Limited Budget... what yould you do?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

atm0073

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 atm0073
Member since 2005 • 3069 Posts

As you all know very well, this month and the next will see loads of new releases of games. As much as I'd like to get every single one of those games, my budget will only allow me to get three of those games, maybe four or five if I'm lucky. So could you guys help me decide which ones to get? I'm currently thinking of Saints Row 2, Far Cry 2, and Fallout 3 (and then maybe Rock Band 2 and Gears of War 2 if I get lucky), but I just can't decide. So, any opinions? What are you guys gonna get/what do you think I should get? Btw, here are all the games that I would get if possible, so try and limit your recommendations to the ones I've listed:

Far Cry 2, Fable 2, Fallout 3, Rock Band 2, Gears of War 2, Saints Row 2, Call of Duty: World at War, Midnight Club: Los Angeles, NBA 2K9, NBA LIVE 09, Guitar Hero: World Tour, Spiderman: Web of Shadows.

Some other maybe's include Prince of Persia, Dead Space, Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts, Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe, and Quantum of Solace. So what do you guys think?

BTW, I would post this in the 360 Recommendation thread but I thought this would be more efficient.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d4b602d21842
deactivated-5d4b602d21842

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 deactivated-5d4b602d21842
Member since 2006 • 5036 Posts

Get FarCry2 for sure, Fable2 almost for sure, and Fallout 3 for sure (wait for reviews on the last two)

Gears2 for sure and COD5 possibly (wait for reviews)

But Quantum of Solace and Dead Space look good also!

How much money do you have?

tgschmidt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 tgschmidt
Member since 2004 • 3167 Posts
get a better job :) i'll be getting Fallout 3, Fable 2, Gears 2, Prince of Persia, and Dead Space. but those are just the ones from your list and not counting my other systems.
rising141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 rising141
Member since 2004 • 121 Posts
wow.. 3 or 4 games, now thats very limited, i dont get people nowadays they have money for everything i buy like 2 games in a year maybe 3
lil_d_mack_314

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 lil_d_mack_314
Member since 2006 • 13969 Posts
cant tel you what to get...but im getting 3 games. Fallout3, Gears, and im still trying to decide what other one to get (cod5 waw, dead space or 2 or 3 older games and get the others in 2 months :/
chex81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#7 chex81
Member since 2004 • 3661 Posts

Well, i don't know about most people...but with all these games coming out within a month frame...I highly doubt you will be able to finish Fallout 3, Farcry 2, Fable 2, Saints Row 2 and others in a months time.

I would suggest only getting 2 games you really want (aim for games that have longer replay value) and ask for the others for x-mas. I really don't understand the rush to buy every single game people want day 1...especially single player games. Multiplayer i could understand a little more (considering community and all) but even so, it doesn't make a difference.

So my advice is grab two games (half of those games are expected to last at least 50+ hours) and save the rest for xmas presents...that way you have more $$$ in your pocket for games earlier in the year.

chex81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#8 chex81
Member since 2004 • 3661 Posts
Oh, and the 2 i'd pick up are Farcry 2 and Saints Row 2 (I wouldnt get SR2, but the replay value should be massive)
tgschmidt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 tgschmidt
wow.. 3 or 4 games, now thats very limited, i dont get people nowadays they have money for everything i buy like 2 games in a year maybe 3rising141
i have a good job that allows me to purchase what i want.
rising141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 rising141
Member since 2004 • 121 Posts
even if i had the money to buy all those games i wouldnt do it, waste of money with games priced at 60$ and people still buy all the crap they get their hands on, buying to much is hazardous for your health lol
atm0073

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 atm0073

Get FarCry2 for sure, Fable2 almost for sure, and Fallout 3 for sure (wait for reviews on the last two)

Gears2 for sure and COD5 possibly (wait for reviews)

But Quantum of Solace and Dead Space look good also!

How much money do you have?

