Elders Scrolls Online.

l0ner_1

Nope...Zenimax is making ESO. :)

#19 Posted by a55a55inx (4188 posts) -
I'm sure the next Elder Scrolls game will be released on the next-gen systems. While I found Skyrim and Oblivion to be excellent games (some of my favorite games this gen) there are still a lot of flaws. I have a list of improvements that I hope they include in the next game. - A.I. (the artificial intelligence in these games are pretty bad, very unconvincing. Why do the guards try to kill me for screaming at a chicken?) - Animations (character animations are extremely stiff, it can be comical at times) - Bug fixes (These games are notorious for their glitches, the next game needs to be ironed out a bit more)
#20 Posted by zombehhhhh (456 posts) -

I'm fine with Skyrim for now. It still has good replay value and epicness. A new Fallout game for the next gen would be awesome though.

#21 Posted by sukraj (26940 posts) -

I do not see another Elder Scrolls game for this generation. BatCrazedJoker

it will probably be on next gen consoles.

#22 Posted by Rattlesnake_8 (18452 posts) -
I thought they were already working on elder scrolls online. AutoPilotOn
A different company is making ESO. Bethesda is probably working on a new Fallout, they probably do have a team working on the next Elder Scrolls. The games are so HUGE it takes years to be made so I'm sure they'll have a team working on something to do with the next one. The games sell incredibly well so of course they will make a sequel. It takes a long time to make, which means we won't get worn out with yearly releases.. however it can take a while between each release which can be frustrating when you really want the next one to come out.
#23 Posted by krh2253 (25 posts) -

Here's an idea for the main campaign of The Elder Scrolls 6 for whatever future console it may grace. It's pretty long but a good idea, so bear with the length if you wish to judge its potential for yourself:

