life span of 360? as in how much longer... plz help, should i get a 360?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Bishop1310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Bishop1310
Member since 2007 • 1274 Posts
How much longer will the 360 be kicking out stunnig graphics and smooth games? i own another console but am thinking about trading it in for a 360, so im wonering how long do u think the 360 has before a new console from microsoft comes out? as i have heard rumors of a new xbox already in the making.. plz help.. im really thinking about trading in my other console
wittbolds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 wittbolds
Member since 2007 • 503 Posts

I would say 3-5 years max. it's already two years old, and Halo 3 just came out, which may possibly be its last big gulp of juice. There's a few multiplatform games that look amazing, but as for exclusives, nothings seems entirely enticiing. Gears of War II and III, Infinite Undisocovery, and Lost Odyssey I think would have to all do enourmously well in order for the 360 to have a longevity to outlast the PS3 or Wii.

PS3 has just begun, I would say PS3 has about 4-6 years. Consoles generally die out after 3-5 years, but I think Sony has alot of potential to do with the PS3 what it did with the PS2. Mainly because Online play and the addition of PSN will help guide it greatly. PS3 has not yet released any of its "killer" franchise games, nor have we seen alot of what is going to be coming to it. PS3 also has a cross PC platform MMO coming out made by Square which I'm sure will increase its longevity by 5-7 years in itself so long as it well made like FF Online. but noone can ever really tell

Those are just my spectulations.

I would still highly recommend getting a Xbox 360 for now, as I believe it will be the "better" more "fun" system to own at least until mid to late 2008.

Radiozo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Radiozo
Member since 2006 • 2413 Posts
My guess is there will be a new xbox in 2010 or 2011.
limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 limpbizkit818
Member since 2004 • 15044 Posts

It's going to be out for a while, 2010/1 maybe. Of course the next Xbox is in the works, so in the PS4 and next Nintendo system. They start working on them almost right away.

There are way to many great titles on the 360 to simply pass on the system.

Bishop1310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Bishop1310
Member since 2007 • 1274 Posts
Do you think its worth trading in my ps3 for a 360 tho? im not too sure how much i could get for the ps3 tho but so many ppl have the 360 so that means more ppl online = more fun
limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 limpbizkit818

If you don't mind missing out on the PS exclusives, and you like the games on the 360 then it's worth it. I am sure you can all up EB/Gamestop and ask them how much they are giving for PS3's.

And ya, there are a ton are on XBL.

Taijiquan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Taijiquan
Member since 2002 • 7431 Posts

Do you think its worth trading in my ps3 for a 360 tho? im not too sure how much i could get for the ps3 tho but so many ppl have the 360 so that means more ppl online = more funBishop1310

NO!!!!!!!!!! Save your money and own both.

Unreal_393

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Unreal_393
Member since 2007 • 620 Posts

The xbox was more powerful than the ps2.....did it matter.....the xbox and GC are dead now, while the ps2 is still out selling the ps3 and the 360 (until last month) by a mile.

The 360 has a higher install base and its way easier to develop for, while the "other" machine is a worthless blu-ray player. Most despearte sony fanboys are buying into the"10 year" BS sony is feeding them, while every month the 360 is doubling the ps3 insales and the number of quality games. and their pathetic response is "WAIT".......sad really.

My advice would be to try to keep both, but if you can only have one, Halo3, Gearsofwar, Masseffect, Fable2, Ninjagaiden2, DMC4, Xboxlive, better versions of multiplatform games Proves 360 is the clear answer.

bcardamone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 bcardamone
Member since 2003 • 971 Posts

and Halo 3 just came out, which may possibly be its last big gulp of juice. wittbolds

You've got to be kidding me?!?

JDubs07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 JDubs07
Member since 2007 • 151 Posts
In about 3-4 more years I guess.
Unreal_393

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Unreal_393

[QUOTE="wittbolds"]and Halo 3 just came out, which may possibly be its last big gulp of juice. bcardamone

i guess he never heard of Masseffect, Too Human, RE5, Alan Wake, Huxley, Fable2, Gears2, Rockband, AssassinsCreed, Cod4, Splinter cell conviction, Ninja Gaiden2, Lost oddesey, Halo Wars, GTA4.....god i can keep going on.....these sony fanboys are delusional or just plain blind.

