L4D2-Rare Infected, does anyone else think their a bad idea

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KISS14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 KISS14
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
i heard about the uncommon common, like the mudmen, mud soaked zombies that walk on all fours. I also heard there is going to be: -a moving witch -a mini tank, (charger) -Spitter -boomer -smoker -hunter so with all that plus 4 other new infected, won't left 4 dead be too hard, or just a game that takes to long to get through the hordes
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

I think it's a great idea.. Who cares if it will be slightly harder? After a while you will learn new strategies for dealing with them on each map and it's better than the same enemies as that sounds dull.

SgtPLHCB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 SgtPLHCB
Member since 2009 • 122 Posts

Well, it brings a new challenge.

Moving Witch + Tank + Horde = Challenge

MissMorphine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 MissMorphine
Member since 2008 • 1156 Posts

well i think its a good idea. since they are RARE i presume they wont be as common as the smokers or hunters.

gojays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 gojays
Member since 2005 • 1219 Posts
i think its great, one thing about left for dead i didnt like was it was too repetative, regular zombies all the time. But this will make it more exciting and change it up a bit.
MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#6 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

I'm cool with it!!! Awsome

Bl3ss_The_F4ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Bl3ss_The_F4ll
Member since 2009 • 190 Posts

L4D2 is going to be awesome! I can't wait to play it xD

A harder challenge = A funner game

ShadowbladeXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ShadowbladeXx
Member since 2009 • 79 Posts
I heard rumors that you'll be able to use chainsaws and frying pans in L4D 2 aswell? :D
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 craigalan23
I heard rumors that you'll be able to use chainsaws and frying pans in L4D 2 aswell? :DShadowbladeXx
You can there are videos of the frying pan, axe, and probably the chainsaw on Youtube.
ShadowbladeXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ShadowbladeXx
Member since 2009 • 79 Posts
I can picture EVERYONE now as soon as L4D Comes out. We're all probably gonna pick the chainsaw. Survive 5 entire campaigns hearing the revving motor and grinding of blood and organs xD GOD I can't wait.
archvile_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 archvile_78
Member since 2007 • 8438 Posts

The moving witch will be fun, but only available during daytime campaign. She's gonna walk around like, and i quote, ''a homeless woman'' if she happen to see your group fighting she may end up joining the fight making it harder for the Survivors. Also TC where did you heard of these rare infected?

DPhunkT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DPhunkT
Member since 2008 • 1803 Posts
The charger looked pretty easy to take out in the videos, it seems to have not much more health than a smoker.
CodingGenius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#13 CodingGenius
Member since 2004 • 8118 Posts
Frying pan will be hilarious. I loved it back in Mario RPG, but hitting zombies with it will be killer!
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 craigalan23

The charger looked pretty easy to take out in the videos, it seems to have not much more health than a smoker.DPhunkT
It looked pretty hard to hit though since it's extremely fast but once it attacks it doesn't seem too hard to kill.

mico1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mico1212
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
recently at the PAX where they showed the "Dark Carnival" campaign it showed a new special infected called the Jockey. He jumpes on your back and you ar pinned but you are uncontrollably falling around. here is the link http://kotaku.com/5352951/meet-left-4-dead-2s-jockey-infected also here is a video where you see the jockey in action http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUPlfN9zd90&feature=related
orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#16 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts

SgtPLHCB
yup. it makes me wanna get the game. I'll get it if it gets good reviews, whic =h it most likely will. I just wanna know how many campaigns it will have this time. if it's four or less, count me out. :P
Unknown_Hero3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Unknown_Hero3
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts

Just sounds like damn fun to me.

Blackhawk692

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 Blackhawk692
Member since 2005 • 1306 Posts

[QUOTE="SgtPLHCB"]

orb_03_2006

yup. it makes me wanna get the game. I'll get it if it gets good reviews, whic =h it most likely will. I just wanna know how many campaigns it will have this time. if it's four or less, count me out. :P

It has 5 campaigns

konradak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 konradak
Member since 2005 • 1769 Posts

Ugh, cannot wait :D Loved the first one!!

nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#20 nickdastick
Member since 2004 • 5286 Posts
Yeah, I think it's an awesome idea! I'm glad to have more diverse bad guys in the game. I really think it will add to the whole experience.
AJC3317

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#21 AJC3317
Member since 2003 • 2546 Posts
i think l4d2 in general is a stupid idea. everything they're putting in could have been $20 dlc rather than a full $60 game
Unknown_Hero3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Unknown_Hero3
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts

i think l4d2 in general is a stupid idea. everything they're putting in could have been $20 dlc rather than a full $60 gameAJC3317

Um, i think not.

Dawq902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#23 Dawq902
Member since 2007 • 6796 Posts

The more variety the better!

