MOHAA Demo Out - Impressions

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Magebane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Magebane
Member since 2003 • 362 Posts

Yep, the demo's out.

IMPRESSIONS-

Dropping anywhere feels fun, has the classic Medal of Honor-strapped-to-your-seat feel. (i.e. rollercoaster), gameplay mechanic other than dropping/free roaming/weapon upgrades feels tired though.

Honestly, I really like the weapon upgrades - can't tell from demo whether or not it will be significant in the game, but I believe it will add to the experience. (ALTHOUGH THE HIGHLY TOUTED *BULLET TIME* SEQUENCE UPON "LEVELLING UP" A WEAPON IS BASICALLY USELESS - unless your timing is godlike, because it's hard to see far away enemies when it's activated)

Game felt difficult, which I enjoy. Controls (X360) were iffy, clicking down on left analog to run was somewhat of a hassle.

Graphics were alright. Not highly polished, yet very detailed and fitting. Grenade explosions looked cool and being able to cook your grenades helped.

Enemy A.I. seemed intelligent, they retreat, flank, and persist on bashing you to death if you walk into a room full of them. (Which I found cool, anyone else see that? Walk into a room where theres a ton of enemies and they will charge you - very realistic considering 1 v alot = you getting mobbed IRL.

OVERALL

May be a rental just to knock out singe-player campaign. Of course these are early impressions and the actual product will have to be judged (MULTIPLAYER IS A BIG FACTOR, IF IT'S STABLE AND HAS WELL PLACED ACHIEVEMENTS a la GEARS OF WAR then perhaps this will hold over til Halo3.)

If anyone felt different let me know, I'm doing this because I want to get a general consensus on the game - thus making it a group "experiment" to see if the game will be "purchase worthy" when the time comes.

Kevondadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Kevondadon
Member since 2007 • 309 Posts

Yep, the demo's out.

IMPRESSIONS-

Dropping anywhere feels fun, has the classic Medal of Honor-strapped-to-your-seat feel. (i.e. rollercoaster), gameplay mechanic other than dropping/free roaming/weapon upgrades feels tired though.

Honestly, I really like the weapon upgrades - can't tell from demo whether or not it will be significant in the game, but I believe it will add to the experience. (ALTHOUGH THE HIGHLY TOUTED *BULLET TIME* SEQUENCE UPON "LEVELLING UP" A WEAPON IS BASICALLY USELESS - unless your timing is godlike, because it's hard to see far away enemies when it's activated)

Game felt difficult, which I enjoy. Controls (X360) were iffy, clicking down on left analog to run was somewhat of a hassle.

Graphics were alright. Not highly polished, yet very detailed and fitting. Grenade explosions looked cool and being able to cook your grenades helped.

Enemy A.I. seemed intelligent, they retreat, flank, and persist on bashing you to death if you walk into a room full of them. (Which I found cool, anyone else see that? Walk into a room where theres a ton of enemies and they will charge you - very realistic considering 1 v alot = you getting mobbed IRL.

OVERALL

May be a rental just to knock out singe-player campaign. Of course these are early impressions and the actual product will have to be judged (MULTIPLAYER IS A BIG FACTOR, IF IT'S STABLE AND HAS WELL PLACED ACHIEVEMENTS a la GEARS OF WAR then perhaps this will hold over til Halo3.)

If anyone felt different let me know, I'm doing this because I want to get a general consensus on the game - thus making it a group "experiment" to see if the game will be "purchase worthy" when the time comes.

Magebane

Hold over till halo? You need something to hold you for 1 month? You can't just play what you got? That is why people be broke. They spend money on games that last only 1 month.

Avatar image for depresedmichfan
depresedmichfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 depresedmichfan
Member since 2005 • 1109 Posts

Actually, i think a game lasting a month is pretty long lasting.

Jimmybones79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Jimmybones79
Member since 2004 • 1027 Posts

Didn't like it.

Stealth-Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Stealth-Gunner
Member since 2004 • 4166 Posts

Didn't like it.

Jimmybones79

Me neither, it looked allright but it really didn't appeal to me. Staying away from this one.

Magebane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Magebane
Member since 2003 • 362 Posts

"

Hold over till halo? You need something to hold you for 1 month? You can't just play what you got? That is why people be broke. They spend money on games that last only 1 month.

"

I was merely implying that no matter where you're at gaming wise on 360 when Sept 25th hits, it will end. Halo3 will probably be you're main focus for a long time. don't get me wrong, frivalous purchases are not my cup of tea. I own 3 Xbox360 games currently, and will probably always fluctuate between 2-3.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

Didn't like it.

Jimmybones79

Yup, me neither.

The controls were sloppy and the AI was braindead.

-James-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 -James-
Member since 2006 • 655 Posts
I thought it was the fungus of the fungus that fed off of the pond scum... In a word - ****
ag1002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 ag1002
Member since 2004 • 13499 Posts
I didn't like it.
zidan4000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#10 zidan4000
Member since 2006 • 3167 Posts
everything was cool in the demo and makes you feel like you are in a real war , but no cover behind objects and your enemies can do that is just lame.
Avatar image for Screamin_EaGLes
Screamin_EaGLes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Screamin_EaGLes
Member since 2006 • 2278 Posts
the demo was fun, im getting this game but maybe not cuz im getting stranglehold. i like the lean shooting, i use it as cover. the freedom to attack which objectives you wanna do first is awesome. so many good games coming out september so i'll probably get this
OMGFINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#12 OMGFINE
Member since 2005 • 2434 Posts
I liked the demo, & I also got a few questions about the series... I only owned one MoH before, & I really liked it, because it started of on D-day & pretty quickly you were doing special missions pretty muchon your own... I was wondering if the series is still like that? or is it like CoDwere you pretty much alwayshave a platoon at your side?
omrikk87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 omrikk87
Member since 2005 • 1322 Posts

i never liked MOH before , AA was good , but... i always loved COD (even though the AI is horrible) , and i guess this is another title i wont play

niwom510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 niwom510
Member since 2005 • 589 Posts
I read a review on OXM (Magazine) that the singleplayer is very mediocre but the multiplayer is very fun.
V_Isle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 V_Isle
Member since 2006 • 1785 Posts
Meh I don't think there has been a real good WWII shooter since COD 2, so I might give the demo a try. I remember reading the Game Informer cover story like a year ago and it sounded promising..