MOH Warfighter beta impressions?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

brh2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 brh2010
Member since 2012 • 27 Posts

Just wondering what everyone who's played the beta thinks of it?

To be entirely honest, I got a huge "been there, done that" vibe when playing. I mean, it was fun but it's nothing I haven't done a thousand times before. I think I've officially moved this game into my "meh" category.

But, that's just my opinion. Still curious to read what everyone else thought.

driftingsilvia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 driftingsilvia
Member since 2005 • 4089 Posts

At this point in gaming, there's not much that hasn't been done. Now it's more about doing it better than everyone else. With that said, I'd like to know what others thought too because I didn't play it lol.

Warablo13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Warablo13
Member since 2009 • 1289 Posts
It just felt like a unpolished Battlefield game.. Though I was expecting that because it runs on the same engine.. Though the LB peak/cover thing still interests me.. Same with the menus/options the weapons and stuff have..
mrsniper83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 114

#4 mrsniper83
Member since 2009 • 1552 Posts
I think its trash.There is nothing about this beta that makes me want to buy, rent or even borrow this game when it comes out.I was a fan of the last MOH game but I really don't like what they have done so far with this one.....
immortality20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#5 immortality20
Member since 2005 • 8546 Posts

I think its trash.There is nothing about this beta that makes me want to buy, rent or even borrow this game when it comes out.I was a fan of the last MOH game but I really don't like what they have done so far with this one.....mrsniper83

I only play it for the single player, and it'd be pretty much impossible not to have a better single player than the last one. Just so short and terrible (as was BF3).

maaatter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 maaatter
Member since 2011 • 42 Posts

So many bad thoughts. And to think I was actually interested in this game..

jrorl63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jrorl63
Member since 2003 • 723 Posts
The details and gameplay in this one is pretty terrible imo
rawrB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 rawrB
Member since 2009 • 627 Posts

i really like it, played it for a few hours already. i was a fan of moh since allied assault and always loved their games. its alot better than the 2010 moh that was terrible i still bought it and played it but it sucked ass there like 3 or 4 guns i really like the spec forces theme and picking ur country sort of thing

jrorl63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 jrorl63
Member since 2003 • 723 Posts

i really like it, played it for a few hours already. i was a fan of moh since allied assault and always loved their games. its alot better than the 2010 moh that was terrible i still bought it and played it but it sucked ass there like 3 or 4 guns i really like the spec forces theme and picking ur country sort of thing

rawrB
Really...?
driftingsilvia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 driftingsilvia
Member since 2005 • 4089 Posts

Well I downloaded the beta. The gameplay to me seems really boring and bland. The graphics don't seem to be on par with frostbite. The only thing I can compare it to is a f2p pc game on low res settings. And before you say "well it's just the beta", that may be so but a beta gives you a idea of what the finished product can be.

Avatar image for scouttrooperbob
scouttrooperbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#11 scouttrooperbob
Member since 2008 • 2439 Posts

I like the attentian to detail as far as everything modern combat goes. Alot of people are complaining that the movement is clunky, no Sh!t its clunky your running around getting shot at.Im a big tactica shooter fan so I am extremly impressed with the over all experience. This is not a runn and gun game and it doesnt give you super human abilities like COD. The classes arnt over powered and theres alot of weapon customization. People take a rational amount of damage. I feel the map choice was bad for the Frostbite 2 engine because the Frostbite 2 engine looks alot better in day time settings like in BF3. Im getting it.

mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 1

#12 mrgab
Member since 2005 • 23329 Posts

Well I downloaded the beta. The gameplay to me seems really boring and bland. The graphics don't seem to be on par with frostbite. The only thing I can compare it to is a f2p pc game on low res settings. And before you say "well it's just the beta", that may be so but a beta gives you a idea of what the finished product can be.

driftingsilvia
Same, after playing it a bit, took it off my rental list.
MaddenBowler10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 1

#13 MaddenBowler10
Member since 2005 • 8999 Posts
The gameplay videos before this beta came out looked really solid. After playing the beta for a few matches, I can tell they were showing off the game playing on the highest resolution on a PC rather than the 360 because the graphics in this beta are downright "meh" . For one, I think the Frostbite engine has continued to be one of the most overhyped/overrated engines in gaming. Now they continue to use it in MOH and we still are not getting 60FPS in a game with small maps. We have been getting that with Call of Duty since 2007. Sorry but the bland graphics and been there done that gameplay has me skipping this game this fall.
bigpapi342007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 bigpapi342007
Member since 2007 • 246 Posts
The game is just terrible in my opinion, it's a bad battlefield IMO.. I was actually interested in this game but after playing the beta, I was so disappointed
VoodooHak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 VoodooHak
Member since 2002 • 15989 Posts

I like the attentian to detail as far as everything modern combat goes. Alot of people are complaining that the movement is clunky, no Sh!t its clunky your running around getting shot at.Im a big tactica shooter fan so I am extremly impressed with the over all experience. This is not a runn and gun game and it doesnt give you super human abilities like COD. The classes arnt over powered and theres alot of weapon customization. People take a rational amount of damage. I feel the map choice was bad for the Frostbite 2 engine because the Frostbite 2 engine looks alot better in day time settings like in BF3. Im getting it.

scouttrooperbob

I agree on all counts.