KISS14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 KISS14

Spitter? spits goo to set you on fire, heard about it in offical XBOX mag

"uncommon common" those have been released on various websites

:)

archvile_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 archvile_78
Member since 2007 • 8438 Posts

We can add the Jockey to the special infected now, he jump on you and drag you into zombie group. Sounds fun. :D

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#26 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
The more enemies, the better. Variety is the spice of life.
wigan_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 wigan_gamer
Member since 2008 • 3293 Posts

The more special infected the better :) I hope for the expert difficulty to be insane :D because expert L4D just isn't hard enough :(

Besides the spitter is cool from what I saw in the vid, never heard of that "mudman" or whatever it is :P

Craigaleg903

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Craigaleg903
New special infected will make things interesting. As far as difficulty, they are helping the survivors out too with flaming ammo, melee weapons, and a new assortment of guns.
MasterSpaceman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 MasterSpaceman
Member since 2009 • 260 Posts

i think l4d2 in general is a stupid idea. everything they're putting in could have been $20 dlc rather than a full $60 gameAJC3317

No.
Do your homework and you'd know.. that's not true.

I like the idea of more Special Infected..
When I first played L4D, Tanks were a nightmare.. Hunters and Smokers were really tough
But as you got used to it.. You could speed run a whole campaign without being touched by a single Smoker, Hunter or Boomer. You could kill the witch before she got to her feet and the Tank.. Well with a smart enough team he wasn't a problem either.

It might take a while to get used to but once you've figured out all the pro's and con's of the new infected.. It won't be an issue.

Avatar image for DamianAlexander
DamianAlexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DamianAlexander
Member since 2008 • 3762 Posts

[QUOTE="AJC3317"]i think l4d2 in general is a stupid idea. everything they're putting in could have been $20 dlc rather than a full $60 gameMasterSpaceman

No.
Do your homework and you'd know.. that's not true.

I like the idea of more Special Infected..
When I first played L4D, Tanks were a nightmare.. Hunters and Smokers were really tough
But as you got used to it.. You could speed run a whole campaign without being touched by a single Smoker, Hunter or Boomer. You could kill the witch before she got to her feet and the Tank.. Well with a smart enough team he wasn't a problem either.

It might take a while to get used to but once you've figured out all the pro's and con's of the new infected.. It won't be an issue.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Also, I can't wait till I see all these special infected. Even if they make the gamer harder, it's a game about teamwork, it just means that you as a team have to plan things out, stay closer, and keep a lockout for one another. Team work makes the dream work baby, as an old friend of mine used to say.

dstv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 dstv
Member since 2007 • 1384 Posts

you forgot the jockey

The_Dowell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 The_Dowell
Member since 2009 • 353 Posts

I like it because it might keep the players on their toes more so than the first one.

Players will occasionally come across Common Infected wearing a Hazmat Suit, which was likely being worn prior to the person being infected.

The Hazmat-suited Infected appear exclusively in the Left 4 Dead 2 campaign, The Parish. Though not as numerous as normal Common Infected, they share the same health, abilities and weaknesses. However, due to their Hazmat Suits, they are immune to fire in all forms.

The Mud Men will appear in the campaign Swamp Fever. They are similar to the Common Infected in most ways, except that they are covered in mud and use this as camouflage. They sprint on all fours. However, if it is shoved, it will go back on to two feet, the same way the Hunter does. They also run even faster than regular Infected. This makes them particularly harder and annoying to kill, especially when traversing through water as they can run below water as their own ground, while Survivors are slowed when inside the water. When a Mud Man hits you, your screen is partially covered in little mud; the more it hits you, more mud covers your screen. The reason why they walk on all fours could be that it's hard to get around in the mud using just their legs, so to help them traverse, they adapted by using all four limbs to move.Or it could be an infected half way turned into a Hunter.

Chet Faliszek stated in an e-mail that "The Parish" would gain another Uncommon Infected; the Riot Infected. While human, they were members of a private security firm, which was hired by CEDA to protect civilians. In laymen terms: they were "Rent-A-Riot-Cops". However they were Infected while wearing their gear, and the Kevlar gives them immunity to bullets. Chet has stated however, that they will not be immune to fire, melee weapons, or explosives.

Clown Infected. A once laughable, lovable comedian, now a victim of the spreading infection. They wander around the Dark Carnival campaign and when they spot Survivors they'll charge calling other Infected in with the sound of their noisy squeaky shoes for an attack, something very similar to the idea of the Screamer.Left 4 Dead Wiki

The Source

MasterSpaceman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 MasterSpaceman
Member since 2009 • 260 Posts

Couldn't have said it better myself. Also, I can't wait till I see all these special infected. Even if they make the gamer harder, it's a game about teamwork, it just means that you as a team have to plan things out, stay closer, and keep a lockout for one another. Team work makes the dream work baby, as an old friend of mine used to say.

DamianAlexander

Definately dude. L4D is all about the teamwork. These new Special Infected just make it that much more challenging. I'm looking forward to it.

KISS14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 KISS14

NOTE:when i posted this, the jockey hadn't been revealed