Mass Effect is going to the dark side.......Sony

This topic is locked from further discussion.

simo98088

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 simo98088
Member since 2003 • 927 Posts

BioWare and Microsoft on Mass Effect's future Publisher 'committed'; developer 'love the 360' but will 'see what happens'.

As reported by PALGN, Electronic Arts recently announced their acquisition of games developer BioWare Corp. Under the terms of the deal, EA will obtain the rights to BioWare's science fiction action-RPG Mass Effect, which is set to be published by Microsoft Game Studios this holiday season.

BioWare reiterated on numerous occasions that Mass Effect would be a trilogy of Xbox 360 exclusives. In light of the recent news though, any future release of sequels seemed unclear. However, according to TeamXbox, Microsoft has just provided an update on the situation:

'Microsoft has not yet announced specifics regarding sequels to Mass Effect but we'll be talking to EA and BioWare in the weeks to come. Mass Effect is the most anticipated role-playing game of the season, on any platform, and we are committed to the franchise's long term success.'

http://palgn.com.au/article.php?title=BioWare+and+Microsoft+on+Mass+Effect%27s+future&id=9128&sid=8585cfcbb930e17c73a5d8764270783a

You think they will bring ME to the Sony?

Sutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 Sutton
Member since 2003 • 1758 Posts
Who cares...
killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts

Who cares...Sutton

I do.......................not

usaaaaaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 usaaaaaa
Member since 2008 • 1071 Posts
Who cares about exclusives? Seriously, you fanboys are pathetic.
totaldj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 totaldj
Member since 2004 • 3556 Posts
well maybe the sequals...but not the original
Bruce_McGivern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Bruce_McGivern
Member since 2003 • 1667 Posts
Erm... You are reading way to far into this.
tiger35010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 tiger35010
Member since 2004 • 859 Posts
would it matter? ms already stole dmc4,re5,gta4, and such... just let them have it...
FUBAR24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 FUBAR24
Member since 2005 • 12185 Posts
i still and always have thought that exclusives kill gaming. its what seperates us all when we all have one thing in common and thats a love of video games
PerfectGamer17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 PerfectGamer17
Member since 2008 • 303 Posts

nice Now more people get to play a great game.

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts

i still and always have thought that exclusives kill gaming. its what seperates us all when we all have one thing in common and thats a love of video gamesFUBAR24

no its the oposite of that. exclusivesbrings life to gaming. Sony,MS and Nintendo have something to compete against eachother. they all try to get the biggest and best exclusives to sell their consoles.

and developper studios get a very large amount of money for it to make new great games.

mpchitown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mpchitown
Member since 2004 • 199 Posts
the point is it has already come out on 360, who cares if sony might ever get it, HEY LOOK ASSASSINS CREDE come out on ps3 in 2 MONTHS !!!! WEEEEE
acidic_dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 acidic_dude
Member since 2003 • 1713 Posts
I really dont think they will, but if they do, who cares? Does it matter to you? It shouldnt unless you are some kind of microsoft shareholder. The systems are at the point to where they already have enough user install base to where it dont matter if the same identical games come out for each system, they are both gonna do well enough to the point to where they will not die during this generation, so please people, quite wishing for MGS4 on the 360 and Mass Effect not to go to the PS3, if you really like games, you will go and buy a PS3 or a 360 to play the games. I think people just dont understand how pointless the system wars really are, who cares who wins, we wont know for another 5-7 years and by that time no one is going to care because they will be moved on to the next generation of gaming consoles by then.
Dilan120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Dilan120
Member since 2007 • 1137 Posts

The dark side: Sony?

There is no "Dark side" because this is only gaming

Idiot

Jam_FDUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Jam_FDUK
Member since 2005 • 904 Posts
Hmm, that is an interesting quote. Does seem like they're not fully committed either way, and after all, they'd make more money by making it multiplatform... I guess we shall see!
PMatt722

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 PMatt722
Member since 2007 • 935 Posts

The dark side: Sony?

There is no "Dark side" because this is only gaming

Idiot

Dilan120

hey u PEN15 there is a dark side..its called nintendo!

sandroDX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 sandroDX
Member since 2007 • 3661 Posts
Aslong as i can play it on my 360, i really dont give a damn to where it goes...
BatrozX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BatrozX
Member since 2006 • 358 Posts
umm...I dont know but if I'm correct the game is made by Bioware AND Microsoft Game Studios, I really doubt that a game by Microsoft be released on the Sony PS3. Now if a future sequel is made by EA instead of Microsoft, that's another thing, but I really dont care as long as it appears on 360, the 360 is already 2nd place in the war and it will stay 2nd place until the day the other gen consoles come.
Sty1ez101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18 Sty1ez101
Member since 2005 • 212 Posts

Hmm, that is an interesting quote. Does seem like they're not fully committed either way, and after all, they'd make more money by making it multiplatform... I guess we shall see!Jam_FDUK

When your a programmer it's really more about the money so why are you guys cash blocking?? It's like having a lemonade stand and your first customer is a latino guy so you decide to only do business with the latino community for the rest of your life. You know there are more people and people equal money.

