Mass Effect Import help.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cpurple12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 cpurple12
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
So I recently got the Mass Effect Trilogy box set for my birthday and I finished Mass Effect 1. I went to import my save, and everything says it worked fine, the screen shows all my previous stats, but when I go into ME2 and escape the ship, and meet with the illusive man, I am only level 3 instead of 36 and it behaves as if I just started over. Someone please help because I was looking forward to this part most of all about the games. Thanks.
KSU-Wildcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 KSU-Wildcat
Member since 2008 • 859 Posts
That's very odd. I didn't have the box set, but completed them over the years. Amazing games. My imports into ME2 and 3 put me around the 50 range, which let me pick and choose a lot of stats right off the bat. You may want to make sure you thoroughly completed ME1, not only for the stats but for the story decisions too. There are many small things that a quick play through would miss that alter 2 and 3 in some of the coolest ways.
KSU-Wildcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 KSU-Wildcat
50ish may be a bit high, but it was certainly way up there.
Djdiddles77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#4 Djdiddles77
Member since 2008 • 648 Posts

That's very odd. I didn't have the box set, but completed them over the years. Amazing games. My imports into ME2 and 3 put me around the 50 range, which let me pick and choose a lot of stats right off the bat. You may want to make sure you thoroughly completed ME1, not only for the stats but for the story decisions too. There are many small things that a quick play through would miss that alter 2 and 3 in some of the coolest ways. KSU-Wildcat

I agree, just make sure you fully complete it.  How the first 2 games mix in your decsions or how they come up is one of the best parts of the game.  I never had any issues importing into ME2 and ME3 but didn't have the box set, just purchased them as they came out.  I can't remember if you start at a low level but have a bunch of points to spend to upgrade your character on the new game though.  I'm pretty sure level 50 is the top on ME1, or maybe 60 if you do a replay.

KSU-Wildcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 KSU-Wildcat

[QUOTE="KSU-Wildcat"]That's very odd. I didn't have the box set, but completed them over the years. Amazing games. My imports into ME2 and 3 put me around the 50 range, which let me pick and choose a lot of stats right off the bat. You may want to make sure you thoroughly completed ME1, not only for the stats but for the story decisions too. There are many small things that a quick play through would miss that alter 2 and 3 in some of the coolest ways. Djdiddles77

I agree, just make sure you fully complete it.  How the first 2 games mix in your decsions or how they come up is one of the best parts of the game.  I never had any issues importing into ME2 and ME3 but didn't have the box set, just purchased them as they came out.  I can't remember if you start at a low level but have a bunch of points to spend to upgrade your character on the new game though.  I'm pretty sure level 50 is the top on ME1, or maybe 60 if you do a replay.

Yea, it's been a while, but I don't think you start quite as high in the next game as you were in the first.  But, you do start plenty high (if you were maxed in ME1, you'll start in the 20s or 30s), and whatever class or specializations you had in the first will carry over into the others.  Again, can't stress enough how much of a payoff it is to thoroughly finish ME1.  There are many encounters that may or may not seem important, but most of them carry over into the other games to quite cool results.  One of the few series that makes me wish I could delete my memory of it, just to experience it all new again.