My Xbox will not sign me into live automatically, even though it's enabled......

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by cyrax453 (1666 posts) -
I cant sign in automatically even though Auto Sign-In was already enabled...everytime I turn my 360 off and back on it just says "kaMMakaZZi9 signed in". I have to MANUALLY click 'Sign in to Xbox Live' for it to do it even though Auto Sign-In is on. And the on the computer it'll say "New Device Detected" every time under my Linksys Router Adviser icon in the bottom right. I think it's because I have a PS3 and 360 using the same router. I sign into the PS3 with no problems but for 360 it wont do it automatically....and when I sign off of XBL I get to the same screen that you get when you Test Your Connection Settings....any ideas here?
#2 Posted by ps2forever (580 posts) -
it has nothing to do with the router. actually, i have the same problem. and i also have 3 other computers connected in my room on a router. but it's really annoying when i have to manually sign in while game starts. but i'll give Xbox a call. i'll keep you posted. if anything new pops up. i'll just IM u.
#3 Posted by cyrax453 (1666 posts) -
Thanks man. It's just so strange. It's really not that big of a deal...because Signing into Xbox Live is never a problem...but I essentially can't sign off of Xbox Live unless I turn my system OFF and BACK ON and never hit "Sign into Xbox Live." What a drag.
#4 Posted by ps2forever (580 posts) -

yea man. i kno , but one more thing with me. is that. i just got a new xbox 360 from repairs. and for some reason...it's really starting to act up agian. !!

#5 Posted by cyrax453 (1666 posts) -
What do you mean act up? I just got mine back from repair literally a week ago.
#6 Posted by cyrax453 (1666 posts) -
Does anyone know whats going on with this..?
Avatar image for theonlyGAMESTER
#7 Posted by theonlyGAMESTER (560 posts) -
Do you have two accounts with it activated?
#8 Posted by cyrax453 (1666 posts) -
I only have 1 gamer profile....and 1 XBL live account.
#9 Posted by Bane_v2 (6104 posts) -
You won't be automatically logged into XBL if your wireless network does not broadcast it's SSID. That's been the only thing I've come across so far that prevents an auto log in.
#10 Posted by donscrillinger (167 posts) -
your right .maybe if you wait for bout an min between cycles of cuttin on the other system.it might not do it .also if you have more than one account on the 360 it has done that to me.but everythings straight now
#11 Posted by Strife88 (6073 posts) -
For the auto-sign in you have to set it when your signed on your account. I think what you did was set it from the dashboard with no profiles signed in.
#12 Posted by cyrax453 (1666 posts) -
I did it through my profile signed on and everything..then I tested to see if it worked by turning the system off and back on. But I still just get "kaMMakaZZi9 Signed In" every time. Then I just click to sign in and it works..it's very odd. My PS3 signs in instantly...I feel that if I try to mess around with my router, I'll just make things worse. XBL works fine so I wont mess with it.
Avatar image for feel_the_heat09
#13 Posted by feel_the_heat09 (25 posts) -
yea i had the same problem u have to press the dashboard button >then go over to settings> then go to profile>auto sign-in>then enable xbox live
Avatar image for Morning_Revival
#14 Posted by Morning_Revival (3475 posts) -
Hey, could you let me know aswell? Mine is doing the same thing haha.