If you like it for 360, just buy it for 360 and then tell the non-360 owners why its better for 360.

Let the hardware do the fight it out not the developers and teams.

outbreak201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#19 outbreak201
Member since 2005 • 8372 Posts

well maybe the sequals...but not the originaltotaldj

thank god...i hated the original...they could of done it 1000x more better ...hopefully make a better story with no cliff hanger, better environments, less repetive ...after all those flaws from the first one ....then u got yourself a good game...

Stavr0s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 Stavr0s
Member since 2007 • 1003 Posts

i still and always have thought that exclusives kill gaming. its what seperates us all when we all have one thing in common and thats a love of video gamesFUBAR24

If exclusives kill gaming, what killed the Gamecube?

Also, if MA is going to the ps3, it shouldn't really matter. You like Mass Effect, go get a ps3. You don't like the ps3, suffer. You don't like Mass Effect, don't complain.

Simple really. . .

outbreak201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#22 outbreak201
Member since 2005 • 8372 Posts

Phony Gaystation...lol

simo98088

your smart :roll:

bradleybradley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 bradleybradley
Member since 2003 • 287 Posts
GOOD i say, I hope bioware gets stinking rich off this game so they keep making more and with due haste. This game has the best created universe in a long time and I really want to explore the hell out of it.
bradleybradley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 bradleybradley
Member since 2003 • 287 Posts

also just wanted to note that I think the days of total exclusives are over for big name 3rd party titles.

timed exclusives will stay around because I think developers would enjoy thebenefitsof focusing on a single platform for the first release. Not the mention the bags of money I'm sure there handed by microsoft/sony

Nocturnal15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Nocturnal15
Member since 2006 • 1476 Posts

so please people, quite wishing for MGS4 on the 360 and Mass Effect not to go to the PS3, if you really like games, you will go and buy a PS3 or a 360 to play the games. I think people just dont understand how pointless the system wars really are, who cares who winsacidic_dude

1)Buying another console just to play 1 or 2 exclusive games is probably the most idiotic thing a person can do. Even if you have the money to do it, it's still just plain stupid. Hell i have the money to buy a PS3 and play tekken, god of war and MGS, but if MGS came out on another console that would just be a big waste.

2)Quite crying about system wars. Would you rather have a real war? Competition between companies and their products is what keeps them alive. Technically theres a "war" between lots of companies. You see Clean And Clear competing with ProActiv on the ads and hell dont even get me started on cellular and landline phone companies as well as banks trying to get more people to set up an account with their company. If everything was the same, life would be bland. What we have to do is not take things too far and resort to violence.

sony_vaio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#26 sony_vaio
Member since 2004 • 1721 Posts

Who cares...Sutton

Yea who does care? SONY is a day late and a dollar short.

Lo_Rising

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#27 Lo_Rising
Member since 2007 • 930 Posts
gamepro just released a story that says mgs 4 is coming to the 360 12 to 14 months after release on the ps3, of course ms wont comment on rumors. and not that i care just that exclusives are a dying breed moving closer towards a universal console one day
Fatality4u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#28 Fatality4u
Member since 2003 • 3289 Posts
It is good for everyone involved.
Avatar image for im-a-roustabout
im-a-roustabout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 im-a-roustabout
Member since 2007 • 1408 Posts
I'm glad to see more and more people actually hearlding multi-plat releases. I've always believed that third party exclusives should be abolished. The publisher will make MORE money which means BETTER games or sequels if they just released on ALL platforms. Sony is not the dark side and I don't care what anybody says Micro got into the gaming biz last so how do you guys have the right to hate on the other companies when this one is the most "noob" of all? Hopefully they will fix a few things like the pop-up. Really takes away from the game. Here's hopin that every third party will go multi like Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy :)
Dreski83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#30 Dreski83
Member since 2003 • 1104 Posts
I really don't mind if the game even finds its way to the Wii... nobody but 360 owners will have the infectious joy of using biotic powers on some random baddie and seeing a achievement pop up :oops: or maybe thats just my sh!ts and giggles