Mass Effect on PS3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mumbator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 mumbator
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

What is your opinion on the matter surroundingrelease ofMass Effect on PS3 in January? Do you think it is fair thatXbox gamers not only lose exclusivity to one of its best games but also thefact that PS3 versionwill besuperior to Xbox 360 version due to bug fixing, the use of new engine and the addition of all downloadable content previously released?

P.s. Sorry for any mistakes. English is not my first language.

poordude1089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 poordude1089
Member since 2006 • 328 Posts

So ME2 is coming to the PS3. Big deal. In fact, great! more people are going to play it, more people in the fanbase. What makes you think there isn't going to be a ME2: GotY edition that will include all DLC for Xbox? Exclusivity arguments are just a product of the console wars, people whining about how good Forza is over Gran Turismo, Move over Kinect, Mario over Sonic, this is old as consoles themselves. Simple words of wisdom, let it be.

EvilSelf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#3 EvilSelf
Member since 2010 • 3619 Posts

What is your opinion on the matter surroundingrelease ofMass Effect on PS3 in January? Do you think it is fair thatXbox gamers not only lose exclusivity to one of its best games but also thefact that PS3 versionwill besuperior to Xbox 360 version due to bug fixing, the use of new engine and the addition of all downloadable content previously released?

P.s. Sorry for any mistakes. English is not my first language.

mumbator

Well, you cant really blame BioWare and EArts. Every business has the ultimate goal to maximize profits and restrictions like this will be fewer and fewer in the future. As for how we, the XBOX 360 owners, feel about loosing the exclusive Mass Effect to the PS3 bunch, i can only answer with this: the same way they felt when they lost FF13 or MGS: Rising or any other PS3 exclusive that came or will come to the XBOX...

As is said, it should not surprise anybody anymore that there are fewer and fewer exclusives in the gaming world - Money talks....

N7v1K0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 N7v1K0
Member since 2009 • 5755 Posts

IMO exclusive stuff is perhaps one of the dumbest things ever done

It's good that they can experience ME2 too

djphelps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 djphelps
Member since 2002 • 331 Posts

More people playing Mass Effect = more money for developers = higher chance of additional Mass Effect games being made.

Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts

N7v1K0

Well i have to disagree with you there. Im not opposed to more people enjoying a game but what is the point of multiple systems if they all have the same exact games? Unfortunately thats what the gaming industry is coming to these days. I dont see the though as the 360 has some major games from sony as well.

SapSacPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 SapSacPrime
Member since 2004 • 8925 Posts

I think you are flame baiting making a topic like this on here instead of system wars were it is old news, it was never 360 exclusive anyway and the PS version has no chance of being the best looking...

mumbator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mumbator
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
I know it is all about money, but I think Xbox 360 and PS3 gamers should be treated equally. Is it a lot to ask for? In this case, PS3 owners get the advantage out of originally Xbox 360 exclusive.
shaunchgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 shaunchgo
Member since 2006 • 4605 Posts

This is good. Mass Effect 2 is a phenomenal game that every gamer should have the opportunity to experience.

Endgame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Endgame_basic
Member since 2002 • 950 Posts

I think you are flame baiting making a topic like this on here instead of system wars were it is old news, it was never 360 exclusive anyway and the PS version has no chance of being the best looking...

SapSacPrime
IGN just compared both yesterday and said the PS3 version is actually quite a bit better looking. As for the PS3 getting the game, I don't really care, I've already finished it about 3 times.
DJ_Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DJ_Magneto
Member since 2008 • 4675 Posts
I don't get all uptight about exclusives. And I don't care if the PS3 gets an improved version of ME2. I got ME2 on launch, played through it twice and have all its DLC. By the time it's out on the PS3, I have already moved on to other games. Good for those PS3 players who get a chance to have fun with the game.
N7v1K0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 N7v1K0
Member since 2009 • 5755 Posts

[QUOTE="N7v1K0"]

Gen007

Well i have to disagree with you there. Im not opposed to more people enjoying a game but what is the point of multiple systems if they all have the same exact games? Unfortunately thats what the gaming industry is coming to these days. I dont see the though as the 360 has some major games from sony as well.

There should be a universal console or just PCs. The best thing would be if the Big 3 would all team up

Xbox360Gamer15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13 Xbox360Gamer15
Member since 2009 • 3937 Posts
i hate bioware for desiding to put ME on the stupid ps3....stupid bleepin bioware
orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#14 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
[QUOTE="N7v1K0"]

I agree. Developers can lose so much money that way.
yagr_zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#15 yagr_zero
Member since 2006 • 27850 Posts
This doesn't belong on this board. This should be in System Wars.