my mw2 disk got a circle scratch on it

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MGamer333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MGamer333
Member since 2008 • 519 Posts

ok today i got mad at my xbox so i decided to kick it since i was mad and mw2 was running in my xbox so then it got scratch. now there is a scratch of a circle on there and it can read the disk but when i get to the multiplayer screen then it would said disk unreadable. I try installing it but it stop at 34% and said disk unreadable. Plz dont tell me to get another copy of the game and install it because i cant go no where right now and dont tell me to rub with toothpaste because i tried that and it made it worse.Is there a way to fix the scratch enough to where i caninstall it to my hardrive?

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts
Rings are the worst scratches a disk can get, you could ask around shops and ask if they can repair it but a ring is the worst scratch you can get and unlike the small scratches arn't fixable by things like toothpaste, you'll just have to wait till you can get it repaired professionally or buy a new copy.
x2926014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 x2926014
Member since 2006 • 1372 Posts

ok today i got mad at my xbox so i decided to kick it since i was mad and mw2 was running in my xbox so then it got scratch. now there is a scratch of a circle on there and it can read the disk but when i get to the multiplayer screen then it would said disk unreadable. I try installing it but it stop at 34% and said disk unreadable. Plz dont tell me to get another copy of the game and install it because i cant go no where right now and dont tell me to rub with toothpaste because i tried that and it made it worse.Is there a way to fix the scratch enough to where i caninstall it to my hardrive?

MGamer333
hmmmm...why...the hell...did...you kick your xbox...Last time i had a rage attack i broke my freaking laptop and boy do i feel dumb....Sugestion? throw that copy into the garbage and get RDR or if you still have your warranty use it...
fear9204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 fear9204
Member since 2009 • 641 Posts

no can do buddy, sry

dean0null

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 dean0null
Member since 2010 • 506 Posts

I LOL'd.

Dude that isn't a brick you're kicking. Jeezus.

MonkeyPulp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MonkeyPulp
Member since 2007 • 443 Posts

MGamer333

ROFL, typical MW2 player

Bazazzar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Bazazzar
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

I know that Activision offers a disk replacement program for 20$.So that is the cheapest possible means to get a new copy.OR you could let a friend to let you borrow his copy if you install it to your HDD your copy in the tray will allow you to play it but it will be glitchy and buggy and may stop working sometimes but yeah.AND if you give your HDD to a friend to install his copy it will NOT WORK it will give you a error saying it only works on the xbox it was installed on.

_Sharpshooter_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#8 _Sharpshooter_
Member since 2008 • 527 Posts

I LOL'd.

Dude that isn't a brick you're kicking. Jeezus.

dean0null
lol
General14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 General14
Member since 2003 • 168 Posts

I know you said that you already tried useing toothpaste, but try it more than once. My COD MW had a circle scrath all the way around it and after cleaning it like8 times with tooth paste the scratch was almost completely gone and the game worked flawlessly.

Matthew-first

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Matthew-first
Member since 2005 • 3318 Posts

I had same thing with Skate2... I remember playing it for the first time after I bought it...
I dropped something heavy on my desk (cant remember really what was that...
*hmm* a walled full of change? *hm* ...
and it caused some strong vibrations... and it got scratched... :

I fixed it with toothpaste and a soft cleaning cloth... I rubbed it for like 10 minutes...
and its a bit still visible.. but works gr8...

I know there are some shops that repair CD's and DVD's by rubbing slim layer from cd...

Colin1192

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Colin1192
Member since 2008 • 6221 Posts

You kicked your xbox? Good lesson for next time

Avatar image for bobbleheadrogue
bobbleheadrogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12 bobbleheadrogue
Member since 2009 • 2203 Posts

MGamer333
don't kick your xbox! its not its fault! Just scream at the television (like I do!) next time k? on topic though, I seriously cannot think of solutions other than buying another copy or bringing it one of the tech stores and offer to pay to have the surface of it smoothened out :P
COSMICX815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 COSMICX815
Member since 2009 • 1053 Posts

its prolly for the best now, especially since there are at least four COD games coming out in the near future. I had to get a new disk after my first one crapped out, and that wasn't from kicking my Xbox either. So you learned something here, No Kick the Box or Buy Brand New One. I think MW2 is finished, a quick set of DLC and thats all the content there will be. Now they want you to look at Black Ops, which to me isnt going to be spectacular. So I think Ill just get Reach, since the Beta is so damn good. Well sorry about your situation, but you did do it to yourself.

wcmiller89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 wcmiller89
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
My advice would be to go to your local videogame/movie rental store and rent MW2. Then when you return the game put your scratched disk in the case and keep the rented one =)
bigM10231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#15 bigM10231
Member since 2008 • 11240 Posts
My advice would be to go to your local videogame/movie rental store and rent MW2. Then when you return the game put your scratched disk in the case and keep the rented one =)wcmiller89
1 post in and he has the best idea yet thank you. no seriously follow this idea
WiiRocks66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 WiiRocks66
Member since 2007 • 3488 Posts

Unless the data strip is scratched, simply get the disk buffered. It is pretty cheap and will make it look brand new.

And don't kick your xbox next time, at least not while it is on with a disk in it.

Avatar image for dudebot12345678
dudebot12345678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 dudebot12345678
Member since 2010 • 840 Posts

MGamer333

go to micro play I also got a scrath and they have a machine to clean the disk but mine was too deep so they gave me 15 dollars of for the limeted edition mw2

balfe1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 balfe1990
Member since 2009 • 6747 Posts

Its laser burn, Google disc repair and find the nearest service...they should fix it perfectly for a few quid

-D3ATH-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 -D3ATH-
Member since 2008 • 615 Posts
Yeah, toothpaste can do wonders.
XxFireHawkXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 XxFireHawkXx
Member since 2009 • 512 Posts
[QUOTE="MGamer333"]

x2926014
hmmmm...why...the hell...did...you kick your xbox...Last time i had a rage attack i broke my freaking laptop and boy do i feel dumb....Sugestion? throw that copy into the garbage and get RDR or if you still have your warranty use it...

This is the sole purpose of my staying away from competitive multiplayer games.
laliberte11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#22 laliberte11
Member since 2008 • 4246 Posts

i get mine resurfaced, just go to a local game store (or call) and ask if they do it...and btw you can only get it resurfaced ONCE

racing1750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#23 racing1750
Member since 2010 • 14567 Posts
[QUOTE="wcmiller89"]My advice would be to go to your local videogame/movie rental store and rent MW2. Then when you return the game put your scratched disk in the case and keep the rented one =)bigM10231
1 post in and he has the best idea yet thank you. no seriously follow this idea

Yep, great idea.