Natal & Xbox 720

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JediA_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 JediA_basic
Member since 2002 • 404 Posts

The reason Natal is going to use the Xbox CPU is because the Natal has always been planned MORE for the 360's successor than the 360 itself. When the new Xbox comes out in 2010/2011 it will have the xtra horsepower to run the Natal and hardcore games at the same time. The 360 is just a testing ground for the Natal!

spazzx625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#2 spazzx625
Member since 2004 • 43433 Posts
Okay...
Avatar image for guitarsrock4eva
guitarsrock4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 guitarsrock4eva
Member since 2008 • 373 Posts
I can see where you are coming from but I doubt it will come out in 2010 ( the console) more like mid/late 2012 imo. It all depends on when Sony will release the PS4 as MS will want a year headstart again.
ozzsoad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ozzsoad
Member since 2004 • 2703 Posts
Project Natal is coming out so Microsoft can cash in on a whole new gaming demographic only known about for the past couple years. If successful, yes, it'll be integrated into the next console, but that won't be for at least another couple years, not 2010 or 2011. It'll be more of a wait and see kind of thing for them, I doubt they're absolutely sure they'll even use it for the next console until they see how it does. I may be wrong. Really, I'm not sure what the point of this topic was.....
chefstubbies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 chefstubbies
Member since 2007 • 2583 Posts

You just made up the name XBOX 720, but are talking of it as though it were fact.

Another thing I'm puzzled about what you said is that Natal is intended for XBOX 360's successor (whatever they decide to name it) but Natal is being released this years holiday season...on the XBOX 360.

sharkbiscuit79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 sharkbiscuit79
Member since 2009 • 1142 Posts

will people do there research YOU ARE ON A GAMING WEBSITE there will be no new xbox untill 2014 at the earliest and stop calling it 720 there has been absolutly no hint that it will be called that and microsoft have said they would like to see the life of the 360 see 2015. and natal is coming out this year because its designed for the 360 NOT its successor. its all on THIS SITE :twisted::roll::twisted::roll::roll::twisted:

sorry for sounding so aggressive but the first few posts i have read today had people moaning about games they did'nt like ( well don't buy them then ) and people not being able to look past the forums and as already stated do there research:D

chelseaman99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 chelseaman99
Member since 2009 • 229 Posts

The XBOX 3 will be with us I think in 3 years. So 2013. But yes, I will agree that Natal may be testing to see whether Microsoft will implement it from the beginning in the XBOX 3.

uwiwami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 uwiwami
Member since 2008 • 334 Posts

Since when was there a new xbox confirmed?

But i can almost guarantee you that the new xbox wont be called 720. I bet my life savings

2pac_makaveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 2pac_makaveli
Member since 2008 • 1681 Posts
none of what u said is true, they have always stated that natal will bring the xbox 360 into the next generation of gaming without the need for a new console.
Toribor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 Toribor
Member since 2005 • 3255 Posts
I can see where you are coming from but I doubt it will come out in 2010 ( the console) more like mid/late 2012 imo. It all depends on when Sony will release the PS4 as MS will want a year headstart again.guitarsrock4eva
Agreed, the Xbox is young in Microsofts eyes. There isn't really a reason for them to release something else at this time. I would expect two more years, absolute minimum. Particularly with the US economy doing so poorly. Probably looking at closer to 4 more years of the Xbox 360, with some spiffy new SKU's but no new console.
ChrisGamer5757

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 ChrisGamer5757
Member since 2003 • 476 Posts

Not to beat a dead horse here but Microsoft hasn't even started thinking about the next Xbox console yet, not with this economy. Natal is specifically for the 360 and a clear indication Microsoft wants to tap into Nintendo's market. The 360 isn't even half way through it's life cycle yet so please give that 720 talk a rest for the next 5 years or so.

rgsniper1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 rgsniper1
Member since 2003 • 9398 Posts

Not to beat a dead horse here but Microsoft hasn't even started thinking about the next Xbox console yet, not with this economy. Natal is specifically for the 360 and a clear indication Microsoft wants to tap into Nintendo's market. The 360 isn't even half way through it's life cycle yet so please give that 720 talk a rest for the next 5 years or so.

