Microsofts e3 has not convinced me to buy

This topic is locked from further discussion.

juboner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 juboner
Member since 2007 • 1183 Posts

I have been an Xbot since the first one but the games they showed at e3 are all old franchises like Crackdown, fable, Halo Collection, Forza. I know they showed some new stuff but I am tired of all the old stuff and thought they would of had more new IP's like instead of Crackdown, I just dont think that was a good one to reboot. I want new and exciting games for this new gen. Also the only games i like to play online are racing games, I dont want other human players in my action and rpg games, thats if Microsoft even comes out with any rpgs not counting the usual Fable, FallOut.

Same for ps4 so dont mention that.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

@juboner said:

I have been an Xbot since the first one but the games they showed at e3 are all old franchises like Crackdown, fable, Halo Collection, Forza. I know they showed some new stuff but I am tired of all the old stuff and thought they would of had more new IP's like instead of Crackdown, I just dont think that was a good one to reboot. I want new and exciting games for this new gen. Also the only games i like to play online are racing games, I dont want other human players in my action and rpg games, thats if Microsoft even comes out with any rpgs not counting the usual Fable, FallOut.

That's a shame, because their E3 press conference was aimed only at you

They're going to be so disappointed

juboner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 juboner

@Jaysonguy said:

@juboner said:

Do I need to mention this is my opinion or should it be evident?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

I thought Microsoft did just fine by the One. Part of the reason why people support a system is for the promise of its exclusive IPs. Sure, Microsoft could have benefitted from showing more brand new IPs like Sunset Overdrive and Ori and the Blind Forest. But it's also great to know that I can keep playing Halo, Crackdown, Fable, Forza and other established Xbox exclusive games this gen, and they aren't just done with them altogether.

New IPs will come... But new IPs are also a gamble, nobody is 100% sure how the players will respond to a new IP until it's out there. Established hits, they provide much better security for the company and the player, because there's a good chance people will like it if it's a new game from a series they already love.

And Crackdown is awesome and totally needs a sequel. Not many people were over the moon about the second game, and the first one came out at pretty much the beginning of the 360's life. So... Yah... I'm sure a proper Crackdown sequel - on new hardware, don't forget - is appropriate.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

You wana know whats funny.....

Microsoft doesn't need to go to such extremes to get me to buy their console...... All they have to is not be dicks..... And since they would rather throw more games in my face than deal with the actual problem then I won't buy One.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Jaysonguy

@Lulu_Lulu said:

You wana know whats funny.....

Microsoft doesn't need to go to such extremes to get me to buy their console...... All they have to is not be dicks..... And since they would rather throw more games in my face than deal with the actual problem then I won't buy One.

What's the actual problem?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

@Jaysonguy:

You know, your icon looks like it is friends with my signature, lol.

@Lulu_Lulu:

I'm... Not really sure I follow... Any of that.

If you're referring to the way Microsoft acted last year with the whole dealwithit thing, and the way some of their associates have acted and things they've said, well then I don't necessarily agree with that either. But the truth is, there is mud being slung from every direction, and you'd be kind of naïve to think that Nintendo and Sony and other companies are above all that.

The folks at Nintendo are so overconfident in themselves that they will keep using the same strategy over and over again, even though they are faring horribly with the Wii-U. Maybe they will make it through this gen okay, but they've lost a lot of support over the years because they've been unwilling to take greater risks with software. And they're still unwilling to admit that they've screwed up majorly and still don't have a good plan for moving forward.

Sony was far from the image of kindness at E3 this year, so if you think they were more polite than Microsoft then I'd strongly disagree. Every chance he got, Andrew House took a shot at Microsoft when discussing things Sony is doing.

monson21502

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 monson21502
Member since 2009 • 8230 Posts

wait till next year or get a holiday bundle this winter. if u didnt buy either the ps4 or xbox1 at launch then there is no need to buy 1 now. the longer u wait the cheaper the games u already missed will get plus u will get a better price on a system or bundle

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Lulu_Lulu

@Jaysonguy

The actual problem is they suck ! Especially to outside the US, particularly when it comes to XBL.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Jaysonguy

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Jaysonguy

The actual problem is they suck ! Especially to outside the US, particularly when it comes to XBL.

