Microsoft Thinks I'm Smart.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Lulekani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Lulekani
Member since 2012 • 2318 Posts
So, I don't have wi-fi internet access at my place. All I got is a USB Modem, a PC and a Wireless router (TP-Link). Now heres my problem, to share internet access from my PC to my xbox it has to go through the router 1st. But the xbox can't access anything beyond the router. So I enabled ICS (Internet connection sharing) hoping my PC could share the internet access to the router, and by extension, to the xbox. But the internet never makes its way to the router in the 1st place. Now whats an idiot like me suppose to do ?
kickingcarpet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 kickingcarpet
Member since 2011 • 570 Posts

THREAD OF THE YEAR?

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#3 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

get a wireless router and internet access  then  go to run  open ncpa.cpl then right click on the wireless connection with the internet access open properties then click sharing then make sure both boxes are checked then connect ethernet to pc and xbox360 , and it should connect 

konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 konvikt_17
Member since 2008 • 22378 Posts

hardline it.

one of our consoles is an old arcade. dont have a wireless adapter for it. its in the living room, with a blue ethernet cord connected to the console and our router. works just fine.

Lulekani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Lulekani

get a wireless router and internet access  then  go to run  open ncpa.cpl then right click on the wireless connection with the internet access open properties then click sharing then make sure both boxes are checked then connect ethernet to pc and xbox360 , and it should connect 

mariokart64fan
Damn, it didn't work, something about opening ports or whatever . But no worries. I'l just remove the middleman(router) and connect my xbox to the internet directly from my pc (with a long ethernet cable). How ever this means I won't be able to update my Media Centre. . . . EVER !
Lulekani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Lulekani

THREAD OF THE YEAR?

kickingcarpet
Just got an invitation to the ATA's (anual thread awards) in my mailbox today. Appearently I've been nominated for "Best Xbox Related Thread 2013". So yeah, this maybe my lucky year, finaly.
TTDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#7 TTDog
Member since 2007 • 3545 Posts

The new, black wireless adapters that you slap on the back of the console use the simple "Network Name" and "Password" wifi system.

I used to have the same problem with the old models but when I boguht the new one I could connect my 360 the same way I connect my mobile phoen to our wireless network.

Avatar image for DecadesOfGaming
DecadesOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#8 DecadesOfGaming
Member since 2007 • 3100 Posts

THREAD OF THE YEAR?

kickingcarpet

hopefully by "Level 6" your posting more helpful comments!

lol

:)

psx_warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 psx_warrior
Member since 2006 • 1757 Posts
So, I don't have wi-fi internet access at my place. All I got is a USB Modem, a PC and a Wireless router (TP-Link). Now heres my problem, to share internet access from my PC to my xbox it has to go through the router 1st. But the xbox can't access anything beyond the router. So I enabled ICS (Internet connection sharing) hoping my PC could share the internet access to the router, and by extension, to the xbox. But the internet never makes its way to the router in the 1st place. Now whats an idiot like me suppose to do ?Lulekani
I'm not really following your post. Could you elaborate a little further? Your post is a little confusing. I can't tell what you are trying to do. I'm presuming you have internet at your place, period.
Lulekani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Lulekani
[QUOTE="Lulekani"]So, I don't have wi-fi internet access at my place. All I got is a USB Modem, a PC and a Wireless router (TP-Link). Now heres my problem, to share internet access from my PC to my xbox it has to go through the router 1st. But the xbox can't access anything beyond the router. So I enabled ICS (Internet connection sharing) hoping my PC could share the internet access to the router, and by extension, to the xbox. But the internet never makes its way to the router in the 1st place. Now whats an idiot like me suppose to do ?psx_warrior
I'm not really following your post. Could you elaborate a little further? Your post is a little confusing. I can't tell what you are trying to do. I'm presuming you have internet at your place, period.

lol, basicly I use a 3G USB Modem on my pc and I want to share the internet from that modem to my router.