Logitech remotes and the 360

This topic is locked from further discussion.

pockets187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 pockets187
Member since 2004 • 281 Posts
Does anyone know if the Logitech® Harmony® 880 Advanced Universal can be easily programmed for the 360.  I am thinking about getting this one over the Logitech® Harmony® Advanced Universal Remote for Xbox 360 because it is a better remote that can do alot more and it is in color, not to mention the touch screen is bigger.
Deyee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Deyee
Member since 2006 • 882 Posts
Yep
barners1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 barners1
Member since 2003 • 37 Posts
I have one and it works perfectly..
slayer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 slayer85
Member since 2006 • 926 Posts
how does it work for the 360? i understand its a remote control, but how does it work exactly and why would you want it since you can just use the controller?
Working_Stiff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Working_Stiff
Member since 2004 • 2253 Posts

how does it work for the 360? i understand its a remote control, but how does it work exactly and why would you want it since you can just use the controller?slayer85

It works because the harmony remotes are completely programable (And also have 360 settings pre programmed in logitechs database) and the 360 has an IR port. Why youd want to use it? watch DL videos or HD DVDs via the HD DVD drive. Is it necessary? no, you could use a controller, but if you have a harmony remote, you might as well program it to operate your 360 as well as all of your other devices.

wingman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6 wingman15
Member since 2004 • 2706 Posts
The question should be, Why would you NOT want to use a Harmony 880 remote?  I have two of them and they are the best remotes I have ever bought.  Plus yes they work with the 360.  It could not be any easier.  Just plug your remote into your pc with the included cable, go into the setup program and let it know you have a 360.  Thats it.  Its already got all the codes and options for you. 
UtkarshDave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 UtkarshDave
Member since 2004 • 919 Posts

I just got the Logitech remote for the 360 and I friggin' love it. It totally replaced four different remotes that were cluttering up my coffee table.

It would be nice to have the 880 version, but I wasn't willing to shell out the extra cash for something like a color screen. Big deal.

What I really love about it is that I don't have to go into the Guide to navigate around my music when I'm playing a game.

Worth every penny.