NCAA 08---I would give it a 6.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Spinbrett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Spinbrett
Member since 2006 • 281 Posts

So I'll get bashed but oh well, it's just my opinion. I bought the new 08 because I loved last years version. I would even give last years version a 9.5-10. I pick Tennessee as my favorite team and team to play with. The season starts off with Cal and I'm on the default difficulty level and 5 minute quarters. I receive the punt, fumble. They score. Next pocession, interception. 2 pocessions later, another fumble. Then they fumble. Ok, to make a long story short, by the end there was around 9 fumbles and 8 interceptions. It wasnt even raining outside. Next game its raining, even worse----around 12-14 interceptions and 10 fumbles. I play a few more and this continues to happen with my team as well as the opponents. This game is NOT realistic. It plays like an arcade game. More like Blitz. Even gamespot says there are way to many fumbles so it cant just be me. Anyways, I take it back to gamestop, they say they only give 25 bucks trade in even though its only days old. I tell them no way, so I put it up on ebay and got 50....I just hope they dont do this with next years edition....I'll be renting it first next time...10-15 fumbles/interceptions per game? EA, you suck.

l0n3lyn4t3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 l0n3lyn4t3
Member since 2006 • 75 Posts

alot more fumbles than last year's game, but the picks are about the same. just dont throw to guys who are well covered.

rat951753

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 rat951753
Member since 2004 • 1532 Posts
Ive played 25+ games in NCAA and i have thrown 2int and got 2int.Ive fumbled once and the computer has fumbled twice.You just suck at the game.Simple as that.Dont throw it up if theres 3 defenders covering your WR.Dont always stay in the pocket move around if the D is pressuring you.
Spinbrett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Spinbrett
rat, fumbles have nothing to do with whether you suck or not. Yes, if you throw into coverage, it will get picked but you get picked often even if you have one on one. Also, gamespot review also noted that there are way too many fumbles in its review. Like I said, if you like arcade style, unrealistic football games, then you would like ncaa 08.
Bryn5774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Bryn5774
Member since 2004 • 469 Posts

I just played the demo earlier tonight, and i agree with the fumbling.

In the 2 minute quarters in the clear sky game, both teams fumbled a total of 5 times. (My team the Spartans 3, the Wolverines 2)

Way too many to be realistic, imho.

Spinbrett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Spinbrett
Thank you Bryn. The exact same thing was happening to me. There is something definately wrong with the game (fumbles) Its too bad because like I said, I loved the 07 edition. I hate to see them mess it up.
Splincir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 Splincir
Member since 2002 • 5791 Posts
I'm nearly through 2 seasons on dynasty, and I think I've had about 7-8 fumbles total. It seems pretty realistic to me. I think people don't know there's a button to cover the ball right before you get hit (RB). It helps. Try it.
TheNIM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#8 TheNIM
Member since 2006 • 312 Posts
I think it has to do with the teams you play with combined with your style of play. I haven't experienced many fumbles and Irun with Arizona which isn't exactly known for their running backs.
ronniexie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ronniexie
Member since 2006 • 307 Posts
i know there is WAY to many fumbles i made a thread compalining about the fumble and interception rate a long time ago when the demo came out. i didnt like it
Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#10 Staryoshi87
Member since 2003 • 12760 Posts
I don't know what the heck you guys are doing... but I've only fumbed three times in my 20+ games. I'd give it a 9-9.5. Other than the college atmosphere, this game hits on every aspect. Best football game since 05, possibly ever (imo). Can't wait for madden.
Doomtime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Doomtime
Member since 2004 • 4282 Posts

In the 2 minute quarters in the clear sky game, both teams fumbled a total of 5 times. (My team the Spartans 3, the Wolverines 2)

Bryn5774

Haha i found that funny. The Spartans. Well i have yet to play the game yet, but i'll tell you tomorrow what i think.

Alpha172

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 Alpha172
Member since 2007 • 1437 Posts
Personally I will give it a rating of a 0 as I don't like football games due to the fact I personally really hate most sport games especially Golf except Tennis and Racing games. Secondly the price is a problem, so expensive.

I only like Tennis games that have Maria Sharapova in it...
Racing games are quite fun, Forza 2 was nice.
ronniexie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ronniexie
Member since 2006 • 307 Posts
odd how some peple are getting a ton of fumbles and others arent
Bryn5774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Bryn5774
Member since 2004 • 469 Posts
[QUOTE="Bryn5774"]

Doomtime

Haha i found that funny. The Spartans. Well i have yet to play the game yet, but i'll tell you tomorrow what i think.

Did i say Spartans? I meant Trojans. That is quite embarassing for a college student like myself who loves sports. :-\

But to what someone earlier said, yes, i know there is a button to cover up the ball right before you get hit, and i used it in my demo game. Fumbles still occured.

CNUrGames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 CNUrGames
Member since 2005 • 1867 Posts

If you're using the spin button or the highlight stick way too much they will also fumble. It goes into them making moves and not worrying about the ball. In my games I do fumble but there is a reason for all of it. Now what I do notice is that I fumble a lot after the play and then they review it and overturn it. But when I run the ball about 6 times in a row, throwing jukes and stuff every time, I expect to fumble.