Good job not explaining anything

So we'll try this one more time....

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Lulu_Lulu

@Jaysonguy

Well if you think its perfect then don't let Lulu ruin that for you..... You deserve better than me ! :(

FYI the reason I hate XBL is because of Trine.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Jaysonguy

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Jaysonguy

Well if you think its perfect then don't let Lulu ruin that for you..... You deserve better than me ! :(

FYI the reason I hate XBL is because of Trine.

Trine is on the 360 isn't it?

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Lulu_Lulu

@Jaysonguy

Nope... It isn't :(

Trine 2 is on the 360 :)..... But not in South Africa or the UK.

I converted my SA account to a US account so I could buy and play Trine 2, then I purchased an MS Points card only to be told I can't use a SA point card on a US account.... I wanted to reconvert back to my SA account only now the remaining funds in my account will disappear instead of being converted to my local currency.... I then wanted to buy something from the market place just to get rid of the excess funds only to have a window pop up saying I have no viable payment methods and it wants a credit card..... Why won't it let me use the money in my account ? No I don't really want an explaination, I just want them to fix it.

All that hastle just because I wanted to play Trine...... If I had a PS3 I could play Trine and Trine 2 without having to go through any of this bullsh!t.

Has any of that ever happened to you ?

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Lulu_Lulu

Oh I forgot to mention that if I convert my account back Trine 2 will be removed from my Purchase History.

Seriously this has always been the only barrier standing between me and the Xbox One, but they would rather try and get more exclusives than to actually to make actually owning an Xbox less of a hastle.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#15 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

Oh I forgot to mention that if I convert my account back Trine 2 will be removed from my Purchase History.

Seriously this has always been the only barrier standing between me and the Xbox One, but they would rather try and get more exclusives than to actually to make actually owning an Xbox less of a hastle.

That sucks dude. As an American, I guess we don't see the hastles you others do. Sorry to hear that. But I'm still playing and enjoying the X1

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Lulu_Lulu

@cainetao11

I hear you... But please don't think of me as horrible person when I say I hope your Box catches fire and burns to melted chunk of plastic and silicon....

We're still on for bowling right ;) ?

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#17 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu:

Bowling? OF course!! You buy the beer for that non sense though.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Lulu_Lulu

@cainetao11

lol.... Thats sounds fair.... ;)

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Well ermm TC, sorry to hear that I guess.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#20 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

All it would have took for me would have been a Gears of War or Alan Wake gameplay trailer and I would have been all over it!!!

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#21  Edited By sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I think microsoft had a very good E3.

juboner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By juboner

I'm just not excited for this gen, the previous last 2 gens came with much improved gfx and innovative new looking games imo. I bought a Wii U and until the ps4 or X1 come out with something that looks new and exciting I will wait.

Oh and I have not owned a Nintendo console since the N64 so it seems new and fresh to me anyways.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

@juboner: Well, I'm sorry to hear you're not excited by anything on the One so far. I'm actually excited about a lot of upcoming games, and I feel like some pretty original games are still coming out. I think it will be a while until we see these consoles really take full advantage of their next-gen graphics, but I have noted some really impressive things done in early games already that would have come along late last gen. I think one thing that I've noticed more easily than better graphics is better processing power.

Idk, it's really hard to sell a console to someone, it's easier if the person finds something they really like about the console on their own. Nobody could really sell me on the XBO til I did my own research and discovered I might like this and that game already out for the console, and all of these other upcoming ones.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Maybe Next E3 2015 will win you over, if not there is always E3 2016.

Or look at the competition offerings by that time.

juboner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By juboner

I'm sure eventually they will have some games that I will just have to play. I have owned 2 microsoft consoles and 1 ps the first one, which fell apart on me and I took extremely good care of it. Never replaced that ps bc I was happy with my N64 for the time. A Fallout 4 will seal the deal.

