MW2 disk weaker?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for scouttrooperbob
scouttrooperbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#1 scouttrooperbob
Member since 2008 • 2439 Posts

I have multiple friends, including myself, whos MW2 disk is cracking in the center. this is the only game that ive owned thats done this. Is it a more fragile disk?

ASRCSR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 ASRCSR
Member since 2008 • 2793 Posts

It could be just a bad batch of DVD's or if you play that game a lot, and you 360 gets really hot as well the rapid heating and cooling could crack it.

IzzieWaru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 IzzieWaru
Member since 2010 • 905 Posts

I'm wondering. I bought it in November, and put maybe 10 hours on it before my xbox started getting "disc read" errors. Has virtually no scratches, and I've always kept it in my case. It's the ONLY game I've ever had a problem with.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#4 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
lol.. It's only disc i own, that won't play right when it's not installed lol. I play it for two mins uninstalled and kicks me out. i install it. never will have a issue when i installing it... I treat it no different then my other games. My halo 3 copy is beat up way way more then cod and it work 100% fine like no joke i use throw that disc because the beat downs sucked so much when the game released. only game i have done that with lol. surprised i haven't done it with cod because of noob tubes yet
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#5 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
I don't think it's the disc, I think it's the part of the box that hold the disc thats the problem. You kinda have to force it in there harder. I'd suggest any games you get in the same kind of box that you instead use something else to hold the disc.
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#6 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
My halo 3 copy is beat up way way more then cod and it work 100% fine like no joke i use throw that disc because the beat downs sucked so much when the game released. only game i have done that with lol. surprised i haven't done it with cod because of noob tubes yetk2theswiss
Lol, I almost forgot about that. They patched that so long ago.
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 k2theswiss

[QUOTE="k2theswiss"]My halo 3 copy is beat up way way more then cod and it work 100% fine like no joke i use throw that disc because the beat downs sucked so much when the game released. only game i have done that with lol. surprised i haven't done it with cod because of noob tubes yetvashkey

Lol, I almost forgot about that. They patched that so long ago.

ya... surprised that even pass testing... if it was like that in the beta surprised it got past that (didn't play the beta) it was horrible... one takes out your whole shield and other takes 10% of your shield and u both die wtf... then random wins wow...

biggest halo fails besides the kid kills his parants for the game

Rhino53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Rhino53
Member since 2008 • 2552 Posts

I've had a couple of friend's disk break, too

goki1012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 goki1012
Member since 2010 • 449 Posts
You and your friends... install your games to your HDD! - approx. 6 gb per game - faster load times - doesn't scratch disk - plays a scratched disk - quieter system - prevents rrod
goki1012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 goki1012
You and your friends... install your games to your HDD! - approx. 6 gb per game - faster load times - doesn't scratch disk - plays a scratched disk - quieter system - prevents rrodgoki1012
- that's how much space it takes up - probably won't notice a huge difference, but it's worth it if you have a big HDD. furthurmore, you can just save game data on a usb flash drive for more storage - really. the disk doesn't spin. you only insert the disk to verify that you have the game - as long as the game is installed, it will read the game and play. if yours is already scratched, borrow a friend's disk and then you'll be alright. it occasionally may not read it, but if you return to the dashboard you should be ok. - since the disk doesn't spin, your xbox is quieter. - prevents rrod because while the disk is not spinning, xbox won't overheat because disk isn't causing a lot of heat to disperse. and now your disk doesn't come out like burnt bread :)
Rhino53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Rhino53
Member since 2008 • 2552 Posts

Too bad I don't play it anymore...

bradly_2795

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 bradly_2795
Member since 2004 • 948 Posts

I haven't had this happen to my MW2 disk but I have had it happen to a copy of Forza 2 and now my Forza 3 is developing one as well. I just got my new Slims last week though so I'm installing any games that ever had a problem like that.

goki1012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 goki1012

I haven't had this happen to my MW2 disk but I have had it happen to a copy of Forza 2 and now my Forza 3 is developing one as well. I just got my new Slims last week though so I'm installing any games that ever had a problem like that.

bradly_2795
I don't know if this is legit, but I saw a video where this guy scratches a disk that was in a Slim in E3. It's funny how the new Jasper chip models fix the scratching disk problem and they just seen to go back to scratching disks on the Slim.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e9357e99ffb8
deactivated-5e9357e99ffb8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5e9357e99ffb8
Member since 2007 • 1255 Posts

[QUOTE="bradly_2795"]

goki1012

I don't know if this is legit, but I saw a video where this guy scratches a disk that was in a Slim in E3. It's funny how the new Jasper chip models fix the scratching disk problem and they just seen to go back to scratching disks on the Slim.

