Looking out for old games

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lightmuncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 lightmuncher
Member since 2011 • 29 Posts
I bought my Xbox in Jan and like most I am a bit short of money. Living on disability benefits isn't fun. I use gaming as a way to help me reduce the huge amount of morphine I live on as I take more than 300mg a day! So if I start not making sense I apologise. I am looking for old Xbox games to help me have ahealthy amount of games to chose from as playing the same small amount of games gets tedious. So I am asking for your help to see what there is out there and your recommendations. I Have some on my PC as well. I saw some old games at a carboot last weekend and the two I bought were Battlefield Bad company 2 (and love it) and Op Flashpoint Dragon rising (and hate it, as its complicated and not really a good story. So will get rid of asap). I love games with a good story and action, not nec violence. Hate zombies and things like that and not car racing or football. Love sci-fi. I bought Halo anniversary and I am going to sell that as its boring. All you seem to do is shoot little comical aliens and I get lost where I have to go. Games I know I am looking out for are Crysis 2 COD MW 2 and if pos 3 Elder Scrolls Oblivion Bulletstorm These are just a few that come to mind, but if you have anything that you recommend on top of that list would be grateful. I know that when I go to the carboot on Sunday I look at some of the games and have no idea what they are. I have already Assassin 2 and 3 along with revelations. Also Black ops 2. So you can see the sort of thing I like. Looking forward to seeing your recommendations so as I have an idea what to look out for and as its cheap it will help me. I am not worried about multiplay as I don't participate with that area. I just enjoy some escapism from the pain and being involved into a good story. One I have enjoyed on my PC is Dishonoured, that is a good story. Hate just shooting things up without a good story. The way I look at it is I am participating in a film being one of the characters
Avatar image for Saedius_Asicion
Saedius_Asicion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Saedius_Asicion
Member since 2013 • 71 Posts

Oblivion is a great game, but if you look on Amazon you might be able to get Skyrim for a decent price and it's light years ahead of Oblivion. And it should also last you a good long while.

scooter2407

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 scooter2407
Member since 2013 • 34 Posts
XBox Live marketplace games are an incredibly cheap way to enjoy quality games.
Optical_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Optical_Order
Member since 2008 • 5100 Posts

XBox Live marketplace games are an incredibly cheap way to enjoy quality games.scooter2407

Especially if you pay attention to the sales. 

This weak the Serious Sam games are only 400msp. 

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#5 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

halo 3

destinhpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6 destinhpark
Member since 2006 • 4831 Posts

assassins creed 2, too human, beautiful katamari, th project 8

TEX1251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TEX1251
Member since 2013 • 27 Posts
Try BF3 if you like multiplayer. I have put 1,000 + hours into this game.
piranha_inc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 piranha_inc
Member since 2005 • 1994 Posts
Look for Vanquish, Shadows of the Damned, Dante's Inferno, Darksiders. They are all great games, overlooked by many and they'll be around 15 bucks each
JohnFifteen12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 JohnFifteen12
Member since 2012 • 205 Posts

Sorry to hear about your pain. Hopefully it is only temporary, and not permanent.

I recommend that you check out a game on the Xbox Arcade called Peggle. It is a very fun game (addicting for many) that has a nice sense of humor to it. It is a great game to just "pass the time" with, and I'm guessing it would help cheer you up for a while.

thecoolhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 thecoolhh
Member since 2007 • 402 Posts

Fable 3 is a pretty fun game and really cheap. You could probably find a copy at gamestop for like 10 dollars. Also check out Fallout New Vegas if you haven't played that yet.

Dexter-010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 Dexter-010
Member since 2011 • 494 Posts
Fallout 3. Batman: Arkham Asylum, F1 2010 or F1 2011, Saints Row and/or Saints Row 2? Maybe are some of these games an option for you?
PurpleSmile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 PurpleSmile
Member since 2010 • 1068 Posts
Oblivion, Fallout 3, Metro 33 are all pretty good
Kaizorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Kaizorn
Member since 2013 • 29 Posts
Both Fallouts are awesome, and very cheap--original Borderlands, same thing. Any of the older assassins creeds are worth a play, and cheap.. If you're into sports obviously any old madden or mlb game cost nothing.