MLB 2k9 Better be GOOD!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ps2forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 ps2forever
Member since 2004 • 580 Posts

I haven't played a GOOD baseball game since the EA MVP days. Now i can't play any other baseball games because 2k is teh only mutliplatform that i can play it on. Correct me if i'm wrong guys, didn't microsoft had thier own sports title lineup? i remember there was a baseball game also. why havent' they start those games back up, mlb2k series are just pulling my hopes down every year. hopefully, this year will be great, so far i'm enjoying the demo. hopefully the ratings are good.

on_no

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 on_no
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
I agree, but 989's MLB the Show isn't too bad either. The thing is though, there hasn't been a quality baseball sim for the 360 since it's come out! Last year was a major bust, I mean it was so buggy at times it made the game unplayable, Swing Stick 2.0 also stunk.
NOD_Grindking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 NOD_Grindking
Member since 2004 • 2778 Posts
Have you played the 2K9 Demo? Its on the marketplace... At first I was disappointed, but give it some time, it seems like it might be pretty solid
wtfandyk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 wtfandyk
Member since 2003 • 463 Posts
I know a good baseball game would be a nice change since like the last 3 or 4 sucked a$$. I think that they try and make baseball games to complicated with all the little add on feature like swing sticks and ridiculous set ups to pitch the ball. That stuff is all great and dandy but it doesnt mean squat when you cant see where a fly ball is so you can catch it.
Dawq902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5 Dawq902
Member since 2007 • 6796 Posts
I will probably be picking up this game around Easter and I just want an enjoyable game to play. I thought the last one was fine but I could definetly go for soem improvements.
ps2forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ps2forever

yea i agree with all of you, i really appreciate them making the pitching maneuver with the right anolog stick. but there are some things that just aren't as polish as it would be. I agree with the other guy, i will give mlb 2k9 some time. but more than likely im' a huge Philles and baseball fan. so more the likely i'll be getting this game anyway. My only hope is this is the one baseball game that can deliver to it's other great sports title counter parts such as the nba 2k9 which is really a great basketball game.

on_no

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 on_no
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

yea i agree with all of you, i really appreciate them making the pitching maneuver with the right anolog stick. but there are some things that just aren't as polish as it would be. I agree with the other guy, i will give mlb 2k9 some time. but more than likely im' a huge Philles and baseball fan. so more the likely i'll be getting this game anyway. My only hope is this is the one baseball game that can deliver to it's other great sports title counter parts such as the nba 2k9 which is really a great basketball game.

ps2forever

NBA 2K9 is a good game, but not all 2K games are great *points to NHL 2K9*

NOD_Grindking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 NOD_Grindking
Member since 2004 • 2778 Posts
[QUOTE="ps2forever"]

on_no

NBA 2K9 is a good game, but not all 2K games are great *points to NHL 2K9*

uggh the 2K hockey games are PITIFUL!
ps2forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ps2forever

lol yea, what i was trying to say why can't it be like nba 2k9 lol.