Madden 10...Not Bad

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Lemieux66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Lemieux66
Member since 2002 • 13716 Posts

Madden 10 has surprised me so far. Just from the demo, it seems like it might be the 1st Madden I buy in a LONG TIME.

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

I haven't been able to play the demo yet. Does anyone know if it'll enhance the Franchise mode to a point where it's fun again?

NemeSyS-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 NemeSyS-1
Member since 2009 • 464 Posts

I think that based on my play time on the Madden 10 demo, that this years Madden will be the best one in a long, long time. I have played about 10 games so far as both the Steelers and the Cards trying all kinds of different plays and formations on both offense and defense. The things that I am most impressed with so far are....

1. Graphics are by far the best this generation has seen on 360 oe PS3. Everything from the turf, stadium, jerseys and helmets as well as the player models all shine bigtime.

2. The new QB automatic drop back feature is a great addition . Depending on whether you call quick pass fromations or longer routes, your QB will auto matically drop 3, 5 or 7 steps. So now you can hike the ball and look down field much more than you could before. The O-line actually forms a pocket and from what I have experienced so far against the CPU, pass rushing isn't going to be nearly as easy as it has been in the past.

3. The spin move is not nearly as devastating as it was. You actually lose some speed and momentum if you execute a spin now. Depending on who your RB is, how easy they go down is even more realistic now. I can imagine that a big back like Brandon Jacobs will take atleast 2-3 guys to bring him down alot of the time. Whereas a little guy like Reggie Bush will be an easy tackle if you can catch him.

4. The new button mash mini game for possesion of a lose ball in a pile of players is fun and interesting.

5. FINALLY, DB's can be burned for huge gains. Play action actually works somewhat like it does in real life.

6. The onfield refs, chain gangs and such are great for a totally immersive experience.

I have been playing the Gamestop demo with the 5 minute quarters, so I feel I have a very good grasp on how the full game will play. Based on my time with the demo, I cant imagine this game scoring less than an 8.5 and should get a 9 Imo.

BTW, I have been reading some bad comments on Madden 10 from some people and I just have to ask you guys this question. What exactly is it that you all want from EA and the Madden franchise? Because to be honest, I here so many of gripes and complaints year after year and I just dont get it. If you are all having sour grapes about the whole demise of 2K football, get over it already!!! Go play that game now. It isn't as great as you remember it was!!

Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts
I don't understand why they stripped the demo of the presentation/commentary. Seems like a dumb move when you are trying to sell a product. I don't like the play call system, I prefer NCAA's because you can see more plays at once. The Pro-TAK is a cool system, but it gets kind of ridiculous seeing the decently sized reciever/rb always slip away from the first tackler.
finalbullet2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 finalbullet2
Member since 2007 • 76 Posts
[QUOTE="II-FBIsniper-II"]I don't understand why they stripped the demo of the presentation/commentary. Seems like a dumb move when you are trying to sell a product. I don't like the play call system, I prefer NCAA's because you can see more plays at once. The Pro-TAK is a cool system, but it gets kind of ridiculous seeing the decently sized reciever/rb always slip away from the first tackler.

Yeah NCAA is much better in that department
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
damn demo hasnt come out in australia yet, very disappointing
Avatar image for ilplaynebody510
ilplaynebody510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ilplaynebody510
Member since 2005 • 673 Posts

The XBOX LIVE demo was CRAP! The Gamestop Demo from what i hurd is the way to go to get a better IDEA of what 2010 will be like

huerito323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#8 huerito323
Member since 2009 • 1432 Posts

i agree..Madden looks great this year.I have always criticized Madden games, I even made a negative review on Madden 2009. The last great Madden game in my opinion was 04. After playing the demo, I have to say I am impressed. Being a fan of the old 2K games, this game reminded me a lot about it. The gameplay is more realistic, and the running doesn't feel awkward anymore. The crowd sounds alive, and the graphics are top notch. I think Madden is finally catching up.

Avatar image for bluntmastaslaya
bluntmastaslaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 bluntmastaslaya
Member since 2006 • 1219 Posts

well, they are not trying to sell a product to the people who are playing the demo... they already bought the game and got the demo for free.... but my buddy got the demo and i am really excited about it cause it remind me more of the Madden on Xbox and PS2 before they went to the next generation... thats when madden was at its best

Avatar image for deactivated-57a12126af02c
deactivated-57a12126af02c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-57a12126af02c
Member since 2007 • 3290 Posts
They need to fix the replays. If you make a long run or pass you catch the last 15 yards of it. Lame
Lemieux66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Lemieux66
Member since 2002 • 13716 Posts

The XBOX LIVE demo was CRAP! The Gamestop Demo from what i hurd is the way to go to get a better IDEA of what 2010 will be like

ilplaynebody510

After playing the Live demo I pre ordered and I got the Gamestop one. It's 4 5min quarters. It's really good.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

What is it with people who are getting the demo of the game they preordered?

