This topic is locked from further discussion.

xRmRxfreakBOMB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1 xRmRxfreakBOMB
Member since 2007 • 621 Posts

Today, I started up my 360 and was able to hear everyone fine. Then one of my friends sent me a chat invite and after he ended it, my mic started making this wierd high pitch sound. So I unplugged my mic and put it back in and now it doesn't work at all. Is there a way to fix this? Cause this is my 4th headset and I dont want to fork over $20 to get a new one.

DJ_Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 DJ_Magneto
Member since 2008 • 4675 Posts
First I've ever heard of this problem. Why have you gone through so many mics?
xRmRxfreakBOMB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 xRmRxfreakBOMB

First I've ever heard of this problem. Why have you gone through so many mics?DJ_Magneto

One was because of my friend threw it at the wall and the other ones just crapped out on me :|

DJ_Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DJ_Magneto
Member since 2008 • 4675 Posts

[QUOTE="DJ_Magneto"]First I've ever heard of this problem. Why have you gone through so many mics?xRmRxfreakBOMB

One was because of my friend threw it at the wall and the other ones just crapped out on me :|

You should have your friend buy you another one. Maybe try the wireless. That's what I use. BTW, you misspelled Jeremy in your sig.
Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts
[QUOTE="xRmRxfreakBOMB"]

[QUOTE="DJ_Magneto"]First I've ever heard of this problem. Why have you gone through so many mics?DJ_Magneto

You should have your friend buy you another one. Maybe try the wireless. That's what I use. BTW, you misspelled Jeremy in your sig.

I used to use a wireless one but it stopped working after a month.
Erock7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 Erock7
Member since 2006 • 339 Posts

The standard wired mics that come with the system are complete pieces of garbage. I'm on my third and I've only had my 360 for 2 years. That may not sound like a lot but considering I rarely use the mic and put it away when I'm done, it is kind of ridiculous.

It might not be completely dead yet. Try turning off/on the controller and then plug in the mic again. That works sometimes, other times it just seems to randomly start working again. This is exactly what started happening to my mics before each of them crapped out, so basically, the inevitable is coming.

I've heard from a few people the wireless mics are a lot better in terms of quality, so you might want to check those out. I'll probably be doing the same once my current mic breaks.

xRmRxfreakBOMB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 xRmRxfreakBOMB
Wow, I plugged it in after 4 hours and for some reson it started working again. These things are screwed up.
seeker512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 seeker512
Member since 2007 • 211 Posts
This happened to me to, but it was because my friend went 'away from chat' instead of ending it, so nobody could hear me, since i was still in the chat.