Almighty-mints

I've got about $250, but the problem is the fact that I live in Kuwait, and the games are hella expensive when they come out here (inbetween about $70 and $120 when they first come out, and eventually drop in price... but still end up being expensive). Ridiculous, right? Anwyays, I may have a chance of getting some of the games in the states, since my dad might go at the end of the month, and I also might return to Texas for the winter break. But I may slip up and end up spending all my $$ here instead of waiting... so that's why I'm limited to 3-5 games.

get a better job tgschmidt

I'm 15 years old and I live by the income of my parents, lol.

wow.. 3 or 4 games, now thats very limited, i dont get people nowadays they have money for everything i buy like 2 games in a year maybe 3 rising141

I'm an avid gamer so I like to get games at least every 2 months. Especially these next two months, lol.

Avatar image for 8732_YoungJeezy
8732_YoungJeezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#12 8732_YoungJeezy
Member since 2008 • 1656 Posts
I would sell my blood and....
atm0073

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 atm0073

buying to much is hazardous for your health lolrising141

definitely true.

waste of money with games priced at 60$rising141

not really; some games are actually worth their $60 price tag, though I do agaree that $60 is bit hefty; but buisness is buisness and that's all it is to game developers and retailers.

Shockwave619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Shockwave619
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
The Scene pays for all my stuff.
khaosmario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 khaosmario
Member since 2008 • 45 Posts
get Saints Row 2 , Fable 2 , Gears 2 and MK vs DC Universe! They are all great games and u can play them almost 4ever and they wont get old unless they drop another one and pluss there is allwayz x-mas 2 get even more lol
khaosmario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 khaosmario
Member since 2008 • 45 Posts
get Saints Row 2 , Fable 2 , Gears 2 and MK vs DC Universe! They are all great games and u can play them almost 4ever and they wont get old unless they drop another one and pluss there is allwayz x-mas 2 get even more lol
tgschmidt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 tgschmidt
even if i had the money to buy all those games i wouldnt do it, waste of money with games priced at 60$ and people still buy all the crap they get their hands on, buying to much is hazardous for your health lolrising141
it maybe a waste for you but not for me. all the games i listed are games that i want. if i was buying barbie horse adventures, then ok, you've got a point. besides the fact, i'm not some 15 year old living with my parents. i'm a computer consultant so buying the games i want is not a problem at all.
atm0073

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 atm0073

[QUOTE="rising141"]even if i had the money to buy all those games i wouldnt do it, waste of money with games priced at 60$ and people still buy all the crap they get their hands on, buying to much is hazardous for your health loltgschmidt
it maybe a waste for you but not for me. all the games i listed are games that i want. if i was buying barbie horse adventures, then ok, you've got a point. besides the fact, i'm not some 15 year old living with my parents. i'm a computer consultant so buying the games i want is not a problem at all.

What's wrong with 15 year olds who live with their parents...

There's nothing wrong with being 15, and when you're that age, you're usually living with your parents, so there's nothing wrong with that either...

atm0073

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 atm0073
Oh and getting some of the games for Christmas will be an issue for me, because I got an new iPod this summer that I was supposed to pay for, and my parents did instead. So I don't think they'll be willing to get me anything. My siblings may get me something, though... hmm. It's a thought
tgschmidt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 tgschmidt

[QUOTE="tgschmidt"][QUOTE="rising141"]even if i had the money to buy all those games i wouldnt do it, waste of money with games priced at 60$ and people still buy all the crap they get their hands on, buying to much is hazardous for your health lolatm0073

There's nothing wrong with being 15, and when you're that age, you're usually living with your parents, so there's nothing wrong with that either...

nothing wrong with that. we've all been there. no disrespect meant to you.
atm0073

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 atm0073
[QUOTE="atm0073"]

[QUOTE="tgschmidt"][QUOTE="rising141"]even if i had the money to buy all those games i wouldnt do it, waste of money with games priced at 60$ and people still buy all the crap they get their hands on, buying to much is hazardous for your health loltgschmidt

nothing wrong with that. we've all been there. no disrespect meant to you.

Cool then; thought you did.

