NBA 2k8 will be the greatest bball game ever...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

younggrease42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 younggrease42
Member since 2006 • 230 Posts

yep...

check out the new vid at ign and the Qand A

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/866/866314/vids_1.html

Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts
2k7 already did that now they just have to keep it the best b ball game ever
Akm4everz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Akm4everz
Member since 2004 • 2390 Posts
ya I love 2k bball games also but I got to play the Nba live 08 demo and the graphics I have to say look better than 2k. Although I didnt like the controls and gameplay as much as how 2k does it.
tenorio_rotc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 tenorio_rotc
Member since 2003 • 3447 Posts
Yeah, the graphics of Live are better but man, I hate the gameplay and controls, 2k always makes the game fun.
cukoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 cukoo
Member since 2004 • 265 Posts
It's a little early to be making such a bold statement. You better wait and see how the game plays.
younggrease42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 younggrease42

nope I never ever make such bold statements about games..but after the QandA, and the stuff the designers shared on another forum about the insane sig style that is my prediction...

im telling go to tomagaming.com and look at the QandA...and video..

and to live's graphics they look horrible in motion, the dunk animations look funny and clunky and there is just an overall lack of detail and depth in gameplay....They also make it darker and dont have nearly as much detail in the crowd, this allows them to focus more on the players...

I actually like 2k's graphics better because I consider animations part of graphics and 2ks players move much smoother...

St0ned_R4ider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 St0ned_R4ider
Member since 2007 • 312 Posts
I hope your right, but will they have a fantasy draft in dynasty mode? NHL 08 would've been the best NHL game ever if they had that feature.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#8 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts
cant wait 4 NBA 2k8 :) i love beating up on people online with my horrible pacers LOL
younggrease42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 younggrease42

they had it last year I believe..

cant wait i found a league were 25 dollar entry, 30 teams, 12 minute quarters, 82 games....Winner 500, second 250...should be a blast..

any1 interested holla at me

Carpe_Noctum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 Carpe_Noctum
Member since 2002 • 1369 Posts

"and to live's graphics they look horrible in motion, the dunk animations look funny and clunky and there is just an overall lack of detail and depth in gameplay....They also make it darker and dont have nearly as much detail in the crowd, this allows them to focus more on the players...

I actually like 2k's graphics better because I consider animations part of graphics and 2ks players move much smoother..."

Yes, that IS very much a part of graphics. I don't really find one better than the other in still-frame. Once animation comes into play it is no contest. The same goes for the football games. It seems that VC just nails animation. They also seem to nail realistic gameplay.

Last year one game was great and the other was a turd; I don't think it will be that far apart this year. The NBA LIVE demo controls a ton better than the previous games. Maybe EA just reloaded the whole NBA dev. team, but whatever they did, the game is MUCH better. As good as 2Ks? Can't wait to find-out.......