Lost my Gamertag, years of achievements, etc. I hate this!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mlpreble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mlpreble
Member since 2003 • 48 Posts

I've had the same gamertag since I bought by original xbox. Last month I went on and suddenly my 360 says my xbox account info is invalid. I tried to go on xbox.com and it says my password is wrong. I try quite a few times and eventually sidestep the whole thing and change my password.

Simple . . . you'd think.

I go on xbox.com after I change my password and more or less get a message saying 'welcome to xbox live. here's your new gamertag'. I call xbox support. They tell me my gamertag never existed. All of my years of work, achievements, friends list, etc. . . . gone like that. And then they stop . . . confused. They've found my billing info, floating there on its own, even though everything else appears to be gone.

I had a family account. My girlfriends account was created on its own, but brought under mine when i got the family account. She lost her xbox live. The account I created for her kids to play games and to watch netflix on disappeared entirely. My nephew lost his xbox live.

The whole family account went down with my gamertag.

While I'm on the phone with xbox support I'm playing with my computer and find a pair of emails. One email says like 1535 microsoft points were transferred out of my account. The other email tells of the same gamerpoints being put into another account with a gamertag that is not mine. Even with a family plan you can't transfer odd amounts like that between accounts. These emails are sent to me . . . and another email address I've never heard of. I tell xbox support all of this.

The xbox people suspend my account while they investigate.

I later look at the profile of gamertag that my points were transferred to. The history, the achievements, it's all mine. It's my data transferred under a different account, completely out of my control. I call xbox support and pass on the info.

That was over a month ago. Xbox support emailed me a code for a free month of live . . . under a new account, but in terms of progress . . . nothing.

I don't even want to play on xbox live right now. Not without all of my gamesaves and history of progress backing me up. It feel like running in place.

On the plus side I have taken the time to work on my writing. I've published two stories on kindle and smashwords in the past month. "Vampires of the Sky" and a kid's book called "Nobody Wants to Play With Zombie Jesus". literarytravesty.com

I just miss my xbox!

CUDCUD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 CUDCUD
Member since 2004 • 785 Posts

This is the saddest story i have ever heard. At least you did something productive to pass the time, hopefully you sort things out and get your gamertag back.

May the force be with you.

Serial_Killa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3 Serial_Killa
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Wow sorry to hear that dude.Truly sucks ass.Surely if you have located your GT even though under a new tag,MS can check records and see when the account GT was changed and points redirected and do something about it.Sounds like an inside job.

Man I would be pissed.I would be hounding MS and talking to someone high up because that is just not on.

As with the other accounts,seems kind of strange they have all disappeared.Something fishy me thinks.

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts
to make sure I understand the situation... Are you saying that the only things you lost were your username and 'achievements'??? If so, I fail to see why you are so upset. If it is something more, then I guess I do not understand what happened
Avatar image for Dracolich_Titan
Dracolich_Titan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Dracolich_Titan
Member since 2011 • 57 Posts
He said he lost about 1600 ms points along with any arcade games and dlc bought under the accounts. I had a similar thing happen to me. If you had a credit/debitcard attached to the account call fraud services. They'll get in touch with ms. Believe me ms don't gice a crap. Fraud services hadms transfer $180into my account. Good luck though, dude. I feel for you. I lost my account two years ago now, but my gs is twice as much and I have all of my friends back. So, jump back on the horse. Revisit some of those long forgotten games that you had 1000g for.
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 rawsavon
Oh...then it was the later (me not understanding) Lost DLC and prepaid credits sucks. Sorry to hear that
Avatar image for Dracolich_Titan
Dracolich_Titan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Dracolich_Titan
Member since 2011 • 57 Posts
Yeah and MS won't do crap about it.
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 rawsavon
can you just purchase as you go with MS? ...like on that other console they will just let you purchase as you go (but like the bar, they have a $5 min charge on your credit card) Basically, I want to know why people would store credits on there
cheese654

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 cheese654
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
wow that sucks :/
Mewi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 Mewi
Member since 2006 • 386 Posts

Sounds like you got keylogged/bruteforced or simply someone guessed your password or knew your personal information then deactivated your account after stealing what they could. Perhaps you gave someone your password that you thought you could trust? Or logged onto someone elses xbox? I am not 100% sure on how all of this functions on xbox 360 though. This sounds like typical virtual theft however.

But I would recommend scanning your computer for keyloggers/trojans/etc ( if you log on with any account with similar information to your old xbox live information )

http://www.malwarebytes.org/

http://www.avira.com/

http://support.kaspersky.com/viruses/solutions?qid=208280684

Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Overlord93
Member since 2007 • 12602 Posts
Your best option is to keep pestering MS IMO
merv_wasted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 merv_wasted
Member since 2010 • 290 Posts

Write a letter to them saying I'm going to SUE you...trust me I've worked for Dell and some customersaying that reallyscares the **** out of them.. do that it works 100 %

mlpreble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mlpreble
Member since 2003 • 48 Posts

I just got off of the phone with xbox support.

I called and asked what the hell the deal was with the investigation. I want my account back. She more or less told me that she could see that they had sent me a free 1 month code on April 19 along with an email telling me that it will be another 30 days. After telling me that she didn't see any activity or progress in the investigation listed she put me on hold for more than 10 minutes and then came back and told me that the 30 days weren't up and I was just going to have to wait because when they said 30 days they meant 30 days.

I love my xbox. I've loved it for a long time, but now I just want to take it and throw it at them.

On the other side of the coin, if I had a PS3 right now I don't think I'd be any better off.

This sucks!

Oh, and just to top it all off, while Microsoft has been screwing around about rectifying all of this the gamertag I have had for nearly 10 years has been taken by someone else. 10 fracking years!!!

I am no longer "an Angry Wookie"! But I am really, really upset!

literarytravesty.com

Jdez15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 Jdez15
Member since 2011 • 202 Posts

Maybe try calling Microsoft, I mean, you could probably have a better conversation with a monkey, but it's always worth a try.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

i smell fish..

xxKai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 xxKai
Member since 2011 • 2689 Posts

Lol a month of free live? that's so not worth it

Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts
This blows and it sounds like your account got hacked or someone got onto a system you owned and screwed you over. However, it sounds like while offline you actually did something worthwhile with your life rather than sit on your bum and playing video games. That's not a bad exchange. You lost made up points assigned to a made up identity in exchange for becoming a published author. That's a win imo.

This is the saddest story i have ever heard.

CUDCUD
Joking or serious?
Shock_T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Shock_T
Member since 2011 • 30 Posts
Wow, that is horrible. Some fishy business going around on Xbox as well as PSN? Maybe a storm's a brewin'...
mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#20 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

if some one did that to my account with all my rugrats episodes, id call microsoft and threaten to go with nintendo or sony , and sue them for all the money i spent on them pluis the arcade games and dlc lol id have a field day with them

Avatar image for pokemondude2012
pokemondude2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 pokemondude2012
Member since 2010 • 5938 Posts
Seems like you got hacked...