laptop cooler for xbox 360

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MadDog550493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MadDog550493
Member since 2006 • 27 Posts
I've heard in many places that a laptop cooler is more efficient than the nyko intercooler and the pelican fan stand. I was wondering if I were to get one which would be the best for 360 because they are all different sizes, so whats a good cooler for the 360?
DonMega187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 DonMega187
Member since 2007 • 1103 Posts

I've heard in many places that a laptop cooler is more efficient than the nyko intercooler and the pelican fan stand. I was wondering if I were to get one which would be the best for 360 because they are all different sizes, so whats a good cooler for the 360?MadDog550493

Any one it will fit on really. Personally you dont really need any type of fan just keep it in an open well ventillated area. Unless you absolutely have to keep it in a cramped space dont waste your money.

Strider_91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Strider_91
Member since 2007 • 6570 Posts

Yeah i wouldn't bother with a cooler at all. IF you must then get a regular fan stood near it.

Dont attatch them to the back, it doesnt help.

ReV2ReD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ReV2ReD
Member since 2006 • 95 Posts
I hooked up my laptop's cooler to my 360 a while back when Oblivion was frequently freezing up my console. It actually did help. I went back and ran the game several times without the cooler, and the 360 did freeze up; but when I reconnected the cooler, the game played just fine. I do live in a relatively small apartment where space is our biggest commodity, so giving my 360 wide open spaces to cool off is just not an option (though this is the best choice to keep your system cool). It must remain in its place of honor among the other blinking electronic boxes on my entertainment center.
UncleLev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#5 UncleLev
Member since 2007 • 220 Posts

I use a laptop fan, but I really don't think it is necessary. I'm just a huge precautionist, and I figure every little bit helps.

Mine has 3 fans, and the surface is aluminum - I paid the equivalent of about 30 bucks for it (it has a usb hub as well).

I took a couple pics of mine in case you want to see:

fan

fan

As you can see, it fits pretty well. I think any laptop fan will be a pretty good fit for the 360.

SPD_WeBmAsTaH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 SPD_WeBmAsTaH
Member since 2004 • 2668 Posts
Wow, your 360 is abused with dust just like mine is. All you need to do is to vacuum it a bit at the vents so the dust comes out of it and it'll breathe better.
Avatar image for deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
deactivated-57af49c27f4e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#7 deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
Member since 2005 • 14149 Posts
i'd say the pelican fan stand is probably ok, the only one you want to avoid is the intercooler because it uses the system's power before it even gets into the system.
MadDog550493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MadDog550493

I use a laptop fan, but I really don't think it is necessary. I'm just a huge precautionist, and I figure every little bit helps.

Mine has 3 fans, and the surface is aluminum - I paid the equivalent of about 30 bucks for it (it has a usb hub as well).

I took a couple pics of mine in case you want to see:

fan

fan

As you can see, it fits pretty well. I think any laptop fan will be a pretty good fit for the 360.

UncleLev

Nice cooler, what is it called so I can look it up and try to get one?

APOLLOCJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 APOLLOCJD
Member since 2007 • 2311 Posts

[QUOTE="MadDog550493"]I've heard in many places that a laptop cooler is more efficient than the nyko intercooler and the pelican fan stand. I was wondering if I were to get one which would be the best for 360 because they are all different sizes, so whats a good cooler for the 360?DonMega187

Any one it will fit on really. Personally you dont really need any type of fan just keep it in an open well ventillated area. Unless you absolutely have to keep it in a cramped space dont waste your money.

\

I agree, but if you are really paranoid and want a fan I recommend an external fan like a room fan or something and put it behind your 360. THat will it will keep it a little cooler and blow the dust away.

MadDog550493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MadDog550493

house fans are fine, but id like to make use of those bottom vents and blow air through there, the most heat comes from the gpu under neath the dvd drive so if i blow air through the bottom it will probably significantly reduce heat in the 360. Dust is unavoidable but its really not a problem unless you have construction going on or something. Every like 6 months to a year just get 1 of those keyboard cleaning cans and spray it in the vents of the 360, it blows out all the dust in the 360.

canadiankidd91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 canadiankidd91
Member since 2007 • 680 Posts
360's fans will do the job you don't need any external devices to help it cool. Just keep it horizontal and in an open area.
MadDog550493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MadDog550493
I play for hours on end, I play in a huge room but it still manages to get really hot just from the 360. My 360 suffers during the summer and this laptop cooler thing might just do the trick. UncleLev where did you get your cooler from, whats it called?
KittenNipples

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 KittenNipples
Member since 2007 • 3013 Posts
How many times must we say it. The 360 DOES NOT need a cooling unit. If people would stop leaving it on the carpet, shoving it in entertainment centers, and leaving it on for days we wouldnt have that rampant overheating issue. Just treat it as if it were a computer. Place it in a cool spot with lots of ventilation and for the love of god, dont leave it on when your not playing it. TC this isint directly towards you so dont take it personally.
Infinite-Zr0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Infinite-Zr0
Member since 2003 • 13284 Posts

Does anyone know what kind of fan the 360 uses?

I'm guessing it probably uses a standard 80mm fan, so maybe you could replace it with a higher cfm fan

I remember people doing it with the PS2 with led 80mm fans

MadDog550493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MadDog550493

How many times must we say it. The 360 DOES NOT need a cooling unit. If people would stop leaving it on the carpet, shoving it in entertainment centers, and leaving it on for days we wouldnt have that rampant overheating issue. Just treat it as if it were a computer. Place it in a cool spot with lots of ventilation and for the love of god, dont leave it on when your not playing it. TC this isint directly towards you so dont take it personally.KittenNipples

I have it in a great area, but it heats the room up like a steam room and I want to stop that, stop making useless comments that doesn't help me whatsoever. I'm looking for help on finding this not criticism.

popping4it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 popping4it
Member since 2004 • 150 Posts

360's fans will do the job you don't need any external devices to help it cool. Just keep it horizontal and in an open area.canadiankidd91

why do people think horizontol is better for cooling? vertical is always better. i can even prove it. play for an hour with your console horizontally then immediately after you turn it off pick up the console and feel the bottom of the console it will be surprisingly warm. next time play the console vertically then feel that same side it will be significantly cooler, you'll figure this out then kick yourself in the face for not realizing it sooner.

also if anyone says horizontol allows better ventelation is an idiot because air doesnt flow smoothly through the console because all the electronics are encased in an alluminum shell box (dont believe me look at some images of opened 360s.

trw534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17 trw534
Member since 2007 • 680 Posts
the intercooler is better