I was really surprised they cared enough to get the licensing to use the brand names on the parts, unlike Ghost Recon Future Soldier. +1 brownie points from me. There's just something kinda cool to see recognizable names like Magpul or Trijicon.

One thing I still haven't seen yet is something screams "this is an MOH game". Yes, the pacing is a hair slower than COD, but it all seems very been-there-done-that. I guess I'll have to wait until more game modes come out.

What I really want to see is how they treat operators from the different countries. Is it just a cosmetic palette swap?

moej88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#16 moej88
Member since 2007 • 799 Posts

Hi,

I havent downloaded the beta yet, but maybe you guys know the answer to these questions:

- Can you communciate between fire teams ? So if we are 4 friends and seprated into 2 fire teams would we be able to talk to each other ?

- is the party system limited to only 2 ? or can you have more people in a pary and then join ?

Avatar image for GhettoBlastin92
GhettoBlastin92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GhettoBlastin92
Member since 2012 • 1231 Posts
i thought it was pretty bad tbh.
Schreek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Schreek
Member since 2007 • 1637 Posts

It's bad. I was hoping with the recent release of Battlefield 3 hitting its stride Medal of Honor: Warfighter would benefit. It so far appears that didn't happen.

scouttrooperbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 scouttrooperbob

Hi,

I havent downloaded the beta yet, but maybe you guys know the answer to these questions:

- Can you communciate between fire teams ? So if we are 4 friends and seprated into 2 fire teams would we be able to talk to each other ?

- is the party system limited to only 2 ? or can you have more people in a pary and then join ?

moej88

You can party up with 10 people max, but you will still have to remain in 2 man fire teams. As ar as communicating with other fireteams im not sure, but you can get in a party with people if absolutly neccasary. You should defenatly try it though. Its one of those games you eather love or hate.

cejay0813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#20 cejay0813
Member since 2004 • 1940 Posts

I won't speak on the graphics judging by the noticable difference between the BF3 beta and final product.

The gameplay feels like BF3 just no vehicles, which I actually enjoy. It's nice to have bouts where I don't have to worry about being taken out by a tank or helicopter at every turn. Basically, from that one map, it appears they are going for a more close quarters game.

I'm really enjoying the attention to detail put in for the weapons of the game. These guys really did their homework and it definitely aids in the immersion. If you're seriously considering not picking this up based off the beta alone then I'm assuming you didn't pick up BF3 after its beta, because the BF3 beta was no where near on par in terms of gameplay, and the MOH beta surpasses it at least on that front. To all that participated in the BF3 beta you know what I'm talking about.

I also like how they put special forces units from other countries besides America and you can choose whichever one you want and apparently these differences are not wholly cosmetic:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/10/08/medal-of-honor-warfighter-doing-things-differently

Additionally, people are not bullet sponges, and laser shooting is non-existent, but that's moreso a COD issue when it comes to shooters. Turned on the surround sound and was of course blown away by the audio.

Avatar image for Cyanide4Suicid3
Cyanide4Suicid3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Cyanide4Suicid3
Member since 2012 • 733 Posts
I have it downloading upstairs so Ill come back once Ive played it.
moej88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#22 moej88
Member since 2007 • 799 Posts

[QUOTE="moej88"]

Hi,

scouttrooperbob

You can party up with 10 people max, but you will still have to remain in 2 man fire teams. As ar as communicating with other fireteams im not sure, but you can get in a party with people if absolutly neccasary. You should defenatly try it though. Its one of those games you eather love or hate.

Thanks for the input man, I really hope that it is possible to communciate with other fire teams, as it will be essential when playing with friends

Cyanide4Suicid3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Cyanide4Suicid3
I played it for 5 minutes and I turned it off. Just didnt like it.
Papadrach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Papadrach
Member since 2008 • 1965 Posts

Bad, the menus suck. Picking classes and loadouts is too confusing and not straightforward. The gameplay is terrible and floaty. CoD has better shooting IMO. Guns actually feel like they pack a punch. I just dont get this game at all...

