New 360 owner. How do I install games to the HD?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

APic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 APic
Member since 2005 • 1640 Posts

Hi. I just got my 360 today and have been having a blast with it. However, I have heard people recomend that you should install your games to the 360 hard drive for various reasons. Now, I've been looking over thew manual but I can't find anything that says how to do this. Can anyone tell me what needs to be done?

APic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 APic

Once installed it no longer requires the disc inside of the 360, correct? In that case, how do I launch the game? Also, it reduces load times, correct?

Now, this is a bit off topic, but how can I remove the various game trails and videos that come already on the 360?

Avatar image for ___gamemaster__
___gamemaster__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 ___gamemaster__
Member since 2009 • 3347 Posts

download latest dashboard. NXE. go to play game press Y and go to install on hardrive. takes 20-30 mins i think.

godzillavskong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#5 godzillavskong
Member since 2007 • 7904 Posts
[QUOTE="APic"]

Once installed it no longer requires the disc inside of the 360, correct? In that case, how do I launch the game? Also, it reduces load times, correct?

Now, this is a bit off topic, but how can I remove the various game trails and videos that come already on the 360?

It still requires the disc, once you've installed it choose the play from hard drive selection, but after playing something different and you go to play that game again, make sure you change your settings on your 360 so that they don't auto play when disc is inserted. You simply go to system settings @ the far right on your dashboard, then click console settings, then disable auto-play from disc. From then on out, once the game is inserted, give it a few seconds, then press Y like magicalclick stated, then chose play from hard drive.
APic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 APic

Also, about those trails: Is it a limited form of the game, like a demo, or one of those trail things where you can only play for about 30 minutes and then it's gone?

Aft3rBurn3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 Aft3rBurn3r
Member since 2007 • 668 Posts

Also, about those trails: Is it a limited form of the game, like a demo, or one of those trail things where you can only play for about 30 minutes and then it's gone?

APic
Not 100% sure what your trying to ask, but if youre asking whether installed games will be the full version then yes they will be.