Master Chief and Halo reach

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Steelmagnet12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Steelmagnet12
Member since 2009 • 54 Posts

I know this game is not about him but do you think he will make an apperance or maybe you might play as him later in the game? I have not read the books or anything so i do not know too much about the story

orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#2 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
Eh, I doubt it. I don't know the whole Halo story or the time line. But it would be pretty awesome if he showed up at the very end, just saying.
snipeshot11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 snipeshot11
Member since 2007 • 1006 Posts
Eh, I doubt it. I don't know the whole Halo story or the time line. But it would be pretty awesome if he showed up at the very end, just saying.orb_03_2006
If I'm not mistaking, which i very well could be, Halo Reach is set before any of the Halo's.
DeanG642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#4 DeanG642
Member since 2009 • 595 Posts
I seem to be the only one here who HAS read the books... Master Chief is in space during the time Noble are on Reach, so no, Master Chief wont be in campaign. He has however been confirmed as a Firefight Voice.
Steelmagnet12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Steelmagnet12

[QUOTE="orb_03_2006"]Eh, I doubt it. I don't know the whole Halo story or the time line. But it would be pretty awesome if he showed up at the very end, just saying.snipeshot11
If I'm not mistaking, which i very well could be, Halo Reach is set before any of the Halo's.

yea it is but it would be cool if like the last mission you play as chief just to be able to boss it up with him one last time

DesiGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DesiGhost
Member since 2010 • 371 Posts

[QUOTE="orb_03_2006"]Eh, I doubt it. I don't know the whole Halo story or the time line. But it would be pretty awesome if he showed up at the very end, just saying.snipeshot11

Yeah, 'cause it's a prologue. So you're still fighting the Elites and stuff. Maybe the Chief will show up at the end, or maybe if you're about to die in the last mission, he saves you and then there's the concluding scene.

penpusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 penpusher
Member since 2004 • 3573 Posts

I know this game is not about him but do you think he will make an apperance or maybe you might play as him later in the game? I have not read the books or anything so i do not know too much about the story

Steelmagnet12

ok you didnt read the books but...did you at least play the first game or read the first manual? that would have told you absolutely that there will be no sign of masterchief in this game fullstop. He was on the pillar of autum speeding away into subspace as the battle of reach began.

You are mistaken (kind of) the game is actually set pretty much parrallel to the original game as master cheif is on his way to halo as the battle for reach goes on and since we dont know how long the battle lasts yet its likely that master cheif was on halo during the battle as well. Not that it makes a lot of difference.

DeanG642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DeanG642
[QUOTE="Steelmagnet12"]

penpusher
ok you didnt read the books but...did you at least play the first game or read the first manual? that would have told you absolutely that there will be no sign of masterchief in this game fullstop. He was on the pillar of autum speeding away into subspace as the battle of reach began.

Actually, he was in space, defending the orbital stations. It was after that that the Pillar of Autumn Jumped.
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#9 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

He's in firefight if that counts

just guessing

in campaign the max you hear about master chief is someone in campaign talking about him in a phrase.... maby if you turn on daddy skull one of grunts make a comment idk.

just guessing

grunt says"HAHA wanna-be John 117 go boom HAHA"

penpusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 penpusher
Member since 2004 • 3573 Posts
[QUOTE="penpusher"][QUOTE="Steelmagnet12"]

DeanG642

Actually, he was in space, defending the orbital stations. It was after that that the Pillar of Autumn Jumped.

If you wish to be precise about it yes. He was in oribit in the open stage but he was on the pillar of autum when the battle started getting serious which was within a few hours of the start (roughly).
Zyllus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 Zyllus_
Member since 2008 • 1509 Posts

Master Chief will not be in Halo Reach.

Steelmagnet12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Steelmagnet12

so its confirmed that you will play as master chief in halo reach

DeanG642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DeanG642

so its confirmed that you will play as master chief in halo reach

Steelmagnet12
Have you read the thread or are you trolling? No you dont play as Master Chief in Reach, you wont even see him. But you can have his voice in Firefight.
Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Overlord93
Member since 2007 • 12602 Posts

I reckon he will pass by in the background of a cutscene, or you might see his refence number or whatever it is on the side of a cryo tank alongside a load of others.I dont think his appearance will be active, but its bungie. theres no way they won't put in some kind of easter egg involved in seeing him

Raiden004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15 Raiden004
Member since 2009 • 1605 Posts