*dude we got the same pic :) *

unmach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 unmach
Member since 2007 • 352 Posts
Xbox 1 lasted for 4 years. People complained as average lifespan of a console is 5-6 years (please don't note exceptions, im aware) I wouldn't be surprised if the 360 only lasted 4, and very surprised if it goes to 6 years.So IMHO 2-3 years.
1upMushroomX6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#13 1upMushroomX6
Member since 2007 • 831 Posts
its only like a year and a half old id give it a good 3 years left as to say i think sony should just stop making gaming systems and nintendo's will probably come out in the next 10 years like all of there consoles
Hoaxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Hoaxxx
Member since 2007 • 126 Posts

[QUOTE="wittbolds"]and Halo 3 just came out, which may possibly be its last big gulp of juice. bcardamone

fanboy

wittbolds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 wittbolds
Member since 2007 • 503 Posts
[QUOTE="bcardamone"]

[QUOTE="wittbolds"]and Halo 3 just came out, which may possibly be its last big gulp of juice. Unreal_393

i guess he never heard of Masseffect, Too Human, RE5, Alan Wake, Huxley, Fable2, Gears2, Rockband, AssassinsCreed, Cod4, Splinter cell conviction, Ninja Gaiden2, Lost oddesey, Halo Wars, GTA4.....god i can keep going on.....these sony fanboys are delusional or just plain blind.

Let me rephrase that, sorry. Halo 3 be 360's last Big Juice in terms of being responsible for system sales.

What I meant was, old Sony fanboys and people who prefer RPG's, I don't think care for much of the other games coming out like Mass Effect and Lost Odyssey, because Sony has Final fantasy and they are loyal to that. So in the RPG sense, they have no necessity to get a 360. As for The other games you mentioned like RE5 and Asassin's Creed, they are multiplat so if they want Final Fantasy and Metal Gear, they'd just get a pS3 b/c they can get all those games. Personally, I LOVE NINJA GAIDEN TO DEATH, but i don't see #2 as being a console seller.

Don't get me wrong, I absoluty love my 360, and I'm not really a fanboy. I am much more interested in the 360 games coming out than any of the Sony games. I'd much ratehr have infinite undiscovery, lost oddyssey, and gears II than PS3's ---Final Fantasy, aKillzone 2, or Haze. I personally think 360 has "better games" coming out. Again, It just seems like Sony has a much larger FANBOY base than 360 does.

azorath44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 azorath44
Member since 2005 • 328 Posts
average life of a console is 5 to 6 years u got at least 3 left, and they plan way ahead for consoles because it takes so long to make them.
Sam_Lowery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Sam_Lowery
Member since 2006 • 1110 Posts

Most despearte sony fanboys are buying into the"10 year" BS sony is feeding them, while every month the 360 is doubling the ps3 insales and the number of quality games. and their pathetic response is "WAIT".......sad really.

Unreal_393

Word. I'll admit, MGS4 looks great, and Tekken is my favorite fighting game, but that's it. I can't justify buying a system for 2 games. I bought a used gamecube for $60 to play Resident evil 4, Metroid, smash bros, and mario sunshine, and it was totally worth it. But $60 is a lot different than $600. And most people who are going to go out and get a PS3 already have a 360 so I don't really see them buying a lot of games for the PS3 except for the few exclusives. Especially because of the achievement system and how you can compare what you've done and how far you've gotten in games with your friends.

Ok, that was kind of off topic, but to answer your question, i'd say 4-5 years. 3 years just seems a little soon. As far as the Ps3 lasting ten years, that's just insane. Personally If I were you I wouldn't sell your Ps2 cause you won't get much at all for it, and you probably have a good library of games by now, so just keep it.

Kruegmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#18 Kruegmeister
Member since 2003 • 539 Posts
Microsoft Abandoned the XBox and anybody who bought one in the Final Years. Also, Nothing was Backwards Compatible. Less than 10% if XBox1 games work on the 360. So if your Looking for Years worth of Life out of your Console Look elsewhere. Also it has been well reported that 25-30% of 360's are going to get the Red Ring of Death. Yes, Microsoft covers that for 3 years. However, it is not making me feel Warm and Fuzzy especially when I am paying for a $130 copy of Halo3 Legendary Edition. My Luck mine will die 2 minutes after I pop it in... I'm glad Microsoft is covering it, but I'm not forgiving them either. Especially since I only have just over 1 year left on my Warranty to Cover my Poorly designed System. If you want/need halo then there is no other place to look. But if your worried about lifespan then Look elsewhere because Microsoft does not care about your needs. They have proven that over and over again.
Unreal_393

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Unreal_393
[QUOTE="Unreal_393"][QUOTE="bcardamone"]

[QUOTE="wittbolds"]and Halo 3 just came out, which may possibly be its last big gulp of juice. wittbolds

Let me rephrase that, sorry. Halo 3 be 360's last Big Juice in terms of being responsible for system sales.

What I meant was, old Sony fanboys and people who prefer RPG's, I don't think care for much of the other games coming out like Mass Effect and Lost Odyssey, because Sony has Final fantasy and they are loyal to that. So in the RPG sense, they have no necessity to get a 360. As for The other games you mentioned like RE5 and Asassin's Creed, they are multiplat so if they want Final Fantasy and Metal Gear, they'd just get a pS3 b/c they can get all those games. Personally, I LOVE NINJA GAIDEN TO DEATH, but i don't see #2 as being a console seller.

Don't get me wrong, I absoluty love my 360, and I'm not really a fanboy. I am much more interested in the 360 games coming out than any of the Sony games. I'd much ratehr have infinite undiscovery, lost oddyssey, and gears II than PS3's ---Final Fantasy, aKillzone 2, or Haze. I personally think 360 has "better games" coming out. Again, It just seems like Sony has a much larger FANBOY base than 360 does.

ignorant much?

you think Gears2 (the sequel to highest highest selling next gen game) will not be system seller, but you think MGS4 and FF, which have no where near mainstream interest as halo or gears will move ps3s???? what kind of logic is that.

you niche rpg fans should take a look at the world around you, alright, its Football, Master chief and GTA that moves systems, not young feminine japanese boys going on a crap adventure with their talking pet animals.

just look up the sales figures for MGS3 and FF12....they are no where near, GTA:SA, Halo2 or Madden. MGS and FF fans like you already bought the ps3 just like you did. the rest of the people that made up the 100 million ps2 fanbase are either swtching to the 360, waiting for GTA4 or buying a Wii....the ps3 audience is DEAD!!!

GlaciusXL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#20 GlaciusXL
Member since 2004 • 326 Posts

I get the "I can only afford one" scenario because it is a bit on money. But you're worried about the consoles lifespan... which means you're worried about how long they'll be making games for it... which says to me that you must have enough money to buy all the good ones that are out now and the ones that are coming out soon. Truth is, if you're broke to where its REALLY going to matter that this system last for 10 years, then you probably can't afford all of the games you want now anyway.

limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 limpbizkit818

Microsoft Abandoned the XBox and anybody who bought one in the Final Years. Also, Nothing was Backwards Compatible. Less than 10% if XBox1 games work on the 360. So if your Looking for Years worth of Life out of your Console Look elsewhere. Also it has been well reported that 25-30% of 360's are going to get the Red Ring of Death. Yes, Microsoft covers that for 3 years. However, it is not making me feel Warm and Fuzzy especially when I am paying for a $130 copy of Halo3 Legendary Edition. My Luck mine will die 2 minutes after I pop it in... I'm glad Microsoft is covering it, but I'm not forgiving them either. Especially since I only have just over 1 year left on my Warranty to Cover my Poorly designed System. If you want/need halo then there is no other place to look. But if your worried about lifespan then Look elsewhere because Microsoft does not care about your needs. They have proven that over and over again.Kruegmeister

......... wow.

Only 10% of Xbox 1 games? The BC list is rather large, I find that fact hard to believe.

What does $130 for the LE of Halo 3 have to do with anything?

So Sony or Nintendo care about your needs more then MS? When has MS proven this over and over? The only reason the Xbox 1 lasted 4 years was because MS wanetd to get a headstart on the competition with the 360, not because they didn't care about Xbox 1 owners.

And just to add, that 30% fail rate has not been well reported. It's fake, with no evidence to back it up.