FadeToBlack90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 FadeToBlack90
Member since 2008 • 498 Posts
As a college student, i understand what its like to be on a budget. any who, im for damn sure getting fable2 when it hits the stores this month, and hopefully with x-mas coming up soon ill be able to scrape enough money from cards and what not to get gears2.
tab132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#23 tab132
Member since 2006 • 460 Posts

Spend all of my money on weed.

atm0073

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 atm0073

tab132

haha

ThisCurse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ThisCurse
Member since 2007 • 1258 Posts
Get Farcry 2 and fable 2 because they are both very long games that will keep you bust for a while, then get Midnight Club: LA to change the pace.
ThisCurse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ThisCurse
Member since 2007 • 1258 Posts

tab132

haha, loser!

andyrae11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 andyrae11
Member since 2005 • 694 Posts
Far Cry 2
Syrenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 Syrenz
Member since 2008 • 766 Posts
get eithr Fable 2 or Fallout 3 as your first choice-they will both last very long. GoW2 may have good multiplayer as well as singleplayer so you might want to get it.
Quintinius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29 Quintinius
Member since 2006 • 1050 Posts

Just get rid off:

Rock band 2, CoD: WaW, Midnight Club, NBA, GH: WT, Spiderman. PoP, MK vs. DCU and QoS.

Definetely get:

Fable II, Far Cry 2, Gears of War 2 and Fallout 3.

Consider getting after:

RB 2, SR 2, CoD: WaW, GH: WT, Dead Space and Banjo Threeie.

Heroldp813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#30 Heroldp813
Member since 2008 • 2103 Posts

Get Farcry 2 and fable 2 because they are both very long games that will keep you bust for a while, then get Midnight Club: LA to change the pace.ThisCurse

Your avatar is freaking me. And yes, Gears Of War 2 ( which i have fully pre-ordered) and Fable 2 is a must, but i disagree on Midnight Club b/c I might go with Need For Speed Undercover. I have a great job which allows me to buy everygame coming out, but even if i do buy all these games, when the hell am i gonna have time to play all of them. My advise to you is get the games you definetly want now, then gradually get the other games you were thinking about. They will all still be there and even better is that the price will drop so it's a win win.

PS2Dude89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31 PS2Dude89
Member since 2004 • 1747 Posts
Get the 3 you said you wanted for sure and that will be plenty to hold you over for awhile. Just wait for the reviews and see how other people liked the other games you are looking at possibly getting. Then you will have some more money for the other games you want to get.
totaldj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 totaldj
Member since 2004 • 3556 Posts
Gears 2, CoD:WaW, Farcry2 and Left 4 Dead for sure...i'll buy Dead Space, Golden Axe, MK vs DC and Mirror's Edge when i have some maaanaaaay!
Sn0wOn420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Sn0wOn420
Member since 2007 • 101 Posts

tab132

Chea Chea , that's what I'm talking about .

matstie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 matstie
Member since 2004 • 28 Posts

Far Cry 2 - Oct 21 - FPS - awesome game with map editor and multiplayer should be great.

Either Fallout 3 - Oct 28 or Fable II - Oct 21 - RPG - both will have tons of replay and play time

Gears 2 - Nov 7 - third person - going to be awesome single, multiplayer and co-op

3 of these will cover all bases.

But Left 4 Dead looks amazing also but that's not out until Nov 17. Shaun White Snowboarding or Call of Duty World at War for no. 6.

I am getting all of these plus more anyway. But I would say all of these are going to be great.

Expo_Smacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#35 Expo_Smacko
Member since 2007 • 2332 Posts

Get what you think will be good for you.

I am getting:

Fable 2

Far Cry 2

Fallout 3

Gears of War 2

Left 4 Dead

and maybe CoD 5

Eko_Eko_Azarak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#36 Eko_Eko_Azarak
Member since 2008 • 79 Posts

Well, i don't know about most people...but with all these games coming out within a month frame...I highly doubt you will be able to finish Fallout 3, Farcry 2, Fable 2, Saints Row 2 and others in a months time.