Following the passing of the last Dragonborn, Tamriel has rejoiced in an unprecedented time of prosperity. With Alduin the "world eater" gone and tales of the Skyrim hero's many exploits afterward, (including the defeat of lord Harkon and the resurrected Miraak serving Hermaeas Mora), the various races are cheering at the downfall of so many god-like forces at the hands of a mortal, boasting a new found pride that they can overcome any threat to their presence and domination no matter where it may come from or what form it may take. But now, a new power has risen from the shadows to incite the destruction of Tamriel and its denizens, a power thought to have been wiped from men and mer's history in the first era... A powerful and seemingly all knowing sorcerer named An Dell, who claims to be the last pure blooded Ayleid, has come forward with a plan to re establish Aedric supremacy over not just Tamriel but all of Nirn and Mundus. The tool with which he will exact his ambition is an artifact older than even the Elder Scrolls, forged by the Aedra themselves during the creation of Mundus. The Orb of Akatosh, a golden stone covered to the microscopic level with Aedric markings, is a tool of infinite knowledge and power. It was created and buried deep underground toward the center of Nirn countless ages ago to serve as a magical conduit through which the Divines could maintain their hold on Nirn and their connection to its creatures (This was required for them to keep their presence in the physical plane, as they had sacrificed most of their power creating Mundus and Nirn, though this is not written in any scrolls or books) Its name comes from its relation to Akatosh, the Dragon god of time, who carved within this puzzle-like stone many secrets, including a spell to manipulate time itself! This was originally intended as a last resort in case the world of mortals became so chaotic and on the verge of collapse that the Aedra were forced to use its power to turn back time to before the crisis happened and change the events that led to it, so as to give their precious children another chance. The catch is, the orb can only be used once every nine thousand years during a certain month long star alignment, after which it will then have to recharge for nine thousand more. And it can only be activated by a mortal (Though the Aedra could have easily convinced or possessed one to do so for them). In addition, the power of the orb can only be activated by first arranging the puzzle of the markings to the desired spell, of which there are countless contained inside that are far beyond mortal capability, then answering a riddle at each of nine well hidden secret temples scattered throughout Tamriel, said to have been built by the first elves who settled there that supposedly heard the voice of Akatosh instructing them to do so. Once inside, the orb must be placed into a magicka amplifier that draws upon the energy inside Nirn itself and magnifies it, sending a geyser of raw magic into the sky to resonate with and focus the orb's power with the aligned stars. Only when the beacons of all nine temples are activated can the orb finally be utilized. Now, somehow An Dell has found and dug up the orb from its resting place within Nirn's interior. Travelling to find these temples, An Dell, with the aid of his "invisible army" of magically brainwashed Tamrielans who can be anyone anywhere to a certain distance and amount, plans to use the time reverse spell and send Mundus back to a time before the beginning of time itself! Believing that mortals have become irreparably corrupt and that the Aedra cannot change their endless greed, the only way to truly make the world one with the divines again is to send it back to before creation, so the Aedra can correct their mistakes and remake a better universe ruled under their wisdom alone, a perfect world free from corruption, war, suffering and above all, blasphemy against the divines' will. With one beacon already lit and Nirn in danger of ceasing to exist, the people of Tamriel panic as its empires and forces ally to kill this phantom of the Ayleids before he achieves his goal. But with An Dell's incredible arcane prowess, his ability to brainwash almost any opponent to his side and the assistance of others in political power who have been secretly worshiping and aiding him of their own free will for years behind the scenes in preparation for his scheme, there seems to be no stopping him. The only foil to his insanity is his sister Ev Rile, another surviving Ayleid who still has faith in the mortals and cut ties with her brother, going into hiding as he did centuries ago. Now being hunted by An Dell's minions to find and kill her before she can interfere, Ev Rile runs across Tamriel, staying one step ahead until she can find the one thing that may be the key to thwarting An Dell: YOU. Against all odds, you, a rather ordinary traveler of your own creation, are blessed with an unexplainable immunity to An Dell's brainwashing, making you the ultimate and probably only weapon against his magic. Ev Rile sensed your presence the moment the first beacon was lit, though why is unknown. Joining forces with Ev Rile along with several others who will aid you throughout your quest and teach you to become the warrior you must, you and Ev Rile will embark on a long and perilous journey across Tamriel filled with trials, friends and sacrifices, from the ashy lands of Morrowind to the falling Imperial center of Cyrodiil to the tip of High Rock, across the sea to Hammerfell, through the planes of Oblivion and beyond in a race against An Dell and time. With help from Ev Rile's power and knowledge of the secrets forgotten by history, you must locate each temple and destroy each of the magicka amplifiers within guarded by great power that includes never before seen ancient traps, enemies and creatures, all the while battling legions of An Dell's mind slaves made up of races from all over as well as monstrous powerful new daedra summoned by An Dell's magic from various parts of Oblivion. You will also see firsthand how these events affect the lands and people around you. To find these temples, as even Ev Rile and An Dell cannot know their locations on their own, you will need help from other lost wisdoms, namely the Elder Scrolls of course, specifically certain scrolls that are scarcely written of only in legend. These are the oldest of the scrolls, some of which are believed to be myth while others are said to have the power to destroy the world if disturbed! But these are risks among many that you must take. On this path, you will not only discover the truth behind your mysterious resistance to An Dell's power and unnaturally growing affinity for magic but also the secret of your ties to the Ayleids themselves as well as the nature of Ev Rile and An Dell's strangely long life span that has allowed them to survive to this day. Many mysteries of some of Tamriel's greatest events will also finally be answered as this conspiracy grows, including the disappearance of the Dwemer and their unknown hand in this coming apocalypse. As fear rips Tamriel asunder and entire provinces begin to fall, the final hour is on the horizon as the remaining armies of Skyrim, Cyrodiil, Morrowind, High Rock and Hammerfell (The others are currently defeated) unite in a giant allegiance composed of every race in a last ditch all out effort to stop An Dell and his army of their unfortunate brothers and sisters or die trying. Ultimately however, there is only one hope as you and Ev Rile with help from your accumulated special allies confront An Dell at the final temple in The Heart of Nirn and meet to decide the fate of Mundus. Will you save this world of corruption and imperfect mortals that have dishonored and mocked the Divines, giving them another chance on their own terms? Or will you betray Ev Rile and side with An Dell's vision of a perfect world, especially once he and the Elder Scrolls reveal the truth about who you really are and who you have been in a past life? As always, your choices and who you help or hurt will have consequences, some apparent like who allies with you and some not. As the surface of Tamriel becomes a continent sized battlefield, it's up to you to choose how you play your role in this, the greatest crisis in Elder Scrolls history, and act before the whole of all creation divine and physical alike is sent back from existence! And if the world is saved, what will be left of the people, and how will your choices affect their divisions amongst each other? This is the tale that will close an era and either begin another or end it all. Whatever Nirn’s final fate may be, know this. Tamriel will never be the same… This is The Elder Scrolls VI: Akatosh. Like if you want and tell me what you think! :D

#25 Posted by Khraolbull (25 posts) -

Yes it is , I love playing it with my headphones that i picked from this site : http://www.headphonesworld.ml/p/best-studio-headphones.html

#26 Posted by NeoGen85 (4270 posts) -

@Srbanator said:
I wonder sometimes what they're going to do to match you being Dragonborn in Skyrim. Is every hero going to be dragonborn from now on? Or can you imagine an Elder Scrolls game without shouts after having played Skyrim? Also, I have not finished skyrim, I do not know if the MC is really the last Dragonborn, do not spoil please.

