Microsoft motion controller why?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

belrock86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 belrock86
Member since 2008 • 234 Posts

What is the point of Microsoft releasing a Wii like motion controller is anyone who posts on Gamespot or any hardcore gamer for that matter actually going to use it when will Microsoft stop trying to be Nintendo and invent new original ideas?

Squeets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 Squeets
Member since 2006 • 8185 Posts

Because it sells... if people like apple juice... and apple juice sells well... why not sell more apple juice...

Toxic8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#3 Toxic8
Member since 2007 • 1653 Posts

Yep on the above post.If they think it will make money and a profit they will sell it.I personally would not use one since I dont like the concept of it.

chefstubbies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 chefstubbies
Member since 2007 • 2583 Posts

I prefer pressing a button, as opposed to waving my controler around violently simply to achieve the same result.

X-Box waggle controller? No thank you...

DJ_Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DJ_Magneto
Member since 2008 • 4675 Posts

What is the point of Microsoft releasing a Wii like motion controller is anyone who posts on Gamespot or any hardcore gamer for that matter actually going to use it when will Microsoft stop trying to be Nintendo and invent new original ideas?

belrock86
I remember hearing rumors about a motion controller last year, but nothing lately. Where did you hear that this was a fact?
Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts
Because it's the future of gaming and Microsoft wants to stay competitive.
theSickness550

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 theSickness550
Member since 2005 • 283 Posts
because no one can come up with an original idea anymore. first sony copies the wii mote with the sixaxis controller. then they copied the achievment system with their trophies. next microsoft copies the miis with avatars. then sony copies second life with home. this is just the next step. pretty soon well be reading about somthing else one of the companies have copied. just a matter of time.
axeman87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#8 axeman87
Member since 2006 • 999 Posts

To make money of course, why else.

Personally, I have never tried the Wii remote, but Itried my friends PS3 sixaxis controll and thought it was bloody awful. They may have improved it, but at the time (tried it with an F1 game and some dragon riding game) it didnt work for me at all.

Andrn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Andrn
Member since 2008 • 2098 Posts

because no one can come up with an original idea anymore. first sony copies the wii mote with the sixaxis controller. then they copied the achievment system with their trophies. next microsoft copies the miis with avatars. then sony copies second life with home. this is just the next step. pretty soon well be reading about somthing else one of the companies have copied. just a matter of time. theSickness550
Then who comes up with the original ideas? :?

Hopefully they don't integrate this for a while...and by that I mean atleast 20 years...when I'm hopefully dead.

raylewisnfl52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 raylewisnfl52
Member since 2005 • 7146 Posts
where are you guys hearing this from
kubicek1994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 kubicek1994
Member since 2008 • 118 Posts

To add motion to the potion.

djrobst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 djrobst
Member since 2007 • 2404 Posts
wow bashing stuff before its even been annouced or made - get over it. its not even been unvailed or anything. just rumours. and copying controllers??? give me a break, controllers have always been copied from system to system . i laugh at people calling them selves too hardcore to use anything other than a pad. or sayuing they just copying wii. how can you say they have copied anyone when there isnt even a design or anything from microsoft been revealed. im pretty sure if they did bring one out it would be alot better than nintendos. nintendos felt cheap and crappy, espieally with the infrared bar for pointing. it was crap on big tvs for me. and had very little accuracy for me, one that was really accurate and used something else than infraread for pointing could be something sweet, but this aint nothing to get worked up over or dismisss, its simply not happening anytime soon, its a waste of a topic for a 2 year old rumour
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#13 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
I thought it was a third party releasing a motion sensing controller, not Microsoft.
chugachea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 chugachea
Member since 2008 • 736 Posts

IF they did, it would have to be pretty heavily integrated into the game. The Wii sells well because of the motion controls and the fact that every game uses the motion controls as where the ps3 uses sixaxis, but not in all games and it's not selling super well. If they wanna make a big difference in sales it's gonna have to be pretty great. In my opinion they would be stupid to do it, they're selling well now why change?

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#15 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
I honestly doubt the wii is selling well because of the controls. It's selling well because it's relatively cheap and because of it's image. I'd argue that if it were simple bundled with an SNES controller it'd have done just as well.
bcjkdem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 bcjkdem
Member since 2008 • 178 Posts
I too prefer buttons.
btiplling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 btiplling
Member since 2009 • 200 Posts

Do not want.

