Mw2 Multiplayer achievements

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Wakanoid
Member since 2009 • 4468 Posts

I'd love to see multiplayer achievements like halo 3 has in the multiplayer dlc map packs, what about you guys?

Colin1192

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Colin1192
Member since 2008 • 6221 Posts

i am not a fan of multiplayer achievements.

Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Wakanoid

Well I think it'd be fun, actually enjoying trying to get achievements, Give us a few of em and give us 5g's for each.

I'd enjoy it.

Unformed_Pizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Unformed_Pizza
Member since 2009 • 30 Posts

I agree. Other online shooters offer it such as Quantam of solice (Spelling?) (which is C**P) as them

Andrn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Andrn
Member since 2008 • 2098 Posts
With a game like Modern Warfare, maybe. Other games, no, because they usually don't have the staying power to keep a community.
wwervin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 wwervin
Member since 2003 • 10274 Posts
I don't like multiplayer achievements for games like CoD because they have a new game every year and it's tough to get into the multiplayer part of it unless you get the game right away. Also I hate tedious little achievements where it requires you to do a lot yet only gives you 5g.. I'd rather stick to the leveling system MW2 already has.
Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Wakanoid

What's the difference if it has no achievements.. To If it has achievements though?

Minds well put something in.

Avatar image for monkeymoose5000
monkeymoose5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 monkeymoose5000
Member since 2007 • 6111 Posts

Minds well put something in.

Wakanoid
wut I don't get the appeal of achievements either.
Aaron89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Aaron89
Member since 2003 • 3377 Posts

There are always going to be some losers who want to boost for MP achievements. I'm already sick of level boosting in MW2; the last thing I need are some kids asking "You guys wanna go for x achievement?" before every match.

So, reasons to not have it:

1. It'll promote even more boosting
  2. There's already a decent leveling and challenge system
  3. They're a pain to get; I'd rather have "difficult" achievements than some that require luck
wwervin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 wwervin
Member since 2003 • 10274 Posts

There are always going to be some losers who want to boost for MP achievements. I'm already sick of level boosting in MW2; the last thing I need are some kids asking "You guys wanna go for x achievement?" before every match.

So, reasons to not have it:

1. It'll promote even more boosting
  2. There's already a decent leveling and challenge system
  3. They're a pain to get; I'd rather have "difficult" achievements than some that require luck

Aaron89

I agree with all 3 of your points. Boosting is an annoyance as it is. It's like when you see the 2 kids at the corner of the map killing eachother to get a nuke.. it just irritates you.

And yeah I've been asked "hey do you guys wanna get this challenge??" I love the leveling system we have now. The challenges are as the title suggests, challenging, and there's just no need for an extra system thrown in there. It'll throw everything off balance. IW tried to give us multiplayer achievements with spec ops, that was fair enough, we don't need them in online multiplayer as well.

And I'm thinking of some of Halo 3's achievements.. they are sooo annoying to get. Certain achievements require a lot of luck rather than skill to obtain and I hate that. Not to mention when you do get lucky and get one of these things it's only worth like 5g.. talk about annoying.

Orgymang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Orgymang
Member since 2003 • 314 Posts

You'll never see multiplayer achievements in any of the Call of Duty games that Infinity Ward makes because they have openly stated they hate multiplayer achievements.

CGogoel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 CGogoel
Member since 2006 • 86 Posts
Plus they added emblems and titles already, great addition
orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#13 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
I think it'd be super cool. Having like 20 multiplayer achievements each worth 5G like Halo 3 does. It'd be cool. But then people will start complaining saying people would be achievement boosting.
Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Wakanoid

I think it'd be super cool. Having like 20 multiplayer achievements each worth 5G like Halo 3 does. It'd be cool. But then people will start complaining saying people would be achievement boosting.orb_03_2006

Or you can have the fun of doing it yourself without boosting? I don't care if people boost, they can do what they want I prefer trying to get my achievements the right way.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9357e99ffb8
deactivated-5e9357e99ffb8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 deactivated-5e9357e99ffb8
Member since 2007 • 1255 Posts

I can't stand them. Halo 3's were just ridiculous, but yet i still got most of them:| anyway.. The only one's that I really did like going for were in Rainbow Six: Vegas 2. Those were great because they weren't specific. for example: 1000 kills in Multiplayer with more than 6 Players in the match. I liked that because it was simple, yet rewarding.

But of course, Thats just my opinion :P

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#16 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
I don't really care. I do like multiplayer achievements. It's more motivation to try out the multiplayer more thoroughly, it's a goal to work toward and you get the since that the developers cares more about the multiplayer, but it's a little annoying when people sit in the lobby begging for other people to help them boost for an achievement. But it's not like thats anything new in Call of Duty what with people wanting to boost for titles, emblems, ranks, challenges and the like. It'd just be a drop i nthe bucket.
Kcdragon8116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#17 Kcdragon8116
Member since 2008 • 1300 Posts
Spec Ops achievements are fine. I don't want achievements in multiplayer games, as it requires too much luck or time (Battlefield Bad Company anyone?) to get every achievement. I want single player achievements that I can get on my own time.
KamikazeDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 137

User Lists: 1

#18 KamikazeDonut
Member since 2008 • 3016 Posts

Ummm...that' s why we have challenges in the game, we don' t need multiplayer achievements.

BadNewsBen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 BadNewsBen
Member since 2009 • 1493 Posts

This is a tough subject for me. On one hand, I hate the games with multiplayer Achievements when you enter into a game and everyone starts scheming to help each other get the Achievement. Thats annoying, and ruins the game. On the other hand, I love Achievements, and I don't feel like going through a campaign more than once so I can get all of them. It would be nice to see a balance, but I just don't see any way of getting that balance.

salxis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 salxis
Member since 2009 • 4280 Posts
Title, call signs = achievement without numbers and actually gives you something