The Elders Scrolls are unique with each game telling a new prophecy. With that comes a new hero, and these heroes often are "special". In TESIII the player was the reincarnation of Indoril Nerevar with the purpose of reuniting Morrowind. In fact, when fighting some Dark Elves in Skyrim occasionally they'll ask of his blessing and in Oblivion we here rumors of his/her existence. The Champion in TESIV fate was tied with closing the gates of Oblivion; and now may have become the Daedric prince of madness. We will definitely not play a Dragonborn again especially since the lore states that Dovahkiin is rare. Expect something different. I honestly think that when the next Elder Scrolls game releases the Aldmeri Dominion will either play a part within the new material. Between the banning of Talos worshipping, the Septim lineage now gone, a questionable Cyrodiilic empire, and Man divided(not just in Skyrim, but Hammerfell's secession from the Empire) the Elves are ready to reclaim their dominance over Tamriel.

#27 Posted by sukraj (26940 posts) -

@krh2253 said:

Here's an idea for the main campaign of The Elder Scrolls 6 for whatever future console it may grace. It's pretty long but a good idea, so bear with the length if you wish to judge its potential for yourself:

Following the passing of the last Dragonborn, Tamriel has rejoiced in an unprecedented time of prosperity. With Alduin the "world eater" gone and tales of the Skyrim hero's many exploits afterward, (including the defeat of lord Harkon and the resurrected Miraak serving Hermaeas Mora), the various races are cheering at the downfall of so many god-like forces at the hands of a mortal, boasting a new found pride that they can overcome any threat to their presence and domination no matter where it may come from or what form it may take. But now, a new power has risen from the shadows to incite the destruction of Tamriel and its denizens, a power thought to have been wiped from men and mer's history in the first era... A powerful and seemingly all knowing sorcerer named An Dell, who claims to be the last pure blooded Ayleid, has come forward with a plan to re establish Aedric supremacy over not just Tamriel but all of Nirn and Mundus. The tool with which he will exact his ambition is an artifact older than even the Elder Scrolls, forged by the Aedra themselves during the creation of Mundus. The Orb of Akatosh, a golden stone covered to the microscopic level with Aedric markings, is a tool of infinite knowledge and power. It was created and buried deep underground toward the center of Nirn countless ages ago to serve as a magical conduit through which the Divines could maintain their hold on Nirn and their connection to its creatures (This was required for them to keep their presence in the physical plane, as they had sacrificed most of their power creating Mundus and Nirn, though this is not written in any scrolls or books) Its name comes from its relation to Akatosh, the Dragon god of time, who carved within this puzzle-like stone many secrets, including a spell to manipulate time itself! This was originally intended as a last resort in case the world of mortals became so chaotic and on the verge of collapse that the Aedra were forced to use its power to turn back time to before the crisis happened and change the events that led to it, so as to give their precious children another chance. The catch is, the orb can only be used once every nine thousand years during a certain month long star alignment, after which it will then have to recharge for nine thousand more. And it can only be activated by a mortal (Though the Aedra could have easily convinced or possessed one to do so for them). In addition, the power of the orb can only be activated by first arranging the puzzle of the markings to the desired spell, of which there are countless contained inside that are far beyond mortal capability, then answering a riddle at each of nine well hidden secret temples scattered throughout Tamriel, said to have been built by the first elves who settled there that supposedly heard the voice of Akatosh instructing them to do so. Once inside, the orb must be placed into a magicka amplifier that draws upon the energy inside Nirn itself and magnifies it, sending a geyser of raw magic into the sky to resonate with and focus the orb's power with the aligned stars. Only when the beacons of all nine temples are activated can the orb finally be utilized. Now, somehow An Dell has found and dug up the orb from its resting place within Nirn's interior. Travelling to find these temples, An Dell, with the aid of his "invisible army" of magically brainwashed Tamrielans who can be anyone anywhere to a certain distance and amount, plans to use the time reverse spell and send Mundus back to a time before the beginning of time itself! Believing that mortals have become irreparably corrupt and that the Aedra cannot change their endless greed, the only way to truly make the world one with the divines again is to send it back to before creation, so the Aedra can correct their mistakes and remake a better universe ruled under their wisdom alone, a