My Xbox Live account got hacked

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Lithium_Fly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Lithium_Fly
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Neh, My account got hacked. Microsoft said they're working on it and they like got the FBI and they'll get it in a month. I just wanna know, is that true, or is that just the regular message and should I just get a new account instead of trying to wait for Microsoft to get it? I mean, I'll wait a month or two, but if it'll take a year, I'd just get a new account. And, for the wait, is it safe to get a non-Live account on the 360 for the wait?
Yorkshire_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Yorkshire_14
Member since 2007 • 227 Posts

What do you mean by safe? Do you mean is Jimi Hendrix gonna see your account on your xbox and smash it up with his guitar? If thats what you mean, your perfectly safe.

soufan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 soufan123
Member since 2007 • 734 Posts

If Live says they'll get it in a month, they'll get it in a month. It should be pretty safe and secure considering they've actually contacted you, but may I ask, how was it hacked?

dvb2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 dvb2k
Member since 2005 • 309 Posts

Surely if Microsoft can confirm that the account is yours, they could just suspend it from Live. Reset the password and give it back to you? Or is it more complex than that and Im just being ignorant.

Lithium_Fly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Lithium_Fly
They're doing some like, investigation or whatever looking for the guy who got my account. They've suspended it, they're just trying to find the guy before they give me back my account. (I got new info today) So, um, nevermind than.
landon-manning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 landon-manning
My Account was hacked on Saturday morning yesterday. I called Microsoft, answered all their questions, twice (Because I talked to a representative, and then I talked to a lady that specialized in getting hacked accounts back, and she asked me the same questions he did) AnyWay, I gotta give Microsoft some MAJOR PROPS. They gave me my account back in LESS THAN 24 HOURS!!!!! They told me they'd call back or e-mail me with info on the investigation, and so I checked my e-mail today to check on it, and I had a MSG from Microsoft saying My account had been locked down, and they gave me a link to get it back. Litteerally, All I had to do was follow the link and choose a new password. That's it.
LostSoul781

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 LostSoul781
Member since 2003 • 1630 Posts

How do you even get your xbox account hacked. Never happened to anyone I know.

joke_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 joke_man
Member since 2005 • 1177 Posts

How do you even get your xbox account hacked. Never happened to anyone I know.

LostSoul781

Really? Getting your Live account "hacked" is like having your car stolen because you left the keys in it........... Most of the people you know are probably smart enough not to leave their keys in their car, or in this case, allowing your password to be compromised thus giving up your Live account. Apparently Microsoft cares enough to help people get their accounts back even though the account holder is at fault. Unlike the insurance company that would probably laugh their butts off if you thought they would compenstate you for your car if you left the keys in it, and it was taken as a result, haha. Props to the big guys.

Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 Wakanoid
Member since 2009 • 4468 Posts

Well hacking microsoft is possible, but. Uhm, I don't think anyones that stupid to hack an xbox live account to get owned by the F.B.I?

Anyway, One of my old really good friends ( We don't really talk anymore) He hacked a bunch of accounts, He'd tell people he'd get them max level on halo and done, sad how foolish people are.

simardbrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 simardbrad
Member since 2004 • 2355 Posts

maybe if people would stop entering their passwords to their live account on phishing sites then this wouldn't happen...

www.xb0x.com/stealaccount.php is NOT a trusted site.

joke_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 joke_man
Member since 2005 • 1177 Posts

Well hacking microsoft is possible, but. Uhm, I don't think anyones that stupid to hack an xbox live account to get owned by the F.B.I?

Anyway, One of my old really good friends ( We don't really talk anymore) He hacked a bunch of accounts, He'd tell people he'd get them max level on halo and done, sad how foolish people are.

Wakanoid

What your "friend" did wasn't hacking Microsoft or Xbox Live accounts.........

FuM3xClan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 FuM3xClan
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
My Account was hacked on Saturday morning yesterday. I called Microsoft, answered all their questions, twice (Because I talked to a representative, and then I talked to a lady that specialized in getting hacked accounts back, and she asked me the same questions he did) AnyWay, I gotta give Microsoft some MAJOR PROPS. They gave me my account back in LESS THAN 24 HOURS!!!!! They told me they'd call back or e-mail me with info on the investigation, and so I checked my e-mail today to check on it, and I had a MSG from Microsoft saying My account had been locked down, and they gave me a link to get it back. Litteerally, All I had to do was follow the link and choose a new password. That's it. landon-manning
I know im late, but how long did they sent you the email? Because i got scammed by a scammer, i gave my email & password to him & he has changed everything on my account. & The guy i talked to on MS said it'll take 7 days untill they send me an email. But i havent gotten it yet.
Schreek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 Schreek
Member since 2007 • 1637 Posts

Wakanoid

That is not hacking, that is lying.