93soccer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 93soccer
Member since 2009 • 4602 Posts

Because it sells... if people like apple juice... and apple juice sells well... why not sell more apple juice...

Squeets
That's soo true why do u think sony uses their crap motion sense?? Because ppl are stupid enough to fall for those things from sony
capthavic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#20 capthavic
Member since 2003 • 6478 Posts
The biggest problem with motion controls is that the tech just isn't quite there yet. Any game that requires you do more than just wildly shake the controller is gonna have trouble.
krispiekream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 krispiekream
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="Andrn"]

[QUOTE="theSickness550"] Then who comes up with the original ideas? :?

Hopefully they don't integrate this for a while...and by that I mean atleast 20 years...when I'm hopefully dead.

[QUOTE="93soccer"][QUOTE="Squeets"]

That's soo true why do u think sony uses their crap motion sense?? Because ppl are stupid enough to fall for those things from sony

and thats why xbox is trying to sell us apple cider instead...
paulokoenigkam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#22 paulokoenigkam
Member since 2005 • 3930 Posts

[QUOTE="Andrn"]

[QUOTE="theSickness550"] [QUOTE="93soccer"][QUOTE="Squeets"]

krispiekream

and thats why xbox is trying to sell us apple cider instead...

CIDER???WHERE? GIVE ME NOW!!!!

Anyways, it looks almost exactly like a wiimote. I just find it stupid because I can't think of any already released xbox360 game that could use the motion mechanic And I'll take buttons over motion anyday.. NOW WHERE IS MY CIDER?

harashawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#23 harashawn
Member since 2008 • 27620 Posts

belrock86

Because motion controls are ****ing awesome.

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

I saw this topic in the System Wars forum , and posted there. But that was a 3rd party motion detection device. In the new Game Informer , they reported Microsoft has acquired rights from 3DV Systems (an Israeli firm) to use it's ZCam Camera. With this device you only need the camera and no other peripherals. They also said it's motion detection is greater than the Wii.

hughami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 hughami
Member since 2009 • 1045 Posts

belrock86
im not sure what that is or why it even matters. but if you mean a board or something i'm pretty sure its the one that's gonna be included in the new tony hawk game.
Sonny360Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Sonny360Elite
Member since 2009 • 1593 Posts
Since when does Microsoft want to sell things only to hardcore gamers and members of Gamespot?? That'd be pretty dumb....
RendFou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 RendFou
Member since 2009 • 362 Posts

Hopefully we won't end up with a bunch of games like the PS3's Lair.

paulokoenigkam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#28 paulokoenigkam
Member since 2005 • 3930 Posts

Hopefully we won't end up with a bunch of games like the PS3's Lair.

RendFou
Nope, but I bet we'll end up with a bunch of WII like stupid little minigames.
Avatar image for DecadesOfGaming
DecadesOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DecadesOfGaming
Member since 2007 • 3100 Posts

belrock86

Anyone who considers them self a hardcore gamer is a muppet, unless your a pro making a living from gaming!

If you read books on a daily basis, are they considered hardcore readers ?.. No

If you play Monopoly with your family most evenings, is that family considered hardcore Monopoly players ?... No.

The majority of individuals who consider themselves hardcore gamers are either delusional or under the age of 14 !

It makes me laugh every time someone on here mentions 'hardcore gamer'.

lol

:P

ihaveabu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ihaveabu
Member since 2003 • 849 Posts
wait, you really don't know why?
djrobst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 djrobst
Member since 2007 • 2404 Posts
the only thing thats hardcore in my xbox is usuaully my late night dvds
Avatar image for gettinthatfasho
gettinthatfasho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 gettinthatfasho
Member since 2008 • 160 Posts

Squeets
APPLE JUICE FTW!
Avatar image for gettinthatfasho
gettinthatfasho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 gettinthatfasho
Member since 2008 • 160 Posts

[QUOTE="belrock86"]

DecadesOfGaming

Anyone who considers them self a hardcore gamer is a muppet, unless your a pro making a living from gaming!

If you play Monopoly with your family most evenings, is that family considered hardcore Monopoly players ?... No.