Jasper didn't fix the disk scratching problem :lol: Jasper is to help with RROD's. It the laser and the actual drive that ruins the disk if you move it. Jasper has nothing to do with it.

goki1012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 goki1012
[QUOTE="Hobbsey07"]

[QUOTE="goki1012"][QUOTE="bradly_2795"]

Jasper didn't fix the disk scratching problem :lol: Jasper is to help with RROD's. It the laser and the actual drive that ruins the disk if you move it. Jasper has nothing to do with it.

I happened to play a DVD and I rotated my Xbox 360 back and forth vigourisly. It didn't scratch xD
Avatar image for deactivated-5e9357e99ffb8
deactivated-5e9357e99ffb8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5e9357e99ffb8
Member since 2007 • 1255 Posts

[QUOTE="Hobbsey07"]

[QUOTE="goki1012"] I don't know if this is legit, but I saw a video where this guy scratches a disk that was in a Slim in E3. It's funny how the new Jasper chip models fix the scratching disk problem and they just seen to go back to scratching disks on the Slim. goki1012

I happened to play a DVD and I rotated my Xbox 360 back and forth vigourisly. It didn't scratch xD

Rotate as in kept it sideways, or actually tilted it?

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 k2theswiss
[QUOTE="goki1012"]You and your friends... install your games to your HDD! - approx. 6 gb per game - faster load times - doesn't scratch disk - plays a scratched disk - quieter system - prevents rrodgoki1012
- that's how much space it takes up - probably won't notice a huge difference, but it's worth it if you have a big HDD. furthurmore, you can just save game data on a usb flash drive for more storage - really. the disk doesn't spin. you only insert the disk to verify that you have the game - as long as the game is installed, it will read the game and play. if yours is already scratched, borrow a friend's disk and then you'll be alright. it occasionally may not read it, but if you return to the dashboard you should be ok. - since the disk doesn't spin, your xbox is quieter. - prevents rrod because while the disk is not spinning, xbox won't overheat because disk isn't causing a lot of heat to disperse. and now your disk doesn't come out like burnt bread :)

wow respawn to your own post... actually the disc dose spin lol at the start up and sometimes during gameplay u can hear dvd drive kick up once in the blue moon during gameplay
StudySession

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 StudySession
Member since 2009 • 1539 Posts

I think the new cases that use less plastic seem to crack the disk if you are not careful.

MazehcS0ul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MazehcS0ul
Member since 2009 • 1773 Posts

Nah, I got the game when it came out, I installed it to the HDD and no scatches and no problems with it.

goki1012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 goki1012
[QUOTE="goki1012"][QUOTE="goki1012"]You and your friends... install your games to your HDD! - approx. 6 gb per game - faster load times - doesn't scratch disk - plays a scratched disk - quieter system - prevents rrodk2theswiss

wow respawn to your own post... actually the disc dose spin lol at the start up and sometimes during gameplay u can hear dvd drive kick up once in the blue moon during gameplay

It spins when you boot up your 360 and sometimes when you play online.
mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

#21 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

well i have yet to have that happen to cod mw 2 ,,

but my forza 3 is starting to

and my gta iv has cracked 5 times already ! in the same spot as you mention , ,

i think its the 360 causing the problem , ,

cause its happened to so many games /copies and 1 dvd-national lampoon vacation double feature the one that has the first 2 vacation movies on one disc

so ya , i find it hard to believe the disc is weak , it is the 360 no matter how strong the disc ,

i bet if i left a bluray or wii game run inside my 360 it would do the same thing