Looking for a monitor to game on, currently using xbox one s. Do i get a 4k monitor ? or 1080p any helps appreciated

ccoray194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Edited By ccoray194

Poll Looking for a monitor to game on, currently using xbox one s. Do i get a 4k monitor ? or 1080p any helps appreciated (0 votes)

4k Monitor 0%
1080p 0%

I want to hear from gamers with monitors and xbox one s pacifically. I have a 4k hdr smart tv already but want a monitor for gaming. Ive come to understand it gives you quite an advantage online in 1st person shooters. Ive been told and also read online that the xbox one s isnt true 4k like the xbox one x ? so does that mean buying a 4k monitor is a waste of the extra cash ? especially when the monitors on the market right now do not come with 4k, HDR10 and freesync ?

• 
Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11780 Posts

Honestly if you are at all thinking about getting an Xbox One X with a computer monitor, I would go for a 1440p monitor. It is noticeably better than 1080p, but doesn't take as much resources to run 4k. A lot of the games use dynamic resolution even on the Xbox one X, this should keep it closer to the native resolution of your monitor even when things start to heat up on screen, and will save you money not going 4k yet.

If you are staying with Xbox One S, (mainly for gaming) I would say stick with 1080p.