Need to recover gamer Profile

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tijuana_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 tijuana_man
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Today I tried out xbox live for the first time, and when prompted to name my xbox live profile I thought it would make sense to name it the same as my usual profile (and seeing as there didnt seem to be an obvious option to have the same achievements stats etc from my offline profile), so I named it the same and it asked me if wanted to replace the offline profile with the online profile... which I said yes to thinking it was merely going to transplant the profile. Now it turns out that I have effectively wiped my old profile, saved games, achievement points etc.

Is there any way I can get this back?? I dont think the recover gamer tag option would work seeing as I was never connnected to xbox live with my old one, and it is the same name. But I dont think it makes sense to be able to use your profile so easily, I must be able to get it back right? I have about 40 hours of lost odyssey on there and heaps of progress on FIFA 07 that I want to get back, as well as about 8000 achievement points.

Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Avenger1324
Member since 2007 • 16344 Posts

When you create a Live account there is an option to convert your existing offline account into your new gamertag. When this happens it brings all your gamerscore and achievements with you.

If you didn't do this, and the old profile is no longer on your 360, then there isn't a way to recover it :(

tijuana_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 tijuana_man
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
Aw man that stinks. I looked everywhere for an option like that, but couldnt find one, so it practically forced me to name a new one. Are you sure there is no way to recover it? I mean its not like the 360 hardrive would have any need to be wiped right? as in its not like its used to store secret documents. It seems stupid that with one click my old profile can disapear into the abyss,all for the sake of about 300 hours of gameplay. I guess that serves me right for playing computer games.
DMSAndyC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DMSAndyC
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

When you create a Live account there is an option to convert your existing offline account into your new gamertag. When this happens it brings all your gamerscore and achievements with you.

If you didn't do this, and the old profile is no longer on your 360, then there isn't a way to recover it :(

Avenger1324

I have been trying to sign up for the last couple of days but its keeps screwing up for one reason or another. I have not seen this option to use my existing offline gamertag, I presumed I would simply have to start from 0.

Can you tell me at what point in the sign-up process this option is offered?

I haven't overwritten my offline profile, its still there.

lildjreg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 lildjreg
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
can i recover a non xbox live gamer tag
Bane_v2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Bane_v2
Member since 2003 • 6104 Posts
When you create a Live account there is an option to convert your existing offline account into your new gamertag. When this happens it brings all your gamerscore and achievements with you.Avenger1324
I don't think this option exists, despite what people (including MS) say. Two people I know of have tried to do so and there was never any option to convert an offline profile to an online one. If you attempt to sign up for Live while signed in to your offline profile you're forced to sign out. If you attempt to sign up for Live while signed out you're forced to create a new profile, there is no option to select an existing profile to convert. My friend and I sat there on his couch for a good while trying to figure it out because he didn't want to lose his gamerscore, but we couldn't and he lost it.