My 360 keeps freezing, what should I do?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Charlie2688

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 Charlie2688
Member since 2005 • 1364 Posts

Well my 360 has been working perfectly since it got back from repair about 5 months ago but today specifically the afternoon it started freezing every 2-3 minutes afterI turned on, oddly it was working perfectly this morning and I even managed to play the GH3 demo for about and hour and no issues I tried doing the same this afternoon and it froze every time after a lapse of 2-3 minutes

any solutions?

wildmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 wildmatt
Member since 2003 • 1242 Posts

lol, I'd tell you to contatc customer support, but god, I know it's so horrible trying to tell them the console is **** and it's not working... oh no, no try this... f**k no I already did like 10 times, it's just not working jesus... And what I wonder is like they must have the same conversation like 10 times a day, it's not different, your stupid solutions won't work!

So man... have fun dude, it sucks, but it maybe your last resort, although I heard Microsoft love the people with blogs, and **** about it on their blog :P... heard they treat them very well haha

dgbiker1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 dgbiker1
Member since 2003 • 2139 Posts
Just stick with it for a couple days, you'll eventually get the RROD and then you can just call MS and get a coffin without arguing with them.
rgsniper1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 rgsniper1
Member since 2003 • 9398 Posts
Get ready for people to tell you not to post in anything but the sticky. Because eventually all 360 owners will more than likely find the need to create the dreaded ring of death story that goes something like this "**** Microsoft, my 360 is busted, I'm switching to a competitor... screw this" thread. Yup.. it happens.
Charlie2688

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Charlie2688
Member since 2005 • 1364 Posts
You are telling me I am getting the RROD for absolutely no reason other than I played the GH3 demo this morning? O.o
dgbiker1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 dgbiker1
That's how mine died. More and more freezing until it wouldn't play more than 30 seconds, and it finally flashed the RROD.
brad1087

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#7 brad1087
Member since 2007 • 759 Posts
Not no reason bro. The damn thing just cooks itself. If mine runs for like an 2 hrs. it just crashes. So sooner or later im sure ill have to get a coffin 2. It would be sweet to get a free elite tho. I heard about people gettin one for RROD. Just remember give em hell on the phone!
killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts

Not no reason bro. The damn thing just cooks itself. If mine runs for like an 2 hrs. it just crashes. So sooner or later im sure ill have to get a coffin 2. It would be sweet to get a free elite tho. I heard about people gettin one for RROD. Just remember give em hell on the phone!brad1087

yeah youre right, give em hell. I had to buy a coffin myself tho O.o

Avatar image for Cerberus_Legion
Cerberus_Legion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Cerberus_Legion
Member since 2007 • 1233 Posts

My 360's been freezing ever since I bought it last year, and thankfully, nothing has happened to it yet. I can even leave it on for eight or so hours and it still doesn't overheat. I don't get it, because it's a 12/05 model and it should be kinda faulty, but I try not to question it. Nevertheless, if your 360 is freezing frequently, perhaps you should contact MS or, if you want, wait until the inevitable happens and then contact MS, with some sort of confirmation. I know one thing; I've sworn that if my 360 ever died on me, I would buy myself a new one, and not wait until MS fixes it and gives me a refurbished system.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts
Get ready for the RROD,my 10 month old 360 just did the same thing with MUA.I restarted the 360 then BAM....I'm so lonely without my 360..
killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts

My 360's been freezing ever since I bought it last year, and thankfully, nothing has happened to it yet. I can even leave it on for eight or so hours and it still doesn't overheat. I don't get it, because it's a 12/05 model and it should be kinda faulty....

Cerberus_Legion

youre lucky man. You never know if and when its gonna happen. me and my friend both bought our system at launch in the same store. Mine died after 5months. he never got any problems untill now...

rahstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 rahstar
Member since 2005 • 544 Posts
Why are you guys ok with this?!?!?! I know the 360 is a great gaming machine, but is it that great. These topics are the only thing that scares me from getting one. Three of my co-workers have faulty 360's. I think i would be pissed if i was in your shoes.
Avatar image for Cerberus_Legion
Cerberus_Legion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Cerberus_Legion
Member since 2007 • 1233 Posts

Why are you guys ok with this?!?!?! I know the 360 is a great gaming machine, but is it that great. These topics are the only thing that scares me from getting one. Three of my co-workers have faulty 360's. I think i would be pissed if i was in your shoes.rahstar

Perhaps because so many people have encountered the problem, it's no longer so much an unexpected hazard than it is a necessary solution to a more stable, maintained 360? I honestly don't know, but since so many gamers have encountered the problem, it's nothing new and it's best to tell those confronting the problem that something can and might just happen to it.

swizzlar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 swizzlar
Member since 2005 • 638 Posts
try removing any accessories connected to it and playing the console without them and see if it makes any difference. cuz my one was freezing as well but i noticed it never did it untill i got my hd dvd drvie so i removed it and voila it doesnt freeze anymore.
dgbiker1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 dgbiker1
Why are you guys ok with this?!?!?! I know the 360 is a great gaming machine, but is it that great. These topics are the only thing that scares me from getting one. Three of my co-workers have faulty 360's. I think i would be pissed if i was in your shoes.rahstar
I'm not. My 360 is going on sale the second I get it back and make sure it's working.
GirlOnDuty44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#16 GirlOnDuty44
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Like almost the exact same thing has been happening to me. I played one morning and it was perfectly fine and when I got home for school I tried to play it and it would freeze every two minutes. Like it would run smoothly and then freeze with little almost white dashes in it. I have a white 360 but its not even old and it has a fan. Im confused.
cthecoffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 cthecoffee
Member since 2003 • 1432 Posts

are you playing with a play and charge cord pluged in? if so try unplugging it and playing just with batterys in your controler. i had a problem with freezing every few mins and it was due to the wire somehow.

Business_Fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Business_Fun
Member since 2009 • 2282 Posts

Just be there for it. Public speaking is not everyone's idea of a good time and there is no silver bullet for stage fright. You just need to be patient.