Legacy controls

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FIERCE_13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 FIERCE_13
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
A Quick question to you guys. How many of you use legacy control setting like the one in the halo series? I do. Its based on the old shooters where you only had one joystick to move forward and turn with. The other joystick is then used to strafe and look up and down on the halo series. I think they should add legacy controls to almost all first person shooters. The tom clancy games are good games but they do not have the legacy control setting which i find makes them hard to play. They should incorporate these controls into more games. What do you guys thiink???
JakeArmstrong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 JakeArmstrong
Member since 2006 • 558 Posts

I personally think Legacy controls are counter-intuitive. In the normal controls one stick moves and the other shoots, so it makes more sence and it's easier to turn and move at the same time (at least for most). Old games mainly only had "legacy" controls because you couldn't look up or down or strafe, so another control set/stick was pointless.

_koolgirl_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 _koolgirl_
Member since 2006 • 713 Posts

I definately agree with you!! On the original Xbox, I would only play shooters if they had this setting (Halo, all the Clancys, UC), so imagine my utter dissapointment when GRAW for 360 did not include this control setting. I even **** them out on their official forum.

Since then I have learned to use the other way. Battlefield MC made it so, that game was just too fun not to play, so I had to retrain myself to use it. Now it would be hard for me to go back.

However I still feel developers should do their best to create an enjoyable atmosphere for ALL players. I think that is a big part of what made Halo and R6 so popular on original Xbox, the games were accessible to everyone. Legacy controls are easier for the newbie to FPS or people like you that grew up on it being that way. The majority of female players I met on R6 back in the day used Legacy, we were all new to FPS.

ThzDoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 ThzDoc
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
I only play with the legacy setup. I found it much more natural to use even after I was seasoned at playing standard controls. Now I find it really hard to play with standard, not that I want to anyways. Black ops has the best legacy controls out of the games I have tried, I really didn't like the one in halo. I think all games should incorporate it into their control options.