Microsoft making a possible monoply?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tyuzfuny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 0

#1 tyuzfuny
Member since 2004 • 666 Posts
Think about this for a second...

Microsoft has the Xbox 360.  Most people reading this will probably agree it's the strongest overall potential as a next-generation console/multimedia hub.
Microsoft makes the Windows OS' for the PC.  It is the most popular OS there is.
Microsoft makes the Zune.  In my opinion, it's the best MP3 player.  I have one and I quite enjoy it.  Plus, there is a lot of potential there.
Microsoft is working on it's mobile phone technology to make it stronger.

Is it just me, or does it look like Microsoft could have a monopoly?  Live Anywhere, if done right, could really mean a huge amount of people purchasing more Microsoft products.  For me personally, I'm getting my hands on all of the Microsoft products I can, which is exactly what they want, I guess.

What do you guys think?
--MAV3R1CK--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#2 --MAV3R1CK--
Member since 2006 • 9346 Posts

Microsoft has the Xbox 360.  Most people reading this will probably agree it's the strongest overall potential as a next-generation console/multimedia hub.
Microsoft makes the Windows OS' for the PC.  It is the most popular OS there is.
Microsoft makes the Zune.  In my opinion, it's the best MP3 player.  I have one and I quite enjoy it.  Plus, there is a lot of potential there.

Is it just me, or does it look like Microsoft could have a monopoly?  Live Anywhere, if done right, could really mean a huge amount of people purchasing more Microsoft products.  For me personally, I'm getting my hands on all of the Microsoft products I can, which is exactly what they want, I guess.

What do you guys think?
tyuzfuny
a lot of people have said that over the past few years and I don't think it is because as long as there are diversity then I don;t think there is much to worry about.
steve_89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 steve_89
Member since 2006 • 790 Posts
its not the strongest multimedia hub the ps3 is. dont flame me lol
lobobizarro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 lobobizarro
Member since 2005 • 681 Posts
Monopoly is just a game, tyuz, they want to control the fracking world! :D
lobobizarro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 lobobizarro
Member since 2005 • 681 Posts
its not the strongest multimedia hub the ps3 is. dont flame me lolsteve_89
Then don't throw wood into a fire :p
wreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 wreak
Member since 2005 • 4645 Posts
its not the strongest multimedia hub the ps3 is. dont flame me lolsteve_89

i think he meant strong in sales and popularity. basicly the strongest user base.
JohnWinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 JohnWinger
Member since 2007 • 1903 Posts

What do you guys think?
tyuzfuny

I think this has absolutely nothing to do with Xbox 360 discussion.

So what if Microsoft is trying to form a monopoly on different markets. It has nothing to do with me. No really there isn't anything I can do to make it happen or stop it. So I don't give a ****.

Roland1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Roland1987
Member since 2004 • 3038 Posts
I don't think so... i have a 360, a wii, a ps2, a ds...no monopoly on games. i have an ipod video (80gig) and creative zen (6 gig)...no microsoft in sight i run XP, and 3 different Linux distros (well i guess Kubunut and Ubuntu are pretty much the same, so technically just 2 at the moment)...no monoply there i own 3 Motorola's, a Nokia, and 2 Samsung's...no microsoft in sight in the cell phone game The only place MS has a monoply is the PC market, although Apple is getting a little more market share, and i have prefered liux for years so Windows doesn't affect me that much (i don't even have to run it at Univeristy anymore since most of the labs now have open OSX machines and Suse machines.)
Avatar image for deactivated-5f033ecf40fed
deactivated-5f033ecf40fed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 deactivated-5f033ecf40fed
Member since 2004 • 2665 Posts
If there is a microsoft version of any type of product, I will buy that product over the others. Know why? Because they take care of their customers. Whenever I've had to call customer service they've been more helpful than I expected. Also, they improve their products, often for free. When I bought my 360 it couldn't output 1080p, I couldn't download HD movies or shows, I couldn't stream content from my PC. I know that when I buy a Microsoft product that I'm getting quality, so I wouldn't even care if they did have a monopoly.
lge777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 lge777
Member since 2003 • 2507 Posts

What do you guys think?
tyuzfuny

you forgot DOS which it's all based on..and YES Microsoft has had a monopoly for some time now the only reason it has not been broken up is there is still legit competition in all fields

darksusperia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 darksusperia
Member since 2004 • 6945 Posts

[QUOTE="tyuzfuny"]Think about this for a second...

Microsoft has the Xbox 360. Most people reading this will probably agree it's the strongest overall potential as a next-generation console/multimedia hub.
Microsoft makes the Windows OS' for the PC. It is the most popular OS there is.
Microsoft makes the Zune. In my opinion, it's the best MP3 player. I have one and I quite enjoy it. Plus, there is a lot of potential there.

Is it just me, or does it look like Microsoft could have a monopoly? Live Anywhere, if done right, could really mean a huge amount of people purchasing more Microsoft products. For me personally, I'm getting my hands on all of the Microsoft products I can, which is exactly what they want, I guess.

What do you guys think?
lge777

you forgot DOS which it's all based on..and YES Microsoft has had a monopoly for some time now the only reason it has not been broken up is there is still legit competition in all fields

he did but they also moved away from DOS with XP..
ChickenHawk07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 ChickenHawk07
Member since 2006 • 486 Posts
You may or may not remember a few years back, heck.... actually about 10+ years back Microsoft was sued because the companies who sued them alleged they HAD a monopoly on the computer market.  And.... THEY won!  Remember back in the day when PCs came with nothing but Microsoft accessories?  YUP, that all changed when they lost their case.  HOWEVER, Microsoft will always be one of the founding fathers in the computer industry and I will forever back them, so long as they continue to put out top notch products and continue to support their followers.
Mossaike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 Mossaike
Member since 2006 • 714 Posts
If all companies went out of production and Microsoft was alone then that would be a monopoly. Otherwise there are still other companies making same type of products.
-J3LLY-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 -J3LLY-
Member since 2006 • 296 Posts

hmmmmmmmmmmmm   ur makin my brain hurt

themc_7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#16 themc_7
Member since 2004 • 921 Posts
lmao, robin williams live on broadway
teebeenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 teebeenz
Member since 2006 • 4362 Posts
What do you guys think?tyuzfuny
Congratulations, you figured it out. Microsofts goal in all industries is to take it over, unlike other companies who goal is to compete as well as they can. To many people (especialy Americans) just dont get what MS is. If only people could see how often MS is taken to court for violating laws, sabotaging others products not to mention destroying evidence. They're 100% a company to avoid as any monopoly company is.
tyuzfuny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#18 tyuzfuny
Member since 2004 • 666 Posts
[QUOTE="tyuzfuny"]Think about this for a second...

Microsoft has the Xbox 360. Most people reading this will probably agree it's the strongest overall potential as a next-generation console/multimedia hub.
Microsoft makes the Windows OS' for the PC. It is the most popular OS there is.
Microsoft makes the Zune. In my opinion, it's the best MP3 player. I have one and I quite enjoy it. Plus, there is a lot of potential there.

Is it just me, or does it look like Microsoft could have a monopoly? Live Anywhere, if done right, could really mean a huge amount of people purchasing more Microsoft products. For me personally, I'm getting my hands on all of the Microsoft products I can, which is exactly what they want, I guess.

What do you guys think?
SymphonicWaves
The Zune sucks.

Why do you think the Zune sucks? Because it isn't an iPod? That's one of the reason's I like it... plus, it has a ton of features...