Lag issue or is GoW2 crap?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

death1505921

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 death1505921
Member since 2004 • 5260 Posts

Sometimes I get massive lag issues in gears (only gears) but others I just find the weapons patheticaly unreliable. Sometimes I can hit a guy from half a foot away and nother happens, other times the guy explodes, other times he downs. Wtf?

Solid-CELL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Solid-CELL
Member since 2006 • 5910 Posts
either your connection is lagging or the host is. It might be a glitcher exploiting the game too. Epic really needs to update their servers. Gears2 lag is some of the worst lag in any video game. It ruins the whole match.
DopeyDavoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DopeyDavoid
Member since 2004 • 5375 Posts

There is no region filtering so you will get matched up international players on occasion. Or if you are outside and far away from the us, you will lag like hell most of the time cause your usually facing americans.

The wonders of xbox live.

caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 caddy
Member since 2005 • 28709 Posts
Gears of War 2 is a very laggy game. The last time I played it, I couldn't get into a match that didn't lag. It was very frustrating.
2pac_makaveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 2pac_makaveli
Member since 2008 • 1681 Posts
i gave up on gears a long time ago and dnt plan on returning to it
Night-Wolf93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Night-Wolf93
Member since 2006 • 1260 Posts
i gave up on gears a long time ago and dnt plan on returning to it2pac_makaveli
Quiters are giving up so fast...in my opinion Gears 2 has amazing multiplayer + coop second best to Halo 3 or Cod4.....so i bet when Gears 3 comes out you'll be jumping in the bang wagan again !!
caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 caddy
Member since 2005 • 28709 Posts
Quiters are giving up so fast...in my opinion Gears 2 has amazing multiplayer Night-Wolf93
I've tried to like that game, I really have. However, it's problems are just too evident for me to enjoy. There is so much BS that happens when playing online that I just can't deal with it. You are right about one thing though, the co-op campaign is pretty damn good. Although, you compared it to CoD4, which has no co-op :?
Nocturnal15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Nocturnal15
Member since 2006 • 1476 Posts

[QUOTE="2pac_makaveli"]i gave up on gears a long time ago and dnt plan on returning to itNight-Wolf93
Quiters are giving up so fast...in my opinion Gears 2 has amazing multiplayer + coop second best to Halo 3 or Cod4.....so i bet when Gears 3 comes out you'll be jumping in the bang wagan again !!

I sure as hell wont be jumping on that broken wagon. I think it is both the horrible lag and the fact that the game is just horrible in general. If you dont have a power weapon you are infinitly screwed. Even in story mode I encounter ridiculous b/s. Sure, horde mode is great and the co-op story play is fun but there isnt anylasting power in those 2 modes.