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Murderstyle75
Member since 2011 • 4412 Posts

@Ovirew:

But at what cost can you keep playing these rehashes? Halo 4 was unimpressive and not only could 343i done better elsewhere but Bungie could have still benn around too without the PS4 getting the Destiny treatment. Then you have Black Tusk who I was absolutely stoked about until finding out they are being wasted on a generic Gears of War. I say generic because nobody can make a Epic Games like Epic games regardless of how good the studio is .

Keep in mind that there was a time when these games were a risk as well and if yesterday's Microsoft was anything like today's Microsoft, these games may have never been made to begin with.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

@Murderstyle75 said:

@Ovirew:

But at what cost can you keep playing these rehashes? Halo 4 was unimpressive and not only could 343i done better elsewhere but Bungie could have still benn around too without the PS4 getting the Destiny treatment. Then you have Black Tusk who I was absolutely stoked about until finding out they are being wasted on a generic Gears of War. I say generic because nobody can make a Epic Games like Epic games regardless of how good the studio is .

Keep in mind that there was a time when these games were a risk as well and if yesterday's Microsoft was anything like today's Microsoft, these games may have never been made to begin with.

You say rehashes, I say let me use my own judgment. I enjoyed every Halo game I've played so far. I have not played Halo 4 yet, or 2, but a couple of coworkers of mine said they were also both great, so I will take their words for it. I also enjoyed Halo Wars, and I LOVED Halo 3 ODST. I thought Reach was pretty good. Even though a million and freakin one people on the "me, me, me!" Internet complained about them.

Fact of the matter is, I freaking love Halo. I have enjoyed all of them, I was never disappointed by them. When you find a game series like that, it's rare. I like the story, the gameplay, the campaign, the multiplayer, the skulls, all of the intricate little extras that go into making each new Halo game something a bit different than the last one. And you know what? I freaking want more! And I'm sure you can't really deny that most gamers want more of something they already love - just look at all of the Nintendo fanboys and gals going nuts over more Zelda and Smash Bros. - I really don't blame them, if they loved all of the previous ones then they will also probably really like the new ones, too.

More Crackdown, freakin yeah! Best open-world game ever, far as I'm concerned. It's been about a decade since the first one came out (let's pretend 2 didn't happen sorta), I'd say it's time for a new one. I don't give a crap about Gears of War, never did. I even had the first two for a while and really didn't see what the big deal is, but I guess it's just not my game.

343 is doing fine. Bungie is a good team, and they're good to their fans, but if you ask me they're highly overrated. Destiny, I haven't played the alpha or anything, but I really don't have much desire to play that game at all tbh. But then, maybe it's not necessarily aimed at me.

Everyone buys consoles, not just for new IPs, which are a gamble... But also for guaranteed fun. For sequels to established favorites.

If you ask me, Microsoft is doing a lot to make the One more appealing. They already bent over freakin backwards when we complained that their console was too strict, and changed their policies. They made Kinect optional. They finally, and rightly so, made it so that you don't need Gold in order just to watch freakin Netflix on your console.

They snatched up Sunset Overdrive and Ori and the Blind Forest. They'll have Cuphead! They are taking Fable in some new directions with Legends. They got the original team back together to make Crackdown 3. They're reviving Phantom Dust, which was essentially a cult favorite IP on the Xbox. They got Platinum Games to even start working on Scalebound for the One, which could attract some Japanese fans. They're building off of the success of Alan Wake with Quantum Break, which will coincide with a TV show. And they're doing plenty fine by Halo, as should be. Really I could go deeper with this - they got Super Time Force, they had PVZ Garden Warfare before anyone... And they got Aaron Paul from Breaking Bad, without argument the best. show. ever. made., to do a commercial for the XBO.

And their E3 was all about the games. Compare that to the hypocrites (Sony), who spent most of their E3 taking shots at Microsoft and talking about new services and streaming.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#28 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

@Jaysonguy said:

@juboner said:

lol....That's my Jay!!!