As for interceptions, sometimes the DBs just get a jump on the ball and they make a good play. You should throw to people that are clearly open rather than trying to force the pass. Run plays where you know people have a good chance of getting open.

A third point is that this is college. Not all the players are going to be the absolute best at holding onto the ball. I doubt there will be that many fumbles in Madden.

Me72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 Me72
Member since 2003 • 198 Posts

RB-Protect ball, it's your friend.

And the fact that you'd consider 07 a 9.5-10 kinda voids your opinion right there IMO. 07 sucked, the gameplay was clumsy and unfun and it lacked any depth, IMO 08 is a much better game, smoother gameplay, 60 fps, Campus Legend.

Spinbrett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Spinbrett
yes, the game graphics are smooth. Graphics are great. The problem is the fumbles. Way too many to even being close to realistic. You also said my opinion is void because I like 07?! Well, if you check the database, last years 07 got a better rating than this years!!! Yes, only by .2 but like I said, even the reviewers for gamespot noticed that there are way too many fumbles. Hey, maybe you like unrealistic football games like techmo football and Blitz. Just not what I look for in a game. I dont se many college football games that have 10 fumbles in every game.
ginglejangle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ginglejangle
Member since 2007 • 3171 Posts

played 25 games only funbled 3 times and the the people i gone against only fumbled5 times

i actually want more fumbles

Akm4everz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Akm4everz
Member since 2004 • 2390 Posts
Cover the ball before you get hit man... I played the demo and had alot of fumbles to but then i relized I wasnt covering the ball right I had always been trying to juke by like 5 linemen and would get slapped and create a fumble...
Messiah_xXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Messiah_xXx
Member since 2006 • 778 Posts
ea blows plain and simple
neelyboy99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 neelyboy99
Member since 2003 • 1391 Posts

So I'll get bashed but oh well, it's just my opinion. I bought the new 08 because I loved last years version. I would even give last years version a 9.5-10. I pick Tennessee as my favorite team and team to play with. The season starts off with Cal and I'm on the default difficulty level and 5 minute quarters. I receive the punt, fumble. They score. Next pocession, interception. 2 pocessions later, another fumble. Then they fumble. Ok, to make a long story short, by the end there was around 9 fumbles and 8 interceptions. It wasnt even raining outside. Next game its raining, even worse----around 12-14 interceptions and 10 fumbles. I play a few more and this continues to happen with my team as well as the opponents. This game is NOT realistic. It plays like an arcade game. More like Blitz. Even gamespot says there are way to many fumbles so it cant just be me. Anyways, I take it back to gamestop, they say they only give 25 bucks trade in even though its only days old. I tell them no way, so I put it up on ebay and got 50....I just hope they dont do this with next years edition....I'll be renting it first next time...10-15 fumbles/interceptions per game? EA, you suck.

Spinbrett

Stop Whining! Get better at the game.

rpg3221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#22 rpg3221
Member since 2007 • 401 Posts

britt, i think you just suck at the game. i played through a whole dynasty, 12 games, and fumbled maybe 7 times all year. i threw maybe 13 interceptions. You just cannot throw into double coverage....

face it, you suck as sports games if you turn the ball over that many times!!!!!!!!!

WWJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 WWJD
Member since 2005 • 753 Posts
If you already have ncaa 07, would you guys say ncaa 08 is worth the money?
g-rash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 g-rash
Member since 2003 • 3128 Posts
I had ncaa for ps2 last year so it wasn't the bad version and this year's 360 version blew me away the first time I played it. The presentation might be a little rough but the game is as realistic as it gets, almost life like. All the movements and motions of the players on the field remind me of real games. As for fumbles I've been using some sliders suggested on the NCAA 08 board and wow they are fantastic I probably fumble once or twice a game with 7 minute quaters(because I forget to cover up the ball, I have not fumbled with the ball covered up yet), and I barely throw any picks.
raiden509

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 raiden509
Member since 2006 • 3181 Posts
Im not having a problem with fumble the interceptions get out of hand but then again right now im playing with to get my star achivment
Spinbrett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Spinbrett
rpg3221---can you read? Gamespot found the same problem No, I dont suck at sports games. I would own you. Go back to riding your chocobo or whatever it is loser.
icecoldkilla78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 icecoldkilla78
Member since 2006 • 1756 Posts
yeah too many fumbles, and picks
Doomtime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Doomtime
Member since 2004 • 4282 Posts
Well i got the game, fumbles are more frequent, but that was only on the plays when i got laid out. So it was kind of expected when you take a big hit like that. The DB's are also a lot smarter. I love it. You can't burn them on posts like last year.
white_sox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#29 white_sox
Member since 2006 • 17442 Posts
My complaint is with the crummy framerates and slowdowns.
NCAANAVY4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 NCAANAVY4
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
i totally agree with this. the fumbles are horrible. i play with navy and run a wishbone. and my running backs fumble about 6-8 times a game. but the funny thing is that they review all of them and about 80-90% of thee time the reverse the call and i keep the ball. its dumb. EA reallllly needs to work on this. it seems to me that they've ignored the XBOX360 version of this game for now 2 years. NO create-a-school, NO muddy fields[this year when it snows the field just turns completely white and you cant see anything], NO coach mode, its horrible. LETS GO EA IMPROVE THE 360 VERSION!