perfect world free from corruption, war, suffering and above all, blasphemy against the divines' will. With one beacon already lit and Nirn in danger of ceasing to exist, the people of Tamriel panic as its empires and forces ally to kill this phantom of the Ayleids before he achieves his goal. But with An Dell's incredible arcane prowess, his ability to brainwash almost any opponent to his side and the assistance of others in political power who have been secretly worshiping and aiding him of their own free will for years behind the scenes in preparation for his scheme, there seems to be no stopping him. The only foil to his insanity is his sister Ev Rile, another surviving Ayleid who still has faith in the mortals and cut ties with her brother, going into hiding as he did centuries ago. Now being hunted by An Dell's minions to find and kill her before she can interfere, Ev Rile runs across Tamriel, staying one step ahead until she can find the one thing that may be the key to thwarting An Dell: YOU. Against all odds, you, a rather ordinary traveler of your own creation, are blessed with an unexplainable immunity to An Dell's brainwashing, making you the ultimate and probably only weapon against his magic. Ev Rile sensed your presence the moment the first beacon was lit, though why is unknown. Joining forces with Ev Rile along with several others who will aid you throughout your quest and teach you to become the warrior you must, you and Ev Rile will embark on a long and perilous journey across Tamriel filled with trials, friends and sacrifices, from the ashy lands of Morrowind to the falling Imperial center of Cyrodiil to the tip of High Rock, across the sea to Hammerfell, through the planes of Oblivion and beyond in a race against An Dell and time. With help from Ev Rile's power and knowledge of the secrets forgotten by history, you must locate each temple and destroy each of the magicka amplifiers within guarded by great power that includes never before seen ancient traps, enemies and creatures, all the while battling legions of An Dell's mind slaves made up of races from all over as well as monstrous powerful new daedra summoned by An Dell's magic from various parts of Oblivion. You will also see firsthand how these events affect the lands and people around you. To find these temples, as even Ev Rile and An Dell cannot know their locations on their own, you will need help from other lost wisdoms, namely the Elder Scrolls of course, specifically certain scrolls that are scarcely written of only in legend. These are the oldest of the scrolls, some of which are believed to be myth while others are said to have the power to destroy the world if disturbed! But these are risks among many that you must take. On this path, you will not only discover the truth behind your mysterious resistance to An Dell's power and unnaturally growing affinity for magic but also the secret of your ties to the Ayleids themselves as well as the nature of Ev Rile and An Dell's strangely long life span that has allowed them to survive to this day. Many mysteries of some of Tamriel's greatest events will also finally be answered as this conspiracy grows, including the disappearance of the Dwemer and their unknown hand in this coming apocalypse. As fear rips Tamriel asunder and entire provinces begin to fall, the final hour is on the horizon as the remaining armies of Skyrim, Cyrodiil, Morrowind, High Rock and Hammerfell (The others are currently defeated) unite in a giant allegiance composed of every race in a last ditch all out effort to stop An Dell and his army of their unfortunate brothers and sisters or die trying. Ultimately however, there is only one hope as you and Ev Rile with help from your accumulated special allies confront An Dell at the final temple in The Heart of Nirn and meet to decide the fate of Mundus. Will you save this world of corruption and imperfect mortals that have dishonored and mocked the Divines, giving them another chance on their own terms? Or will you betray Ev Rile and side with An Dell's vision of a perfect world, especially once he and the Elder Scrolls reveal the truth about who you really are and who you have been in a past life? As always, your choices and who you help or hurt will have consequences, some apparent like who allies with you and some not. As the surface of Tamriel becomes a continent sized battlefield, it's up to you to choose how you play your role in this, the greatest crisis in Elder Scrolls history, and act before the whole of all creation divine and physical alike is sent back from existence! And if the world is saved, what will be left of the people, and how will your choices affect their divisions amongst each other? This is the tale that will close an era and either begin another or end it all. Whatever Nirn’s final fate may be, know this. Tamriel will never be the same… This is The Elder Scrolls VI: Akatosh. Like if you want and tell me what you think! :D

blog it

#28 Edited by vl4d_l3nin (985 posts) -

^learn how paragraphs work too

#29 Posted by bowchicka07 (1104 posts) -

@vl4d_l3nin said:

^learn how paragraphs work too