Mass Effect withdrawl

This topic is locked from further discussion.

raydog44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 raydog44
Member since 2006 • 248 Posts

I got really into this game and found my self playing first thing when I got home from work each day. Now after beating it I don't want to jump into the next level and replay it right away. Is there any game out there like this game. I know some will say Oblivian but I tried it on the PC and did not get into it. I guess it would be helpful if people listed their top 3 RPG's.

PS: Do you think Shepard will hook up with Ash in the next Mass Effect or did I just play it a certain way where I got with Liara instead?

PSS: And I used Wrex in every mission I did but did not get the Krogran achievement, what up with that?

ANU81SS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ANU81SS
Member since 2004 • 114 Posts

uhh how about any of the star wars knights of the old republic games very similar to mass effect done by same studio plus they are xbox games so u could get them cheap

and yes you can hook up with ashley you just have to talk to her between mission

and you have to get the completionist achievement in order to have the chance of gettin a krogan ally achievement or any of the ally ones

msjr78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 msjr78
Member since 2005 • 4004 Posts
Can you hook up with both of them?
grunt1096

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 grunt1096
Member since 2007 • 120769 Posts

Can you hook up with both of them?msjr78

No, not in the same game if you try you'll get Liara.

raydog44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 raydog44

I did everything possible to hook up with Ash but she kept saying we can talk later. Meanwhile, Liara was all over me and practically begged me. Next time through I am not sure what else i can say to Ash, but I know I will reject Liara right off the bat, maybe that is the key.

What is the completionist achievement, I did every possible sidequest there was except the scanning keeper one.

cleotis_max

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 cleotis_max
Member since 2007 • 979 Posts
If you talk to both of them eventually towards the end of the game you'll be forced to pick which one you want.. It happened to me. But I thought the game was overall boring.
ashuncc2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ashuncc2
Member since 2004 • 886 Posts
I enjoyed KOTOR 2. You may want to check it out.
RipaX21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 RipaX21
Member since 2005 • 1675 Posts
You should definitely play Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic for the original Xbox. The first one was made by Bioware (the studio that did Mass Effect). If you like it try the second one too, Bioware passed production to a company called Obsidian and they did a descent job. Also take a look at Jade Empire, another RPG made by Bioware, it takes place in a fictional ancient oriental setting and has some really cool gameplay aspects.
g5velocity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 g5velocity
Member since 2007 • 1017 Posts

I did everything possible to hook up with Ash but she kept saying we can talk later. Meanwhile, Liara was all over me and practically begged me.......

raydog44

Once you pick up Liara and talk to her, she asks if you have interest in Ash. If you say no then you're all game for Liara.

KoRn_Eddy_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 KoRn_Eddy_88
Member since 2005 • 1619 Posts
Bioware has taken over the spot of top RPG, Square enix (or what ever they are called now) sucks now adays
Jbul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Jbul
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts

I got really into this game and found my self playing first thing when I got home from work each day. Now after beating it I don't want to jump into the next level and replay it right away. Is there any game out there like this game. I know some will say Oblivian but I tried it on the PC and did not get into it. I guess it would be helpful if people listed their top 3 RPG's.

PS: Do you think Shepard will hook up with Ash in the next Mass Effect or did I just play it a certain way where I got with Liara instead?

PSS: And I used Wrex in every mission I did but did not get the Krogran achievement, what up with that?

raydog44

To answer your question, no... there isn't anything quite like Mass Effect out there. Unless you want to go with an older RPG like KOTOR made my Bioware. I had the same problem... I needed something epic to fill the void after completed ME, and Oblivion just can't cut it.

You can hook up with either girl in the game, depending on your dialogue choices. I hear you can even get them to fight over you in the end.

To get the Krogan achievement, you must complete more of the game, meaning side-quests and such. If you do, you'll get numerous ally achievements depending on who's still alive in your party at the time.

msdd9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#12 msdd9
Member since 2007 • 2957 Posts

[QUOTE="msjr78"]Can you hook up with both of them?grunt1096

No, not in the same game if you try you'll get Liara.

You can do it with the Consort and one of the others in the same game.

Other than OBLIVION and The Knights of The Old Republic games I can't think of anything like ME.

Also to get the Krogan ally acheivement you have to do a lot of the side missions not just main missions.

Jbul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Jbul
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts

Bioware has taken over the spot of top RPG, Square enix (or what ever they are called now) sucks now adaysKoRn_Eddy_88

QFT. When's the last time we got a FF game that really mattered? :|

Dreski83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#14 Dreski83
Member since 2003 • 1104 Posts

I used Wrex in every mission I did but did not get the Krogran achievement, what up with thatraydog44

yea... I love this game and all, but going thru another play and not getting that achievement I was salty. I'm working on a biotic character now and using the Krogan again, so if I don't get it from using the character start to finish this time I'll let you know.

What we need is some DL content!! Its too damn taunting to have the option on the start screen, so please Bioware, a few more planets, some more missions, maybe even different powers... something!! :cry:

KoRn_Eddy_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 KoRn_Eddy_88
Member since 2005 • 1619 Posts

[QUOTE="KoRn_Eddy_88"]Bioware has taken over the spot of top RPG, Square enix (or what ever they are called now) sucks now adaysJbul

QFT. When's the last time we got a FF game that really mattered? :|

i no know. i said they sucked not that they were the best. Bioware is the top "dawg" now and s.e. is their biotch

wazoo2507

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 wazoo2507
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
The game is great but you get tired of it easily.
skatatay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 skatatay
Member since 2007 • 1617 Posts
I love this game but i hate when you get on a part where all you do is talk.
raydog44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 raydog44

I feel I completed every side mission possible, I took my time with them before ever doing the main mission and still no ally achievement even though I took Wrex with me on every mission possible. And yes I got the completionist achievment.

I am now playing as a soilder and trying to get the renegade achievement and most of the weapon achievements so I am being an azz to almost everyone. However its starting to bore me a bit so I might just sell it and move on to some older games I never got to play like rainbow 6.

By the way, I heard ME is a trilogy, any word on when ME2 will come out? 2009?