Microsoft Sued over Xbox Live issues

This topic is locked from further discussion.

theww

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 theww
Member since 2007 • 46 Posts

From front page news here: http://www.gamespot.com/news/6184323.html?tag=latestnews;title;3

So, I wonder how this will pan out. Looks like it could be clas$action lawsuit considering the amount of Live subscribers. Anyone contact them yet to see if their lawyer is interested in going big?

julian2890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 julian2890
Member since 2005 • 1283 Posts
ok we know.
djrobst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 djrobst
Member since 2007 • 2404 Posts
this was up last week and been up loads of times since
LoserMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 LoserMike
Member since 2003 • 4915 Posts
MS will probably settle this by giving all Gold subscribers 1 week free, which is what they should have done in the 1st place.
cpaschal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 cpaschal
Member since 2005 • 474 Posts

Its also pretty stupid, considering they are asking for 5 million. Just because your Xbox Live has been flakey for a couple of weeks? C'mon now. Hey, I ordered a Pizza and a 2 liter coke the other day...and didnt realize that the dirver either dropped my coke or it somehow got shook up prior. So can I sue the Papa John's now? I mean, it ruined my shirt I was wearing when I opened it. Not to mention I spent 30 minutes cleaning up. And then my coke was flat. Thats worth at least a million easy? Right?

I dont care if it was a breach of contract or whatnot. Microsoft was working to fix the issues, it wasnt like they were completely ignoring them. And some people didnt have any problem. And Microsoft is already saying they will give away a free game to everyone because of the outages. To me, acknowledgement and a freebie is good enough for me.

Greedy bastards, that is what is wrong with the world today. People trying to get something for nothing. Its stupid. I hope it gets thrown out of court and the guys are left with thousands in court costs.

mcburnie89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mcburnie89
Member since 2007 • 45 Posts
i never even heard n e thing about this but yeah it sounds reallyreallydumb!!!!!!

congrats Canada on wining ur fourth Gold in a row!!:D
theww

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 theww
Member since 2007 • 46 Posts

Personally I find it absolutely fantastic that its happening. Its about time as a consumer you stand up for your rights. It killed me that M$ tech support actually had a prepared answer for why the 360 is flaky and a poorly made/designed machine "The technology of the 3 cell processor" blah blah blah. Dude, I paid for this to work, and the idea that we must be happy with something that only works some of the time is ridiculous.

Yes, you could have called your pizza store and demanded compensation. In fact, they are taught to work specifically with you, whether you get $10 off your next order or a free 2 liter. Yes, you should demand more, and yes, that should infuriate you to the point of action, just as the above has done with obviouslyenough people for it to finally matter.

Whether its $50 a year or $1 a day or whatever, the fact that so many people who are commited to the service and have paid for it are not getting what they paid for, its definitely a breach of contract. It doesnt matter if some people are getting it, its that the majority have had issues with it.

This is the first I heard about the lawsuit, so I apologize to those who have read about it already. Its about time is what I say.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#8 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Personally I find it absolutely fantastic that its happening. Its about time as a consumer you stand up for your rights. It killed me that M$ tech support actually had a prepared answer for why the 360 is flaky and a poorly made/designed machine "The technology of the 3 cell processor" blah blah blah. Dude, I paid for this to work, and the idea that we must be happy with something that only works some of the time is ridiculous.

Yes, you could have called your pizza store and demanded compensation. In fact, they are taught to work specifically with you, whether you get $10 off your next order or a free 2 liter. Yes, you should demand more, and yes, that should infuriate you to the point of action, just as the above has done with obviouslyenough people for it to finally matter.

Whether its $50 a year or $1 a day or whatever, the fact that so many people who are commited to the service and have paid for it are not getting what they paid for, its definitely a breach of contract. It doesnt matter if some people are getting it, its that the majority have had issues with it.

This is the first I heard about the lawsuit, so I apologize to those who have read about it already. Its about time is what I say.

theww

Ive been a paying customer for 4+ years for xbox live and this is the first problem, thats GREAT service and reliablity imo..

One mess up in 4+ years, i definatly will be keeping my xbox live

g5velocity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 g5velocity
Member since 2007 • 1017 Posts
This is America where lawsuits are as frequent as people starting threads about LIVE on GS. Microsoft is a juggernaut of a company and asking for $5mil in a lawsuit is asking Bill Gates to empty his coin pocket. GO BIG or don't sue at all. $500mil at the least and lifetime Gold membership for subscribers of at least 2 years.:)
matt2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 matt2012
Member since 2007 • 373 Posts

I think its understandable that Live went down so bad even though I've hated it so much. They have set a record with the most amount of people on at one time ever over these holidays. Microsoft has recently said that they are disapointed in themselves and they plan to give all Live members a free Xbox Live Aracde game.

Dreski83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#11 Dreski83
Member since 2003 • 1104 Posts

One mess up in 4+ years, i definatly will be keeping my xbox livekozzy1234

yea... I understand the frusteration paying for a service only to discover its not working is very unacceptable, especially during the holidays (still not sure how they messed that up)
fact of the matter is, read the fine print kiddies! Microsoft had a back door for this problem since day one saying in their contract that even if there are problems with Live, its not a place to lay blame and expect compesation. Whoever brought up this lawsuit must have thought they were real clever... or stupid enough to expect internet based stuff to work flawless :roll:

its always nice to speak up against the big corporation, but that doesn't mean what you say has to be a bunch of nonsense...

Guiltfeeder566

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Guiltfeeder566
Member since 2005 • 10068 Posts
People should STFU, sick of people complaning because of little inconvenences.
jk3fn99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jk3fn99
Member since 2007 • 107 Posts

Its also pretty stupid, considering they are asking for 5 million. Just because your Xbox Live has been flakey for a couple of weeks? C'mon now. Hey, I ordered a Pizza and a 2 liter coke the other day...and didnt realize that the dirver either dropped my coke or it somehow got shook up prior. So can I sue the Papa John's now? I mean, it ruined my shirt I was wearing when I opened it. Not to mention I spent 30 minutes cleaning up. And then my coke was flat. Thats worth at least a million easy? Right?

I dont care if it was a breach of contract or whatnot. Microsoft was working to fix the issues, it wasnt like they were completely ignoring them. And some people didnt have any problem. And Microsoft is already saying they will give away a free game to everyone because of the outages. To me, acknowledgement and a freebie is good enough for me.

Greedy bastards, that is what is wrong with the world today. People trying to get something for nothing. Its stupid. I hope it gets thrown out of court and the guys are left with thousands in court costs.

cpaschal

i agree yo people get ridicuolous over this crap everyone needs to calm down

HellRazer360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 HellRazer360
Member since 2006 • 2693 Posts
[QUOTE="theww"]

kozzy1234

Ive been a paying customer for 4+ years for xbox live and this is the first problem, thats GREAT service and reliablity imo..

One mess up in 4+ years, i definatly will be keeping my xbox live

agreed
dudedizzle27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 dudedizzle27
Member since 2007 • 66 Posts
OMG!!! Xbox Live is down. God forbid you play campaign mode for once. Better yet, go out for once. Those fat sacks of s**t should stop trying to make money out of nothing. If you wanted to sue the horrible service with RROD, then okay. But if you wanna sue microsoft when they already told you they are working on the problem AND will give you a free arcade game possible live time in return... youre crazy! Xbox Live has been on for 5 years now... 24-7. 1st problem and some1 seizes an opportunity to make 5 million dollars?? Bill Gates will be hearing about this!