This topic is locked from further discussion.

arsenal262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 arsenal262
Member since 2010 • 592 Posts

Hi, so I saw the new trailer for MW3 detailing the new perk system and what I got from it is that you now gain perks from kills instead of starting with permanent ones. Is this just a game mode or with all the mp because if it is the balance will be completely off.

Djmaster214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Djmaster214
Member since 2005 • 3240 Posts

Hi, so I saw the new trailer for MW3 detailing the new perk system and what I got from it is that you now gain perks from kills instead of starting with permanent ones. Is this just a game mode or with all the mp because if it is the balance will be completely off.

arsenal262
lol as if cod multiplayer ever had balance to begin with
NirdBerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 NirdBerd
Member since 2007 • 2113 Posts

I dunno why people talk about balance in multiplayer gaming.

A balanced game is when your connections are absoutely equal, you are using the exact same weapons and there is no map advantage near either side of wherever someone spawns.

I don't believe something like a Sniper rifle (powerful, but only useful long range) vs Shotgun (powerful, but only useful at short range) is balanced, I disagree.

But anyway, on topic.. I never heard of earning perks in-game, I think that was a new game mode as I have seen create-a-class videos for MW3 and people have perks set up.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#4 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
i think that was a kill streak video you seen.
EricTheJimmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 EricTheJimmy
Member since 2004 • 617 Posts

bf3

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#6 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

bf3

EricTheJimmy
ooo be quite... go somewhere. This crap is getting old. Plsy the games that look good to you and don't worry about others.
INF1DEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 INF1DEL
Member since 2006 • 2083 Posts
From what I saw I believe you can choose one of three different classes. Two classes each get different types of standard killstreak rewards and the other gets extra perks instead. (Obligatory 'Battlefield is better' comment.)
Avatar image for dragonslayerssj
dragonslayerssj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 dragonslayerssj
Member since 2003 • 1974 Posts
What happens is you still choose your 3 perks you want to have, then you choose a strike package (which are like your kill streaks). the one strike package gives you a new perk every two kills so after 8 kills they say you will have all the perks in the game making you a "super soldier". i think there are more perks than just 7 though so not sure on that.
Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Overlord93
Member since 2007 • 12602 Posts
It's quite complicated, by choosing the perk gain system (strike package) replacing your killstreaks You choose which perks to gain when you get kills. When you get so many kills (2 I believe) you get one perk (the perk gained is chosen by the user in the lobby), then when you get 4 kills you get another, 6 kills another, and at 8 kills without dying you get given every perk. Since this is effectively a killstreak, it's unlikely to be overpowered. Most people will use the standard assault package rather than this.