There's other deals out there people lol

As for the game, it's magnificent

gamerzay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 gamerzay
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Here's my take, and I'll post this multiple times, and whether you choose to "respect my post" or not is all your personal choice. But in my opinion, Madden is like Rome. A great dynasty destined to fall. Of course, madden is a household game, and I love the competition it brings to fans year in and year out. But eventually that will cease. Madden is getting better and better for online play only (in my opinion) so of course die hard madden fans are going to go nuts. But lets step away from the gridiron and look at the hardwood. An interesting study (moreover fact) I saw that EA doesn't want to comment on is NBA LIVE. NBA live was the **** I must say, but due to a sneaky competitor *COUGH* NBA 2K9, NBA LIVE 09 almost fell off the charts. Its interest and honestly, spotlight has dimmed especially since last year. So, my question is..when the exclusive NFL rights are ended, and 2k and/or other CAPABLE competitors have a chance to make a game, will Madden die down a bit (of course madden will never totally go away) or will EA create a madden that will be magnificent OUTSIDE of online play, and go from year-to-year "make up touches" to extreme, eye-boggling changes such as create a team, more player realism (that 2k did in NBA2k9 which drove fans wild), and pleasing the all-around fan: leave no stone unturned. I BELIEVE MADDEN NEEDS TO WATCH OUT FOR 2K WHEN THE EXCLUSIVE NFL RIGHTS END! As seen with the NBA2K9 vs NBALIVE09 the better game always sells more. EA NEEDS TO LISTEN TO THEMSELVES, IT IS ALL ABOUT WHAT'S IN THE GAME...NOT THE NAME OF IT...
Doomtime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Doomtime
Member since 2004 • 4282 Posts

Here's my take, and I'll post this multiple times, and whether you choose to "respect my post" or not is all your personal choice. But in my opinion, Madden is like Rome. A great dynasty destined to fall. Of course, madden is a household game, and I love the competition it brings to fans year in and year out. But eventually that will cease. Madden is getting better and better for online play only (in my opinion) so of course die hard madden fans are going to go nuts. But lets step away from the gridiron and look at the hardwood. An interesting study (moreover fact) I saw that EA doesn't want to comment on is NBA LIVE. NBA live was the **** I must say, but due to a sneaky competitor *COUGH* NBA 2K9, NBA LIVE 09 almost fell off the charts. Its interest and honestly, spotlight has dimmed especially since last year. So, my question is..when the exclusive NFL rights are ended, and 2k and/or other CAPABLE competitors have a chance to make a game, will Madden die down a bit (of course madden will never totally go away) or will EA create a madden that will be magnificent OUTSIDE of online play, and go from year-to-year "make up touches" to extreme, eye-boggling changes such as create a team, more player realism (that 2k did in NBA2k9 which drove fans wild), and pleasing the all-around fan: leave no stone unturned. I BELIEVE MADDEN NEEDS TO WATCH OUT FOR 2K WHEN THE EXCLUSIVE NFL RIGHTS END! As seen with the NBA2K9 vs NBALIVE09 the better game always sells more. EA NEEDS TO LISTEN TO THEMSELVES, IT IS ALL ABOUT WHAT'S IN THE GAME...NOT THE NAME OF IT...gamerzay
Then why did Madden 2005 still outsell NFL 2k5 even though it was only $20? Seriously Come on. Most people that bring up the rights don't know what they're talking about. The NFL came forward and a bidding war ensued so somebody had to win. Even when 2K comes back, it will still take time for them to put a dent into Madden's sales.

ScreamDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ScreamDream
Member since 2006 • 3953 Posts

I think that based on my play time on the Madden 10 demo, that this years Madden will be the best one in a long, long time. I have played about 10 games so far as both the Steelers and the Cards trying all kinds of different plays and formations on both offense and defense. The things that I am most impressed with so far are....

1. Graphics are by far the best this generation has seen on 360 oe PS3. Everything from the turf, stadium, jerseys and helmets as well as the player models all shine bigtime.

2. The new QB automatic drop back feature is a great addition . Depending on whether you call quick pass fromations or longer routes, your QB will auto matically drop 3, 5 or 7 steps. So now you can hike the ball and look down field much more than you could before. The O-line actually forms a pocket and from what I have experienced so far against the CPU, pass rushing isn't going to be nearly as easy as it has been in the past.

3. The spin move is not nearly as devastating as it was. You actually lose some speed and momentum if you execute a spin now. Depending on who your RB is, how easy they go down is even more realistic now. I can imagine that a big back like Brandon Jacobs will take atleast 2-3 guys to bring him down alot of the time. Whereas a little guy like Reggie Bush will be an easy tackle if you can catch him.

