LA Noire - Replay Value?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Napster06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 Napster06
Member since 2004 • 5659 Posts

I just got a copy of it, and so far has only played up to "Buyer Beware".

Out of curiosity I checked out the walkthrough for this game (up to where I played), and apparently, it appears to have a 'linear' storyline.

If I were to play it again once I finish it, would the evidence and interrogation questions (and answers) be the same for all the cases? Where would the replay value (if any) come in for this game?

Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts

Nothing changes for a second time around after you beat it. It was a very good idea for a game, but it just falls flat once you realize everything is the same. Not much replay value once you beat it, at least for me.

a55a55inx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#3 a55a55inx
Member since 2004 • 4188 Posts
There's not much replay value in the game. I wish the story could branch off into different outcomes, but it doesn't (as far as I could remember)
Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts

there isnt much unless your a completionist La noire is really the type of game you shouldn't play witha guide it defeats the whole purpose of the game really. I can promise you if you do a legit blind playthrough you will miss a ton of stuff and then there is replay value in going back to the cases you didnt perfect. The game is of a good length though on a single playthrough especially if you have all the dlc cases ala the complete edition. Theres also the collectible stuff if your a completionist so yeah its replay value may not be that strong but you get your monies worth imo. You could easily spend 20 hours on a single playthrough maybe more depending on if you go after the side stuff too.

Bardock47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Bardock47
Member since 2008 • 5429 Posts

there isnt much unless your a completionist La noire is really the type of game you shouldn't play witha guide it defeats the whole purpose of the game really. I can promise you if you do a legit blind playthrough you will miss a ton of stuff and then there is replay value in going back to the cases you didnt perfect. The game is of a good length though on a single playthrough especially if you have all the dlc cases ala the complete edition. Theres also the collectible stuff if your a completionist so yeah its replay value may not be that strong but you get your monies worth imo. You could easily spend 20 hours on a single playthrough maybe more depending on if you go after the side stuff too.

Gen007

This, only time I used a guide was for case specific achievements. Otherwise I was along for the ride. i found it really enjoyable.

Napster06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Napster06
I think I did missed out on a few achievement. Oh well, I'll get them when I play them again. No worries guys, I'm not using the walkthroughs to help me out. I've gone quite far in the game and it's pretty swell. The replay value may come in when, say, I decide to go to a different destination and interview a different set of suspects beforehand.
Napster06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Napster06
I think I did missed out on a few achievement. Oh well, I'll get them when I play them again. No worries guys, I'm not using the walkthroughs to help me out. I've gone quite far in the game and it's pretty swell. The replay value may come in when, say, I decide to go to a different destination and interview a different set of suspects beforehand.
Pittfan666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#8 Pittfan666
Member since 2003 • 8638 Posts
It's a one run through game. Unless you go back and attempt to get all of the achievements.
willsoonbegone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 willsoonbegone
Member since 2003 • 401 Posts

Forget replay value, if you're anything like me you will have trouble just getting to the end. It gets mind numbingly repetitive as you go on. The cases get longer and longer, even though you keep doing the same 3 or 4 things (drive here, walk around clumsily till you here the "ding" for something of interest, interrogate, repeat). Was an interesting game experience for me since I was blown away by it in the beginning and hated it by the end.

Bardock47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Bardock47
Member since 2008 • 5429 Posts

Forget replay value, if you're anything like me you will have trouble just getting to the end. It gets mind numbingly repetitive as you go on. The cases get longer and longer, even though you keep doing the same 3 or 4 things (drive here, walk around clumsily till you here the "ding" for something of interest, interrogate, repeat). Was an interesting game experience for me since I was blown away by it in the beginning and hated it by the end.

willsoonbegone

I got burnt out by the last third (beginning with Arson) but that might be due to the fact i was power gaming my way through and did it to myself.

Avatar image for deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
Member since 2006 • 6013 Posts

Halfway through I got bored of doing exactly the same thing over and over, and stopped playing. WIll come back some day though as I don't like having unfinished games :P

DJSAV_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DJSAV_101
Member since 2008 • 3701 Posts

There are some mini missions you get through the radio throughout but other than that there is no replay value.

Far_RockNYC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Far_RockNYC
Member since 2012 • 1244 Posts

One and done.

DarkRikuShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 DarkRikuShadow
Member since 2004 • 627 Posts

Once you finish it you might as well trade it it not much to do after you beat it

craigkelleigh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 craigkelleigh
Member since 2005 • 329 Posts

Just finished it last night - including the DLC - but will not be playing through it again......

I did love the game - thought it had amazing attention to detail and a great atmosphere - I do understand the cricitism about it being repeative - I must admit if I had had to do another 'desk' round of cases I would have got pretty bored - for me it was just the right length.....

I did miss out on a few achievements - but I won't be replaying it just to get them - time to move onto another game.....

but I did give it a 8.5 or 9 out of 10 simply for it's uniqueness and attention to details (I didn't mind the slow type of game play)

:)