RedChuckz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 RedChuckz
Member since 2006 • 830 Posts
The game is REAL disappointing by the videos it looks amazing but overall experience with the beta nothing to great my own opinion its not worth the 60 dollars will probably wait till it gets down to 20 just to lay the single player but that if.
drerwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 drerwin
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Im really hoping the real game is better haha..btw any of u looking for a clan we have one http://www.saskmilitia.com/ we just need more guys to play with!! Thats our website..just register and youll find the info needed for moh or bf3!
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#27 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Not bad, not amazing either, will think about it!

scouttrooperbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 scouttrooperbob

Bad, the menus suck. Picking classes and loadouts is too confusing and not straightforward. The gameplay is terrible and floaty. CoD has better shooting IMO. Guns actually feel like they pack a punch. I just dont get this game at all...

Papadrach

The menus and customization/ character selection are actually quite good once you get used to them. You can do alot of things at once within a group while they are playing or you are playing.

brh2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29 brh2010
Member since 2012 • 27 Posts

I played it for 5 minutes and I turned it off. Just didnt like it. Cyanide4Suicid3

Pretty much what I did as well. Wasn't impressed at all.

Cyanide4Suicid3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Cyanide4Suicid3

[QUOTE="Cyanide4Suicid3"]I played it for 5 minutes and I turned it off. Just didnt like it. brh2010

I really liked the first one, but not this one. The text on the screen is way too small. Maybe I should make the jump to an HDTV, but I just dont have the money and I really dont think I should have to squint my eyes just to play a game. The character customization didnt make much sense to me. Like I said, the text was too small so I didnt know what gun or equipment I had and that was annoying. All together, just a very bad first impression
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#31 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

[QUOTE="brh2010"]

[QUOTE="Cyanide4Suicid3"]I played it for 5 minutes and I turned it off. Just didnt like it. Cyanide4Suicid3

I really liked the first one, but not this one. The text on the screen is way too small. Maybe I should make the jump to an HDTV, but I just dont have the money and I really dont think I should have to squint my eyes just to play a game. The character customization didnt make much sense to me. Like I said, the text was too small so I didnt know what gun or equipment I had and that was annoying. All together, just a very bad first impression

I had zero problems with it, maybe you really do need a new HDTV, also, the character customization is really good.

Cyanide4Suicid3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Cyanide4Suicid3

[QUOTE="Cyanide4Suicid3"][QUOTE="brh2010"]

mitu123

I had zero problems with it, maybe you really do need a new HDTV, also, the character customization is really good.

Im not saying it's bad, but I just couldnt read any of the text.
firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

[QUOTE="Cyanide4Suicid3"]I played it for 5 minutes and I turned it off. Just didnt like it. brh2010

Anyone who plays a game for five minutes and then turns it off shouldn't be allowed to have an opinion on video games. You can't even finish a match in five minutes let alone evaluate anything about the game, except the graphics....
jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#34 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

everyone is saying its bad...just like the first game. i found moh better than bf3...

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#35 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6114 Posts

The first MoH was crap,the second MoH was still crap.I like Call of Duty and Battlefield 3 better.Can't wait for Halo 4 and Black Ops 2.:D

Avatar image for Sandwich_Seeker
Sandwich_Seeker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Sandwich_Seeker
I think the actual game will be better then the beta. Personally I hate dark maps and that's what made me delete the beta today.
sshaun22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 sshaun22
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
https://www.facebook.com/pages/GameChat/208256615907271?ref=hl
st4rbuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 st4rbuck

Papadrach
man's got a point here, 100% agree
scouttrooperbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 scouttrooperbob

The first MoH was crap,the second MoH was still crap.I like Call of Duty and Battlefield 3 better.Can't wait for Halo 4 and Black Ops 2.:D

brimmul777

How do you know the second MoH WAS crap? Its not even out yet.

If you want a different, realistic FPS than give MoH a chance. IF your someone who hates shooters, or only likes COD than dont even bother. The beta has shown me that this game will propably meat the criterian it sais it wants to be. In other words, its going to be a more realistic (as realistic as a videogame can be and still be fun) and engaging formula for a first person shooter.

Simdigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Simdigg
Wow cant believe how many people are hating on this game. Yes people have there opinions which is fine by me, IMO its something different and plays better and is more enjoyable than COD, not as good as BF3 though (i am a big fan) can not wait for it to release and i really hope a lot of people will play this game and give it active
23Jarek23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 23Jarek23
Member since 2009 • 2647 Posts

I thought it was pretty boring, it's not awful, but it just feels like the same type of shooter we've been playing since 2007. Menu's are awful, text is tiny. I'll def pass on this game, maybe pick it up when it's 12 dollars a couple years down the road just for the SP.