4. The new button mash mini game for possesion of a lose ball in a pile of players is fun and interesting.

5. FINALLY, DB's can be burned for huge gains. Play action actually works somewhat like it does in real life.

6. The onfield refs, chain gangs and such are great for a totally immersive experience.

I have been playing the Gamestop demo with the 5 minute quarters, so I feel I have a very good grasp on how the full game will play. Based on my time with the demo, I cant imagine this game scoring less than an 8.5 and should get a 9 Imo.

BTW, I have been reading some bad comments on Madden 10 from some people and I just have to ask you guys this question. What exactly is it that you all want from EA and the Madden franchise? Because to be honest, I here so many of gripes and complaints year after year and I just dont get it. If you are all having sour grapes about the whole demise of 2K football, get over it already!!! Go play that game now. It isn't as great as you remember it was!!

NemeSyS-1

I heard there would begood updates this year.I just downloaded and will try it. I was planning on getting it this year anyway.

gamerzay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 gamerzay

Then why did Madden 2005 still outsell NFL 2k5 even though it was only $20? Seriously Come on. Most people that bring up the rights don't know what they're talking about. The NFL came forward and a bidding war ensued so somebody had to win. Even when 2K comes back, it will still take time for them to put a dent into Madden's sales.

@ DOOMTIME First, I never said madden 2005 was worse than NFL 2K5 I loved madden that year, quite a bit more actually, even though 2k did valiant ...But...looking at how comfortable madden has become it seems sluggish..in my opinion... Second, since we're on history, Live 05 was better than NBA 2k5..but when 2k FINALLY decided to step up they killed Live last season..Not dick riding 2k, they're a good franchise without as much exposure, and have proven to many (since nba 2k9 was number #1, fans and choice) they can outdo EA somewhere. Lastly, it'll be good to have some competition for Madden that way EA can prove again, since they are madden that 2k is not a threat. But by the way EA loss in the basketball setting it will be an interesting battle I want a chance to choose...thats all....
rangegear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 rangegear
Member since 2008 • 3029 Posts

Ya i have skipped out on alot of the maddens but this one was good!

gamerzay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 gamerzay
gotta be honest...I love madden, but I'm an honest guy first and a game nerd second. And truthfully, madden is missing a big breakaway punch. They steadily add and add and tweak and improve. Which I love, but at times the love turns to boredom. I guess I want what 2k Sports did with the basketball game genre. They changed the entire way I view basketball on a console causing me to never purchase another NBALive or any other non competitive game. I want even more realism, and the gang tackles GREAT TOUCH! and the Extra Point Feature BEAUTIFUL! Now work more on the players having emotion, and not the same damn movements. Everyone still seems like the same bodies in different jersies. THATS OLD! I want what 2k did and make the game even more real as far as the players, let's see the sidelines, the fans do more. The players need to react to the tempo of the game. If its a simple catch run back to the huddle, if its A BIG CATCH thennnn celebrate. Let us feel the players fatigue, struggle, and want to win! Mix it up! DONT JUST SAY "WE WANT TO BRING THE GAME AS CLOSE TO SUNDAY AS POSSIBLE" LET THE SUNDAY AFTERNOON FEEL BE IN THE GAME! LET THE GAME DO THE TALKING! THATS WHAT FANS WANT!
sourcerah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 sourcerah
Member since 2003 • 1214 Posts
Now work more on the players having emotion, and not the same damn movements. Everyone still seems like the same bodies in different jersies. THATS OLD! I want what 2k did and make the game even more real as far as the players, let's see the sidelines, the fans do more. The players need to react to the tempo of the game. If its a simple catch run back to the huddle, if its A BIG CATCH thennnn celebrate. Let us feel the players fatigue, struggle, and want to win! Mix it up! DONT JUST SAY "WE WANT TO BRING THE GAME AS CLOSE TO SUNDAY AS POSSIBLE" LET THE SUNDAY AFTERNOON FEEL BE IN THE GAME! LET THE GAME DO THE TALKING! THATS WHAT FANS WANT!gamerzay
That is so true. I get Madden every year since '94, but what gamerzay is saying is completely true. They should've put that in years ago. I also agree with him when talking about 2k. I did buy 2k5 as well as Madden 05. But with 2K and anyone else completely out of the pic b/c of the exclusive license, EA can slack off without worrying about competition. That kind of pisses me off. IMO these new innovations that are featured in this years Madden should've been included in the first Madden that was released for the gen's of consoles. With that said, this years Madden looks fantastic. Demo was great, especially since I could play as my 'Boys and demolish the G-spot Men.