ChrisGamer5757

I agree with most of what you've said, but.... you have got to be on crazy pills to think MS hasn't even started thinking about the next xbox console yet. Yeah it might not be here for a long time, but yeah they have been thinking about it. Testing the waters in architecture of it, demo'd pieces that may be going into it. To be fair, i'm pretty positive they been working on the next one since the current one launched. Considering that all of there competitors do that I'd say if they haven't been then they are behind and better get moving.

YoungSinatra25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 YoungSinatra25
Member since 2009 • 4314 Posts
No 2012 is a good bet for new consoles. (Nintendo/Xbox anyway) Consoles normally have a 6 or 7 year life span. For once MS is actually putting forth effort and believe it or not games are already in developmen for next gent. At E3 Fable creators talked about new products for next gen and Epic has already started development on a next gen engine. And the Newer Xbox was also mentioned as being in a conception/R&D stage... Good seeing as how 360 was an 18 month conception to development stage. I hope they learn from the 360. Also if you ever read a buisness journal fact is MS actually loses money on the hardware side of things it was estimated at 1 billion a year (they got money to burn)... Dont believe me look up everything I've mentioned.
LoserMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 LoserMike
Member since 2003 • 4915 Posts

ChrisGamer5757
But they usually announce new consoles 2 years before its released. So you mean give the 720 talk 2 years of rest. But in all probability it'll be released in 2012-2013 because Nintendo will released the Wii HD and Sony will release the PlayStation 4. They've even started talk about what CPU the PS4 will use.
360hammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 360hammer
Member since 2009 • 2596 Posts

The term "testing ground" made me LOL. I think for obvious reasons.

mxpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 mxpower
Member since 2003 • 198 Posts

The reason Natal is going to use the Xbox CPU is because the Natal has always been planned MORE for the 360's successor than the 360 itself. When the new Xbox comes out in 2010/2011 it will have the xtra horsepower to run the Natal and hardcore games at the same time. The 360 is just a testing ground for the Natal!

JediA_basic
Good to see you on GS forums Mr Gates. It's nice to see that MS decided to announce the next xbox to the fans personally instead of a boring press release to the media.
Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

The Xbox 3 probably is going to implement Natal technology, sadly. Can we have one company stick with traditional gamepads?

HavocV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 HavocV3
Member since 2009 • 8068 Posts

nah.

and it won't be called Xbox 720, Microsoft is better than most companies when it comes to a naming scheme.

I'm sure they'll try the joke again: I know why it's called the Xbox 720, you turn 720 degrees and walk away. Man, I can see that going down all over again lmao:)

Natal only uses 15 percent resources, Wii proved top-notch graphics aren't a necessity, so it doesn't matter, it could use 50-70 percent if need be.

monson21502

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 monson21502
Member since 2009 • 8230 Posts

The XBOX 3 will be with us I think in 3 years. So 2013. But yes, I will agree that Natal may be testing to see whether Microsoft will implement it from the beginning in the XBOX 3.

chelseaman99
hope they dont baise it off sales. but instead base it off what devs can do with it. they know its gonna sell well. when word of mouth hits the schools. we seen how ppl went nuts over natal when they seen just vidoes. but when its out and poeple see it or play it at a friends or at gamestop ect. thats a whole nother story. i just hope devs really do crazy un heard of things with it.
oscar_mateo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 oscar_mateo
Member since 2008 • 692 Posts

If a new console comes out this year and if natal comes out for a new microsoft console that is not the 360 , im gonna be pissed.

Avatar image for guitarsrock4eva
guitarsrock4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 guitarsrock4eva
Member since 2008 • 373 Posts
I think you have to be pretty dense to say MS havn't even started thinking about a new console yet. I expect they started work when the 360 was released.