The majority of individuals who consider themselves hardcore gamers are either delusional or under the age of 14 !

lol

Fat WoW players are hardcore....
s2i2p2i2o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 s2i2p2i2o
Member since 2003 • 602 Posts
because no one can come up with an original idea anymore. first sony copies the wii mote with the sixaxis controller. then they copied the achievment system with their trophies. next microsoft copies the miis with avatars. then sony copies second life with home. this is just the next step. pretty soon well be reading about somthing else one of the companies have copied. just a matter of time. theSickness550
they had hired atari to make the avatars BEFORE wii's character came! but your point is still valid...
s2i2p2i2o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 s2i2p2i2o
Member since 2003 • 602 Posts
[QUOTE="theSickness550"]because no one can come up with an original idea anymore. first sony copies the wii mote with the sixaxis controller. then they copied the achievment system with their trophies. next microsoft copies the miis with avatars. then sony copies second life with home. this is just the next step. pretty soon well be reading about somthing else one of the companies have copied. just a matter of time. s2i2p2i2o
they had hired atari to make the avatars BEFORE wii's character came! but your point is still valid...

why on earth did I write atari`?! typo! srry :S
RendFou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 RendFou
Member since 2009 • 362 Posts

I saw this topic in the System Wars forum , and posted there. But that was a 3rd party motion detection device. In the new Game Informer , they reported Microsoft has acquired rights from 3DV Systems (an Israeli firm) to use it's ZCam Camera. With this device you only need the camera and no other peripherals. They also said it's motion detection is greater than the Wii.

BigBadBully

Dude. Converge is my favorite band. You're awesome.

DecadesOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 DecadesOfGaming

[QUOTE="DecadesOfGaming"]

[QUOTE="belrock86"]

gettinthatfasho

lol

Fat WoW players are hardcore....

more laughing.:)

raahsnavj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#38 raahsnavj
Member since 2005 • 4895 Posts
I wish people would make a pointer like the Wii's controller, but leave the motion BS out of it. Motion control doesn't do anything for me except make developers think they need a motion to replace something that was more responsive and accurate with a button push.
DecadesOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 DecadesOfGaming

whilst watching the E.A special last week featured in theGAMESPOT showlast week, I watched with amazment as a guy showed off hislatest Wii golfing game.. whilst watching his presentation, viewers could easily see that his motion controller quite obviously hada time lag whilst being operated.. If the developers of these motion controllers had of waited until this technology was perfect before being released onto the gaming market, then perhaps individuals like myself would of taken them a little more seriously.. The only time my behind will ever leave the sofa whilst gaming is if Virtual Reality gameslike the ones featured in 'The Lawn Mower Man' are released.

2pac_makaveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 2pac_makaveli
Member since 2008 • 1681 Posts
i saw an article awhile ago that a company was making wii like controllers for both the ps3 and xbox360, It all comes down to competition I plan on buying them think of a tennis or bowling game with awesome graphics not to mention tiger woods!
EnderSR388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#41 EnderSR388
Member since 2004 • 6552 Posts
It's called, "Keeping up with the Joneses". If it's selling well for other companies, then it would only make sense that MS would want to capitalize on it as well.
ackr1TE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ackr1TE
Member since 2007 • 636 Posts

Not interested...

And if this becomes the standard, im goin back to pc gaming.

DPhunkT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 DPhunkT
Member since 2008 • 1803 Posts
I play the Wii, you look like a quad flailing your arms all over the place. Forget it.
tamer7788

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 tamer7788
Member since 2007 • 42 Posts

Why not!!

Avatar image for volcomstoner180
volcomstoner180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#45 volcomstoner180
Member since 2008 • 4410 Posts
what games will even be able to use this? i cant see this making the game more fun at all....maybe more frustrating tho
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts

belrock86
Lets see, well the Wii came out a full year after the 360 and has subsequently left it in the dust sells wise, because of its motion controls. That should give you a clue. Oh and the first adopters of the Wii were the hardcore gamers who have been playing games even before this place existed.
Avatar image for mysticgohanssj2
mysticgohanssj2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 mysticgohanssj2
Member since 2007 • 42 Posts
Maybe by releasing this controller they are trying to recover losses from the rrod its always about money to microsoft charging for xbox live ouch