I would suggest only getting 2 games you really want (aim for games that have longer replay value) and ask for the others for x-mas. I really don't understand the rush to buy every single game people want day 1...especially single player games. Multiplayer i could understand a little more (considering community and all) but even so, it doesn't make a difference.

So my advice is grab two games (half of those games are expected to last at least 50+ hours) and save the rest for xmas presents...that way you have more $$$ in your pocket for games earlier in the year.

chex81

Agreed completely. That's whay I'm doing, buying a few games and getting the rest for Xmas.

sanpreet8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 sanpreet8
Member since 2008 • 2111 Posts
get saints row 2, far cry 2, fable 2
JoetheMoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 JoetheMoe
Member since 2004 • 557 Posts
just get gears 2. just because you have the money to get more games, you don't have too.
DataDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 DataDream
Member since 2004 • 3195 Posts

Top 3 (+1)

Sorry there's no way to choose only 3 - no matter how limited your budget. There are 4 games that will be 100% must have's IMO.

In no particular order:

Fallout 3 / Gears of War 2 / Fable 2 / Dead Space

NONE of those 4 games should be missed by anyone. :)

Cyberfairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Cyberfairy
Member since 2003 • 5180 Posts
I can't get any game on release unless I trade in some older ones :(
atm0073

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 atm0073

Hmm... all suggestions are great...

The thing is, if possible, I'd like to avoid getting two RPGs. The reason being the fact that I don't like RPGs that much, and I don't really want to have to be worrying about two at once. That's why for me, it's a tough choice between Fallout 3 and Fable 2 (because Fable 2 may be better, but I'm not completely sure), and even Fable 2 and Saints Row (because Fable 2 might be worth getting even though its a second RPG). Fallout 3 looks more promising and something different, but Fable 2 has the co-op and seems deeper, plus I've played the first one. So really tough choices.

I'm also skeptical about Gears of War 2, because I didn't like the first one that much. The singleplayer was great, but the multiplayer... not so much. I was really looking forward to that game, but recently, my thoughts have been swindling. But maybe Gears of War 2 will be much better... I don't know.

Plus I don't know why there's so much hype/excitement for Dead Space and Left 4 Dead, wtf? Dead Space = a likely-to-be poor EA rendition of Bioshock, and Left 4 Dead = The Darkness 2. Then again, I haven't really seen much of Dead Space, so i guess you could call my opinion slightly ignorant. I have, however, seen gameplay for Left 4 Dead, and wow, it looks really mediocre.

Anywho... any more suggestions? I'm getting closer to deciding

Rohan1627

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Rohan1627
Member since 2007 • 142 Posts

atm0073
true that
nate_c-12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 nate_c-12
Member since 2008 • 3072 Posts
Screw everything else and get FarCry 2, Call of Duty W@W, and Prince of Persia.
Rohan1627

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Rohan1627
Member since 2007 • 142 Posts

tab132
Thats awesome, just make sure it doesn't suck, you know what I mean?
raahsnavj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#45 raahsnavj
Member since 2005 • 4895 Posts
My suggestion is buy only one at a time, and don't buy anything else until you either are completely sick of that one game or you feel you have completed it. Then buy the second and repeat. If they are good games and you only buy what you are interested in you will find you won't even have to buy all 5 of them for some time.
atm0073

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 atm0073
hmm...
virus_1369

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 virus_1369
Member since 2006 • 77 Posts

.Well im certainly getting FIFA 09, Saints Row 2, MC: LA, the three Fs, TCs EndWar, COD WaW.

Waiting for reviews on Gears 2(odd isnt it) and Left4Dead

mohfrontline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#48 mohfrontline
Member since 2007 • 5678 Posts

COD WaW

Gears of War 2

Fable 2

Fallout 3

that's it for me at least.

caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 caddy
Member since 2005 • 28709 Posts

BTW, I would post this in the 360 Recommendation thread but I thought this would be more efficient.

atm0073

Nope, the stickied thread is perfect for this.