I heard somewhere that he will a very small appearance in story but he's not important in the game.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#16 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

He's in firefight if that counts

just guessing

in campaign the max you hear about master chief is someone in campaign talking about him in a phrase.... maby if you turn on daddy skull one of grunts make a comment idk.

just guessing

grunt says"HAHA wanna-be John 117 go boom HAHA"

k2theswiss
I lol'ed :lol: That would be COOL. I would be satisfied just to be able to use his skin in Firefight 2.0. Although at the time, I will be more excited about the Noble Team than Master Chief. All in all, Halo Reach is about Noble Team, and it isn't about Master Chief. I have no clue how the storyline goes, but it would be epic if Master Chief made an appearance. I'd be happy with a cameo.
orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 orb_03_2006
Well, what if he shows up for a split second in the legendary ending? That'd be nice.
DeanG642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DeanG642

I heard somewhere that he will a very small appearance in story but he's not important in the game.

Raiden004
Where could you have heard that? Its been basically confirmed MC is not in the reach campaign at all, and we will never see him. Ive lived on the Bungie.Net for the past 6 months, so if anyone knows, its me.
gc88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 gc88
Member since 2009 • 713 Posts

i wish there would be an online mode where you as master chief. like master chief slayer or something

gc88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 gc88
Member since 2009 • 713 Posts
[QUOTE="gc88"]

i wish there would be an online mode where you as master chief. like master chief slayer or something

[/QUOTE *play as
orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 orb_03_2006
Well, anyone agree that it would have made more sense for a pre-order bonus to have been Chief's armor?
DeanG642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DeanG642
Well, anyone agree that it would have made more sense for a pre-order bonus to have been Chief's armor?orb_03_2006
Chiefs armor is only Mark V/VI. Why would we need his armor as a Pre Order Bonus when re could re create it ourselves?
orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 orb_03_2006
[QUOTE="orb_03_2006"]Well, anyone agree that it would have made more sense for a pre-order bonus to have been Chief's armor?DeanG642
Chiefs armor is only Mark V/VI. Why would we need his armor as a Pre Order Bonus when re could re create it ourselves?

I dunno, just seems like a good way to make sales.
DeanG642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DeanG642
[QUOTE="DeanG642"][QUOTE="orb_03_2006"]Well, anyone agree that it would have made more sense for a pre-order bonus to have been Chief's armor?orb_03_2006

I dunno, just seems like a good way to make sales.

lmao. that would be a great way to get noob sales! Here! Best deal of the decade! Pre-Order Halo Reach, and get the to play the game absolutely free! Hell, we will even throw in multiplayer!
scorch-62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 scorch-62
Member since 2006 • 29763 Posts
John-117 was defending orbital stations above the planet's surface while Reach was being attacked. He is only confirmed to be in the game as a Firefight Voice.
Brawl55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 Brawl55
Member since 2007 • 1223 Posts

Master Cheif will be in Reach but not in the Single Player but in the Multiplayer. It was in a Bungie Weekly Update a few weeks ago. Click on the picture with all the helmets and at the bottom of the list you'll see him.

NuclearFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 NuclearFlower
Member since 2010 • 575 Posts

John-117 was defending orbital stations above the planet's surface while Reach was being attacked. He is only confirmed to be in the game as a Firefight Voice.scorch-62
Excactly.The only way he'll appear in the story is if there's a flashback scene,or if Bungie completely goes against the books.

andalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 andalore
Member since 2007 • 2644 Posts

I seem to be the only one here who HAS read the books... Master Chief is in space during the time Noble are on Reach, so no, Master Chief wont be in campaign. He has however been confirmed as a Firefight Voice.DeanG642

Haven't they brought out a new version of The Fall of Reach though that adds stuff from Halo:reach? Anyways He'll probably be in there if not in game then After credits, a la Sgt. Johnson in ODST.

scorch-62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 scorch-62
Member since 2006 • 29763 Posts
[QUOTE="scorch-62"]John-117 was defending orbital stations above the planet's surface while Reach was being attacked. He is only confirmed to be in the game as a Firefight Voice.NuclearFlower
Excactly.The only way he'll appear in the story is if there's a flashback scene,or if Bungie completely goes against the books.

Bungie stated that the games come first in canon. If the games portray something that seemingly contradicts something from the books, then the game canon replaces the pre-existing canon. I don't like that at all, but it's what Bungie said.