Metro Redux Region Locked?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by strothers101 (423 posts) -

So, I live in the land of Oz and the metro redux doesn't become available here for a few more days. I changed my region on the xbox website to US and the game shows up/ I am able to purchase. Will I be able to play the game on my console in Oz if I purchase it online through the US store or is it region locked?

#2 Posted by strothers101 (423 posts) -

To answer my own question. No, not region locked, works fine.

#3 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (15611 posts) -

@strothers101 said:

So, I live in the land of Oz and the metro redux doesn't become available here for a few more days. I changed my region on the xbox website to US and the game shows up/ I am able to purchase. Will I be able to play the game on my console in Oz if I purchase it online through the US store or is it region locked?

Is it available to download here in Aus this week? Because I know it's been delayed at retail till next week? Really wanted to play it before Destiny.

#4 Edited by strothers101 (423 posts) -

@hrt_rulz01: Google how to purchase games from the US xbox marketplace (digital). I am playing the game now. Saved $20 off the Aus RRP as well.

#5 Posted by sukraj (27508 posts) -

@hrt_rulz01 said:

@strothers101 said:

Is it available to download here in Aus this week? Because I know it's been delayed at retail till next week? Really wanted to play it before Destiny.

that sucks that its been delayed for a few more days bruv.

#6 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (15611 posts) -

@sukraj said:

@hrt_rulz01 said:

@strothers101 said:

Yeah tell me about it... Don't get why either. Everywhere else seems to get it this week. Weird.

#7 Edited by sukraj (27508 posts) -

@hrt_rulz01 said:

@sukraj said:

@hrt_rulz01 said:

@strothers101 said:

Yeah tell me about it... Don't get why either. Everywhere else seems to get it this week. Weird.

I live in the UK and I picked it up on the 29th of August.

#8 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (15611 posts) -

@sukraj said:

@hrt_rulz01 said:

@sukraj said:

@hrt_rulz01 said:

@strothers101 said:

Yeah it was available to download here on the 29th as well. Nearly finished them! Great games.

#9 Posted by sukraj (27508 posts) -

@hrt_rulz01 said:

@sukraj said:

@hrt_rulz01 said:

@sukraj said:

@hrt_rulz01 said:

@strothers101 said:

Yeah it was available to download here on the 29th as well. Nearly finished them! Great games.

that's cool

Are you getting Destiny?