My first Review

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Joeker501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Joeker501
Member since 2004 • 619 Posts

Hey, I just completed writing my first review for Def Jam: Icon.  I would be very interested in hearing any comments on it, as I would like to impove on my review for my next game tomorrow.

Thanks in advace.

Heistenfaust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Heistenfaust
Member since 2006 • 344 Posts

I don't like fighting games so you can't really convince me, but it was still a good review, longer than most user reviews that i've seen and you adressed most aspects of the game. good job!

abattoir_blues

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 abattoir_blues
Member since 2006 • 517 Posts
I think it is funny how people take the customer reviews so seriously, it is not suppose to be like a gamespot staff review.
DirrtyNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 DirrtyNinja
Member since 2006 • 994 Posts
I think it is funny how people take the customer reviews so seriously, it is not suppose to be like a gamespot staff review.abattoir_blues
Jealousy is an ugly trait
anandram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 anandram
Member since 2007 • 1537 Posts
[QUOTE="abattoir_blues"]I think it is funny how people take the customer reviews so seriously, it is not suppose to be like a gamespot staff review.DirrtyNinja
Jealousy is an ugly trait

Nah i know what ninja means, it is quite funny how people try and make em look all proper and have aout 50 typos. Iv written 3 reviews myself but its not a general approach im trying to take (like it is/has to be for gamespot, and what some people try to implement) but its personal experience and i dont try to be accurate-just accurate to what iv learnt from the game/what i know...some people do take em too seriously though. I havent read your review to the poster--but im sure its very good and im glad you are happy you have completed your 1st one. I must put all my games in my collection but cant be bothered to add in 40+ games :(
_Tobli_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 _Tobli_
Member since 2007 • 5733 Posts
Well i though it was very good. You went a little easy on the awkward attack interaction , but that's the only thing that i didn't like.
LUK3isH3RE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 LUK3isH3RE
Member since 2006 • 1492 Posts
I think it is funny how people take the customer reviews so seriously, it is not suppose to be like a gamespot staff review.abattoir_blues
Maybe it's not as serious, but they can be just as informative. It's good to hear reviews from the general public rather than people that are trained to look for faults ect..
Infernoply

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 Infernoply
Member since 2006 • 3012 Posts
its ok but maybe could have put more detail into some parts
Avatar image for ChristopherRage
ChristopherRage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 ChristopherRage
Member since 2007 • 490 Posts
One thing I like about reading reviews from other gamers is the fact that they are in teh sam boat as me. They play the game and they give you their honest opininion without having to follow a specialized format like the major sites or magazines do. Plus i have noticed that if you read enough of a particualr site or magazine you tend to find the biases that these companies have. With a general gamer you don't know their biases so it can be more informative. Hopefully that made sense. Unfortunately there are a lot of people who don't know how to write a review or sound intelligent in that matter. And you feel like you just killed hundreds of brain cells after reading their so called "review." However, Joeker501 you are not one of those people and I enjoyed your review. So...thanks.
anandram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 anandram
Member since 2007 • 1537 Posts
One thing I like about reading reviews from other gamers is the fact that they are in teh sam boat as me. They play the game and they give you their honest opininion without having to follow a specialized format like the major sites or magazines do. Plus i have noticed that if you read enough of a particualr site or magazine you tend to find the biases that these companies have. With a general gamer you don't know their biases so it can be more informative. Hopefully that made sense. Unfortunately there are a lot of people who don't know how to write a review or sound intelligent in that matter. And you feel like you just killed hundreds of brain cells after reading their so called "review." However, Joeker501 you are not one of those people and I enjoyed your review. So...thanks.ChristopherRage
isnt it worse that you dont know what their biases are?