Lost Planet Disc Mix Up?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dr-bones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 dr-bones
Member since 2006 • 218 Posts

I bought Lost Planet from a second hand games store today. The box says Lost Planet Extreme Condition, but the disc says Loast Planet Extreme Condition Colonies Edition. Is this a different game from the one labeled one the box? I've never played a Lost Planet game before, so I'm not sure if the guy in the store mixed up the discs. also, is this the first in the series?

ohthemanatee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 ohthemanatee
Member since 2010 • 8104 Posts

they are both the same game, but the colonies edition is part of the "best of" series. It does feature new missions though

kramer_inc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 129

#3 kramer_inc
Member since 2008 • 1303 Posts

Sounds like you made out good.

dr-bones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 dr-bones
Excellent. I didn't much want to bring the disc back and try to get another version of the game, only to be told that there are no more in stock. Cheers for the info, dude.
ohthemanatee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 ohthemanatee
Member since 2010 • 8104 Posts

Excellent. I didn't much want to bring the disc back and try to get another version of the game, only to be told that there are no more in stock. Cheers for the info, dude.dr-bones

taken from wikipedia:

"Lost Planet: Colonies is a gold edition version of Extreme Condition for the Xbox 360 and PC.[2] The game includes new multiplayer maps, a Human vs Akrid multiplayer mode, and a selection of new multiplayer characters and weapons.[3]

Colonies also introduces four new single-player modes: Score Attack (points are given for each kill using combos.), Time Trial Battle Mode, first person shooter mode, and Unlimited Mode. The game also includes cross-platform play between Xbox Live and Games for Windows – Live users. The Colonies edition is not compatible with the original Lost Planet save games or multiplayer game, so players of each release may only play with others who have the same release. The game was released in North America on May 27, 2008; in Japan on May 29; and in Europe on June 6."

dr-bones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 dr-bones
Nice one. Looks like I came out on top with this one. And it was damn cheap to boot :)